Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Avery leaves?

I would just like us to have another guy who has solid hands and is a solid route runner. A posession type guy. Our receivers did have some high drop rates. But I understand that has a good chance hopefully to improve. Maybe Griff becomes that guy who knows. I do like the potential with our guys now though. I would really love to see that Kelly guy develop and become a playmaker!

Yeah, I can appreciate that.

But we all remember when we really needed WRs. We're not there anymore. I like our WRs. And with the exception of getting a guy (if Avery departs) I don't really think we need anyone else.

Let our line get stabilized. Let Andrew throw off of solid ground and our completion percentage should rise no problem. :)

Yeah, I can appreciate that.

But we all remember when we really needed WRs. We're not there anymore. I like our WRs. And with the exception of getting a guy (if Avery departs) I don't really think we need anyone else.

Let our line get stabilized. Let Andrew throw off of solid ground and our completion percentage should rise no problem. :)

Sounds good to me!

Wow. Those hating on Avery but in love with a dude who hasn't been apart of a real game are causing my head to hurt. Avery won us a few games last season. Just because he had a few drops isn't a reason to cut him. Wayne dropped passes. Collie (when playing dropped passes) Fleener dropped passes. Hilton dropped passes. Allen dropped passes. I suppose we should cut all of our WR's and go with PS/IR guys?

#1 Wayne

#2 Brazill

Slot Hilton

Remember,  you only get to put 7 players on the Line of Scrimmage.

Five are ALWAYS lineman.    So,  two more.    One is typically a WR.   The other is typically a TE.     Not always,  but typically.

Just want to make sure we're all on the same page here....

Wow. Those hating on Avery but in love with a dude who hasn't been apart of a real game are causing my head to hurt. Avery won us a few games last season. Just because he had a few drops isn't a reason to cut him. Wayne dropped passes. Collie (when playing dropped passes) Fleener dropped passes. Hilton dropped passes. Allen dropped passes. I suppose we should cut all of our WR's and go with PS/IR guys?

^^^That^^^

Actually Allen and Wayne had some of the lowest drop rates in the league. Hilton and Avery were #1. Hilton gets a pass because he was a rookie. Avery has almost as much a chance catching a ball that hit him in the hands as he does dropping it. Drops kills drives and we lose momentum because of it. It hasn't hurt as that bad yet, but it will eventually when he drops a pass that hit's him in the chest in the 4th quarter and it costs us points.

Actually Allen and Wayne had some of the lowest drop rates in the league. Hilton and Avery were #1. Hilton gets a pass because he was a rookie. Avery has almost as much a chance catching a ball that hit him in the hands as he does dropping it. Drops kills drives and we lose momentum because of it. It hasn't hurt as that bad yet, but it will eventually when he drops a pass that hit's him in the chest in the 4th quarter and it costs us points.

You can't play based on maybe, ifs or buts. Avery didn't cost us any games last season if that's what you're saying. Wouldn't of mattered how he played in the WC game against Baltimore, we were going to lose that game regardless. I think having another offseason with Luck will improve his hands, and we'll see why he was brought in.

Look, we knew coming in, Avery wasn't going to be a superstar #1 receiver. We expected him to battle with TY and Brazill, which is exactly what he did. You say another season won't improve his hands? That could still be true, but Grigs is gonna watch Avery and look if he sees him working on his improvement, and then decide. Maybe he's got some faith in Jeremy Kelley or new OC Pep Hamilton works with his old WR Griff Whalen so he can get moved up to replace Avery.

Maybe it will be  #1 Reggie, #2 TY and in the slot: Whalen or maybe Conner Vernon (from Duke). He is the ACC all time leader in receptions and reminds me of Austin Collie. Now he has GREAT hands (if we are concerned about dropped passes)!

Maybe it will be #1 Reggie, #2 TY and in the slot: Whalen or maybe Conner Vernon (from Duke). He is the ACC all time leader in receptions and reminds me of Austin Collie. Now he has GREAT hands (if we are concerned about dropped

passes)!

You forgot about Brazill