Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nobody's Mock Draft v2.0

Mock Draft Offseason

-Re-Signings-

Pat McAfee 3 million-

That is what I think the tag is worth for him. An obvious signing.

Darius Butler 2 million-

A good #2 CB last year, we sign him to play nickel, where he will be a well above average slot CB, IMO.

AQ Shipley 1 million-

He played very well, we sign him for cheap to possibly start.

Winston Justice 2 million-

A great backup.

Fili Moala 1 million-

I don't know what his contract was, but it can't have been much.

~8M

-Signings-

Danny Amendola 3.5 million-

I'm not a huge Amendola fan like some here, but the Pats want him. We screw over NE and get our #2 WR.

Louis Vasquez 6 million-

Another obvious signing, we have connections, the need, the money, and the correct scheme. (SD is switching to a heavily ZBS)

Pat Chung 3 million-

A lot of potential, hits hard, covers pretty well. Still young, and another steal from NE. The top pick in the 2nd not long ago.

Desmond Bryant 5 million-

I have no idea how much he will command after his arrest, but he'd be a great signing.

Andre Smith 7 million-

We overpay some for a great RT. He wants 9, 7 isn't far off.

Jerome Felton 3 million-

We bring Felton back. We need a FB, and the Vikes have a lot of good FBs, don't need to sign Felton as well.

Amobi Okoye 1.5 million-

A strictly potential signing. Former top ten pick and just 25 years old.

~29M

~37M total

-Draft-

1. Desmond Trufant- CB Washington-

I'd prefer Rhodes, but probably doesn't make it to us. Trufant is extremely fast and physical, and still played well despite an anemic pass rush at Washington.

3. Jamie Collins- OLB USM-

Great pass rusher despite playing from behind often on the worst team in CFB, and great in coverage, not to mention good in run defense.

4. Le'Veon Bell- RB MSU-

Catches passes, runs with power and yet with finesse as well, and is a very good blocker. I'd love this pick. He and Ballard can duke it out for playing time.

6. Luke Marquardt- OL Azusa Pacific-

We interviewed him, he seems intriguing. May as well! Good potential pick.

7. Emory Blake- WR Auburn-

Would be drafted much higher if he wasn't on an awful run-first team. Lacks top end speed, but he is physical, has soft hands, and is a disciplined route runner. Good value pick.

-UDFA-

Quinn Sharp- K/P Ok State-

Competes with AV, could play punter if McAfee switches to kicker.

Joe Vellano- DL Maryland-

Hard worker, good run stuffer. He has a great motor despite lack of great physical tools.

Jordan Kovacs- S Michigan-

See above. Not huge or fast, but good in coverage and a great form tackler, can hit hard. I really want him mainly for ST, as he will make a name for himself there, IMO.

I didn't go into great depth on the free agent contracts, I just put what I thought everyone would command on the open market. Tell me if one is blatantly wrong.

I put a lot of time into this, I've been changing it a lot as things changed. Please leave feedback, but don't quote this whole post. We get who you're responding to.

the SS position just leaves a lot to be desired. I'd switch out Le'Veon Bell and draft Duke Williams or TJ McDonald or some other safety in the 4th. I'll ride with Ballard and Brown for one more year to see how they co exist when both healthy for a long stretch. Other than that I see nothing wrong with this offseason plan. I would also bring in another corner in case of injury, resign powers for the 3rd/4th corner or somebody

You are in the right direction...

But Danny A..?? NO.. they already have him with Wayne, TY, and LB.,,,

Indy NEEDS a burner... and DA is not the answer....

JMO...

What do you mean by "burner"? Both Hilton and Brazill run a sub 4.4 forty.

What do you mean Trufant doesn't play our scheme. He has played man all of his career. Spent the last two seasons playing on an island and was great. Great senior bowl too. He fits perfectly.

Trufant likely doesn't fit our defensive scheme, and Collins likely doesn't make it out of the 2nd round.

I'd be thrilled if Collins fell to us in the third, though.

the SS position just leaves a lot to be desired. I'd switch out Le'Veon Bell and draft Duke Williams or TJ McDonald or some other safety in the 4th. I'll ride with Ballard and Brown for one more year to see how they co exist when both healthy for a long stretch. Other than that I see nothing wrong with this offseason plan. I would also bring in another corner in case of injury, resign powers for the 3rd/4th corner or somebody

You're right, we'd have a hole there. Unfortunately we can't fill every need in one offseason, it's just not possible.

Trufant likely doesn't fit our defensive scheme, and Collins likely doesn't make it out of the 2nd round.

I'd be thrilled if Collins fell to us in the third, though.

Why doesn't Trufant fit our scheme? The draft is so deep at OLB, I think Collins can make it to us, but he certainly has the talent to go much earlier.

I actually just saw a mock draft on NFL.com that had us taking Jamie Collins with our first pick. I highly doubt that happens but if hes there in the third hed be great.

The kid is a phenomenal athlete as the combine shows,  but when I watch some of his tape he just didn't shine as much as I expected him to. Has an inconsistent motor and seems to lack the killer instinct sometimes. I don't think he's a first rounder, but someone will take him in the second just based on his measurables and athleticism alone.

Collins Definitely will not be there when our third round pick rolls around. I'm not a fan of your free agent signings, especially Chung. And I hope we pick up more than two quality oline men, since our whole line sucks besides AC.

I like Shipley at C, I think our line would be much better. Why don't you like my FA? Why don't you like Chung?

Mock Draft Offseason

-Re-Signings-

Pat McAfee 3 million-

That is what I think the tag is worth for him. An obvious signing.

Darius Butler 2 million-

A good #2 CB last year, we sign him to play nickel, where he will be a well above average slot CB, IMO.

AQ Shipley 1 million-

He played very well, we sign him for cheap to possibly start.

Winston Justice 2 million-

A great backup.

Fili Moala 1 million-

I don't know what his contract was, but it can't have been much.

~8M

-Signings-

Danny Amendola 3.5 million-

I'm not a huge Amendola fan like some here, but the Pats want him. We screw over NE and get our #2 WR.

Louis Vasquez 6 million-

Another obvious signing, we have connections, the need, the money, and the correct scheme. (SD is switching to a heavily ZBS)

Pat Chung 3 million-

A lot of potential, hits hard, covers pretty well. Still young, and another steal from NE. The top pick in the 2nd not long ago.

Desmond Bryant 5 million-

I have no idea how much he will command after his arrest, but he'd be a great signing.

Andre Smith 7 million-

We overpay some for a great RT. He wants 9, 7 isn't far off.

Jerome Felton 3 million-

We bring Felton back. We need a FB, and the Vikes have a lot of good FBs, don't need to sign Felton as well.

Amobi Okoye 1.5 million-

A strictly potential signing. Former top ten pick and just 25 years old.

~29M

~37M total

-Draft-

1. Desmond Trufant- CB Washington-

I'd prefer Rhodes, but probably doesn't make it to us. Trufant is extremely fast and physical, and still played well despite an anemic pass rush at Washington.

3. Jamie Collins- OLB USM-

Great pass rusher despite playing from behind often on the worst team in CFB, and great in coverage, not to mention good in run defense.

4. Le'Veon Bell- RB MSU-

Catches passes, runs with power and yet with finesse as well, and is a very good blocker. I'd love this pick. He and Ballard can duke it out for playing time.

6. Luke Marquardt- OL Azusa Pacific-

We interviewed him, he seems intriguing. May as well! Good potential pick.

7. Emory Blake- WR Auburn-

Would be drafted much higher if he wasn't on an awful run-first team. Lacks top end speed, but he is physical, has soft hands, and is a disciplined route runner. Good value pick.

-UDFA-

Quinn Sharp- K/P Ok State-

Competes with AV, could play punter if McAfee switches to kicker.

Joe Vellano- DL Maryland-

Hard worker, good run stuffer. He has a great motor despite lack of great physical tools.

Jordan Kovacs- S Michigan-

See above. Not huge or fast, but good in coverage and a great form tackler, can hit hard. I really want him mainly for ST, as he will make a name for himself there, IMO.

I didn't go into great depth on the free agent contracts, I just put what I thought everyone would command on the open market. Tell me if one is blatantly wrong.

I put a lot of time into this, I've been changing it a lot as things changed. Please leave feedback, but don't quote this whole post. We get who you're responding to.

If your signings actually go for the amounts you listed, then wow.......great values. I say Trufant is gone by 24.

What do you mean Trufant doesn't play our scheme. He has played man all of his career. Spent the last two seasons playing on an island and was great. Great senior bowl too. He fits perfectly.

Nevermind on that.  I was under the assumption that we were playing primarily off-man coverage (Trufant is a press-man corner).  Although I couldn't find our scheme on-line, Baltimore plays press-man coverage, so I assume we play that also.

I don't think so, Rhodes and Milliner will probably be gone, but who takes Trufant first?

Milliner will definitely be gone. Part of me thinks Trufant goes before Rhodes (and Rhodes will be available to us). I just hope we don't end up with Banks.

I would be amazed if only 2 CBs go in the first round.

Nevermind on that. I was under the assumption that we were playing primarily off-man coverage (Trufant is a press-man corner). Although I couldn't find our scheme on-line, Baltimore plays press-man coverage, so I assume we play that also.

You assume? We do play press man, as did Rhodes and Trufant in college.

I like Shipley at C, I think our line would be much better. Why don't you like my FA? Why don't you like Chung?

Shipley is veryy average to below average. As far as free agency goes I would like to see us bring in more impact players..for example, the corner position this year in free agency is too deep not to bring in at least one of them. And Chung is just another very average player..who is injury prone and not a difference maker at all.

Milliner will definitely be gone. Part of me thinks Trufant goes before Rhodes (and Rhodes will be available to us). I just hope we don't end up with Banks.

I would be amazed if only 2 CBs go in the first round.

1. Milliner

2. Rhodes

3. Trufant

With maybe another to San Fran at 31.

Shipley is veryy average to below average. As far as free agency goes I would like to see us bring in more impact players..for example, the corner position this year in free agency is too deep not to bring in at least one of them. And Chung is just another very average player..who is injury prone and not a difference maker at all.

Shipley was one of the best pass blocking Cs in the league, and I believe Chung graded out better than Bethea or Zbikowski. What does "very average" mean?

Shipley was one of the best pass blocking Cs in the league, and I believe Chung graded out better than Bethea or Zbikowski. What does "very average" mean?

Very average is my kind way of saying no where close to being a good player in the league..Shipley is not a great pass blocker by any means based off the games that I saw..and if really is one of the best pass blockers in the league then theres no way we would be able to resign him for one million...and for Chung didnt he lose his starting job in NE??

Very average is my kind way of saying no where close to being a good player in the league..Shipley is not a great pass blocker by any means based off the games that I saw..and if really is one of the best pass blockers in the league then theres no way we would be able to resign him for one million...and for Chung didnt he lose his starting job in NE??

Shipley and AC were our only blockers to grade out positively for run blocking. As for what you saw, I trust PFF more. Chung wasn't really meant to be the starter at S, I originally had us taking Mathieu in the fourth, but he had a great combine. Oh well, like I said, we can't have every hole filled 2 years into a rebuild. And AQ isn't "no where close to being a good player". You're flat wrong on him.

Shipley and AC were our only blockers to grade out positively for run blocking. As for what you saw, I trust PFF more. Chung wasn't really meant to be the starter at S, I originally had us taking Mathieu in the fourth, but he had a great combine. Oh well, like I said, we can't have every hole filled 2 years into a rebuild. And AQ isn't "no where close to being a good player". You're flat wrong on him.

I agree on that.

But you really believe AQ is a good player?? On most teams he would be a practice squad player..heck he was even on ours before injuries kicked in and we turned desperate for line men.

AQ is definitely NOT below average, if anything I think he is slightly above average and has not reached his ceiling yet ... statistically PFF has him rated 15th out of 36 centers; ranked ahead of Wisniewski(OAK), Koppen(DEN), Birk(BALT), etc ..... Satele on the other hand did not fair as well; he was ranked 33rd.  I would be fine giving AQ a chance to be the starting center this season.

AQ is definitely NOT below average, if anything I think he is slightly above average and has not reached his ceiling yet ... statistically PFF has him rated 15th out of 36 centers; ranked ahead of Wisniewski(OAK), Koppen(DEN), Birk(BALT), etc ..... Satele on the other hand did not fair as well; he was ranked 33rd.  I would be fine giving AQ a chance to be the starting center this season.

Do those stats really mean anything seeing he only played in what 3-4 games?? bc we all know he is not nearly as good as any of those players..so lets be realistic.

I agree on that.

But you really believe AQ is a good player?? On most teams he would be a practice squad player..heck he was even on ours before injuries kicked in and we turned desperate for line men.

AQ would be signed off a practice squad before you even had time to sign the paperwork.  He would start for at least 1/3 of the league and be primary backup on almost any other.