Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nobody's Mock Draft v2.0

AQ would be signed off a practice squad before you even had time to sign the paperwork.  He would start for at least 1/3 of the league and be primary backup on almost any other.

LOL so if he's so great then why was he on the eagles practice squad and ours before injuries force him up to the roster? and if he played so great as u claim then why didnt he keep the starting job? You really think they didnt want the best protection possible for the frachise player??

Do those stats really mean anything seeing he only played in what 3-4 games?? bc we all know he is not nearly as good as any of those players..so lets be realistic.

The ranking takes into account his snap count, if he started more games with similar stats he would have been ranked even higher.  He is better than you give him credit for, he can't help if the guards weren't holding the line which made his play look worse.

LOL so if he's so great then why was he on the eagles practice squad and ours before injuries force him up to the roster? and if he played so great as u claim then why didnt he keep the starting job? You really think they didnt want the best protection possible for the frachise player??

Because players can improve?

I know you addressed Dline through FA and undrafted FA, but that kind of flies in the face of conventional wisdom to completely ignore what this draft is strongest in.  Other than that, I like most of the picks.  The only reason I am okay with Trufant is because I think bloodlines do make a difference.  I am one of those who still believes in Banks, but I don't expect anyone to draft him this high now. 

Many players are buried or go undrafted until they get a chance to show they can play or have time to develop. I dont know why they did not leave him in as starter  the line was in flux and a mess all year maybe they wanted to see if Satele would get in a groove since they had just went out and spent money on him, maybe Satele was worse at center but better at helping the guards ... I dont know the reason, but I know AQ looked pretty good (and definitely better than Satele) when he did get his chances.  PFF obviously seen the same things in his play as many posters here do though.

Why did Saturday do undrafted and than get waived by the Ravens before starting for the Colts?

Many players are buried or go undrafted until they get a chance to show they can play or have time to develop. I dont know why they did not leave him in as starter  the line was in flux and a mess all year maybe they wanted to see if Satele would get in a groove since they had just went out and spent money on him, maybe Satele was worse at center but better at helping the guards ... I dont know the reason, but I know AQ looked pretty good (and definitely better than Satele) when he did get his chances.  PFF obviously seen the same things in his play as many posters here do though.

I will give you one thing he was better than Satele b/c he was straight trash, but not by much. IMO they Both are not starting quality centers, and would love to upgrade that position soon rather than later.

Why? Give me reasons, not just "LOL He's bad bcuz he was on ps"

For one he has T-Rex arms..is not a good run or pass blocker and thats exactly why he couldn't keep the starting job! and if you can't beat out an injured Satele for the starting center job then you are not good!

Now...Why on earth are you praising him so much??

Mock Draft Offseason

-Re-Signings-

Pat McAfee 3 million-

That is what I think the tag is worth for him. An obvious signing.

Darius Butler 2 million-

A good #2 CB last year, we sign him to play nickel, where he will be a well above average slot CB, IMO.

AQ Shipley 1 million-

He played very well, we sign him for cheap to possibly start.

Winston Justice 2 million-

A great backup.

Fili Moala 1 million-

I don't know what his contract was, but it can't have been much.

~8M

-Signings-

Danny Amendola 3.5 million-

I'm not a huge Amendola fan like some here, but the Pats want him. We screw over NE and get our #2 WR.

Louis Vasquez 6 million-

Another obvious signing, we have connections, the need, the money, and the correct scheme. (SD is switching to a heavily ZBS)

Pat Chung 3 million-

A lot of potential, hits hard, covers pretty well. Still young, and another steal from NE. The top pick in the 2nd not long ago.

Desmond Bryant 5 million-

I have no idea how much he will command after his arrest, but he'd be a great signing.

Andre Smith 7 million-

We overpay some for a great RT. He wants 9, 7 isn't far off.

Jerome Felton 3 million-

We bring Felton back. We need a FB, and the Vikes have a lot of good FBs, don't need to sign Felton as well.

Amobi Okoye 1.5 million-

A strictly potential signing. Former top ten pick and just 25 years old.

~29M

~37M total

-Draft-

1. Desmond Trufant- CB Washington-

I'd prefer Rhodes, but probably doesn't make it to us. Trufant is extremely fast and physical, and still played well despite an anemic pass rush at Washington.

3. Jamie Collins- OLB USM-

Great pass rusher despite playing from behind often on the worst team in CFB, and great in coverage, not to mention good in run defense.

4. Le'Veon Bell- RB MSU-

Catches passes, runs with power and yet with finesse as well, and is a very good blocker. I'd love this pick. He and Ballard can duke it out for playing time.

6. Luke Marquardt- OL Azusa Pacific-

We interviewed him, he seems intriguing. May as well! Good potential pick.

7. Emory Blake- WR Auburn-

Would be drafted much higher if he wasn't on an awful run-first team. Lacks top end speed, but he is physical, has soft hands, and is a disciplined route runner. Good value pick.

-UDFA-

Quinn Sharp- K/P Ok State-

Competes with AV, could play punter if McAfee switches to kicker.

Joe Vellano- DL Maryland-

Hard worker, good run stuffer. He has a great motor despite lack of great physical tools.

Jordan Kovacs- S Michigan-

See above. Not huge or fast, but good in coverage and a great form tackler, can hit hard. I really want him mainly for ST, as he will make a name for himself there, IMO.

I didn't go into great depth on the free agent contracts, I just put what I thought everyone would command on the open market. Tell me if one is blatantly wrong.

I put a lot of time into this, I've been changing it a lot as things changed. Please leave feedback, but don't quote this whole post. We get who you're responding to.

Do, I agree with every pick and signing?    No.   But, on balance, this might be my favorite mock draft and off-season move compilation I've seen.   And there have been some good ones.    For me, I think it's the most realistic, the most practical.

I do think the Colts will not be able to sign all the FA's you'd like us to.   There will need to be more money left over for the nuts and bolts players we will still need to fill out the rest of the roster.   Even if it's not same of the remaining Colts' players,  we will need more bodies.   I don't think we'll be able to spend more than roughly $26 Mill on FA,  but that's my rough ballpark guess.

I could be high or low just a bit.   

Also,  the AQ Shipley deal is quite odd.   I'm with Nobody that I thought he was a FA.   But, when another poster said Shipley was signed though 2014,  that confused me.    I know I've seen him on multiple lists as a FA.

But, I went to spotrac, and he's not listed as a FA,  but he's also not listed as on our roster either.   And pro football focus doesn't list him as a FA anymore either.

So, it's possible there was some wrong information out there and there have been attempts made to correct it.   But, I'd like to find a website to confirm this one way or another.    I thought he was a FA as well.

If he's signed,  good for us.   I like him.    I'm just noting Nobody is not alone in his thinking....

My Mock Offseason  Last until free agency 

Resignings 

Fili Moala

Joe Reitz

Moise Foku

Darius Butler

FA Signings

Jermon Bushrod  5 year 60 million

Louis Vasquez   4 years 45 million

Paul Kruger           4 years 40 million

Antoine Cason       4 years  20 million <

Draft      Trade 24th pick to 49ers for both seconds  KC + their own

2nd  Matt Elam  SS         i watched alot of FLorida game this guy is a well rounded safety if hes on the board we better take him  

2nd round   Larry Warford   OG    very well touted player  would help the offense line abunch 

3rd  Sean Porter  OLB      Love this guy he could be the steal of the draft

4th  Aaron Dobson  WR    tall wideout for luck to have at his arsenal

6th OL reid Fragel      

7th    any available  kicker

I love some of this but some big things i would say flat out no to.

Danny Amendola. Why? Just why? 3.5 mil a year to a slow, unremarkable slot reciever. Seemingly just to stop him potentially going to NE? No Thanks.

McAfee must not move to Kicker. He is one of the top 5 punters in the league. A pro bowler or he should be anyway. I would prefer that we drafted a Kicker than move McAfee.

Dont like Trufant in the first, Not sure why, just doesn't sit right with me. Only corner i'd go with in the first is Rhodes.

I would run to the podium if Jamie Collins is still on the board at RD3, rush backer is a deep position, but in a passing league good ones are hugely coveted. At least one team will love him enough to take him in RD2.

Love the Bell pick in RD4. AND the 6th and 7th rounders. Also liked the UFAs especially Jordan Kovacs.

Apart from those gripes, was pretty good

My Mock Offseason Last until free agency

Resignings

Fili Moala

Joe Reitz

Moise Foku

Darius Butler

FA Signings

Jermon Bushrod 5 year 60 million

Louis Vasquez 4 years 45 million

Paul Kruger 4 years 40 million

Antoine Cason 4 years 20 million <

Draft Trade 24th pick to 49ers for both seconds KC + their own

2nd Matt Elam SS i watched alot of FLorida game this guy is a well rounded safety if hes on the board we better take him

2nd round Larry Warford OG very well touted player would help the offense line abunch

3rd Sean Porter OLB Love this guy he could be the steal of the draft

4th Aaron Dobson WR tall wideout for luck to have at his arsenal

6th OL reid Fragel

7th any available kicker

That is really overpaying, IMO. More than 10 million a year for 3 guys, two of them on the OL. And I don't think Cason is worth 5 million a year either. The draft is great, though.

Danny Amendola. Why? Just why? 3.5 mil a year to a slow, unremarkable slot reciever. Seemingly just to stop him potentially going to NE? No Thanks.

McAfee must not move to Kicker. He is one of the top 5 punters in the league. A pro bowler or he should be anyway. I would prefer that we drafted a Kicker than move McAfee.

Dont like Trufant in the first, Not sure why, just doesn't sit right with me. Only corner i'd go with in the first is Rhodes.

I would run to the podium if Jamie Collins is still on the board at RD3, rush backer is a deep position, but in a passing league good ones are hugely coveted. At least one team will love him enough to take him in RD2.

Love the Bell pick in RD4. AND the 6th and 7th rounders. Also liked the UFAs especially Jordan Kovacs.

Amendola has some of the best hands in the league and turns up the field quick.

Love the Bell pick in RD4. AND the 6th and 7th rounders. Also liked the UFAs especially Jordan Kovacs.

Amendola may be unremarkable, but he is a lot like Collie. Great hands, diagnosis coverage very well, strong route runner. He may not be remarkable like TY or Avery, but he has much more reliable hands, and Luck needs that, IMO.

I was slow to come around on Trufant, but he succeeded in a press man coverage scheme on an island with almost no pass rush. In other words, he had to stick to the receiver for a long time, and he did it well.

I also want Pat to stay at punter.

Glad you like the rest! Thanks for the feedback!

Trufant doesn't fit our scheme hes not a physical cb and i think will end up signing Cary Williams. Kawann Short or Sylvester Williams would be better options.

Yes he is. He is very physical. Have you watched him at all? Williams is very overrated and isn't worth the $ he'll want.

Yes he is. He is very physical. Have you watched him at all? Williams is very overrated and isn't worth the $ he'll want.

Yes but not as physical  as we want for his size and he can't tackle. I think it's a foregone conclusion that we will sign Cary Williams and i don't think will overpay. Drafting Rhodes or Trufant won't help us against the run in which we were ranked 30th last year. We need bigger,stronger,and more athletic guys up front on defense. You should always draft from the inside out instead of outside in.Kawann Short and Sylvester Williams are both rated higher then Trufant and would have much bigger impact on our defense.

Yes but not as physical  as we want for his size and he can't tackle. I think it's a foregone conclusion that we will sign Cary Williams and i don't think will overpay. Drafting Rhodes or Trufant won't help us against the run in which we were ranked 30th last year. We need bigger,stronger,and more athletic guys up front on defense. You should always draft from the inside out instead of outside in.Kawann Short and Sylvester Williams are both rated higher then Trufant and would have much bigger impact on our defense.

Rhodes is a great run defender. Trufant not as much.