Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Star Lotulelei (Best Draft I've seen)

I absolutely love this draft for the Colts! We get a stud on the DL in Lotulelei, a great pass rusher in Brandon Jenkins in the 3rd, and a very underrated RT in Brian Winters in the 4th.

This brings up the topic of Lotulelei. With him probably dropping now after not participating in the combine, do you see it possible he could fall to us? We would obviously have to check into his heart condition and make sure its not serious first.

Edited by Nadine
do not link to other forums. Please read rules

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55787

I absolutely love this draft for the Colts! We get a stud on the DL in Lotulelei, a great pass rusher in Brandon Jenkins in the 3rd, and a very underrated RT in Brian Winters in the 4th.

This brings up the topic of Lotulelei. With him probably dropping now after not participating in the combine, do you see it possible he could fall to us? We would obviously have to check into his heart condition and make sure its not serious first.

I think it's pretty unlikely that he ends up going around 24th. Total conjecture ... but I think it's either something serious that drops him way down on draft boards or it could be something minor that was realated to the quick 10 pounds he dropped. If minor , I think he drops a little but still would be top 10.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55787

His missing the combine won't hurt his stock at all...he will have his pro day soon enough. The only way he drops to 24 is if he medical condition is serious....and in that case everybody will pass on him.

I just have doubts he will go top 10 even if his heart condition checks out and he's good to go. Floyd has surpassed him and the OL class is stacked at the top to where we could see 5 OLman go top 10.

If he checks out medically and falls to say around 15-20 Id be all for trading up a bit to get him. We could always give up a 2014 mid round pick to move up a little to get him.

You should have followed the combine and the story.

Like blood says, we would pass like everyone else if he has a heart condition.

At #3, Jenkins stunk it up at the combine.

#4 Winters is right for a Zone blocking scheme.

So 0-3 on this guys draft.

Im more concered with game tape and Brandon Jenkins tore it up in 2011. As for Winters, the guy is physical and a good run blocker. We can always coach him on a power scheme.

And Im not arguing that we would pass on him if his heart condition is serious. Im arguing for drafting him if it's not.

I'd love it more if Collins, who goes a pick later, is our pick in the third. And Winters is an OG at the next level, and while I like him, with the great OL depth in this draft and propensity for OL (especially guards, and even more especially players switching to guard) to fall further than talent says they should, Winter could well be available in the 6th. He is much more talented than that, though.

I just have doubts he will go top 10 even if his heart condition checks out and he's good to go. Floyd has surpassed him and the OL class is stacked at the top to where we could see 5 OLman go top 10.

If he checks out medically and falls to say around 15-20 Id be all for trading up a bit to get him. We could always give up a 2014 mid round pick to move up a little to get him.

Floyd hasn't passed Star, at all.

No offense, but star falling that far is a pipe dream....but u never know

Floyd hasn't passed Star, at all.

Actually,  I believe he has.    I think Floyd is the hottest DL in the draft right now.

I made a post about this in another thread that you may not have seen, but it's worth repeating.....

The NFL Network brought in 3 GM's on 3 different days to give a top-10 mock draft....

All three GM's had Floyd going 3rd to the Raiders.     Even if they're wrong,  their point was they see Floyd as a top-5 player.

Then he did well at the combine....    so, I think he's very hot right now....   good to be him....

From what I understand, a lot of people viewed his loss in weight as a sign he didn't want to go to a 3-4 team. 

I took it as wanting to be a bit quicker for the combine tests....plus the size he came in at was more than adequate for a 34 end

There's a very solid chance none of those 3 guys are available at where that guy's mocking them to us.

Speaking of projections though, if Margus Hunt is there when we pick, I'd give serious thought to taking him and converting him to a 3-4 OLB who can occasionally play with his hand down instead of the 5 tech he's primarily seen as. He's plenty athletic enough to play off the edge. Standing him up would also eliminate his biggest weakness, which is playing with a high pad level and giving up his leverage (not surprising when you're 6'8).