Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft I'd love to see

I've been holding off with mock drafts because I always get antsy and do one way to early but I think I'll make one now lol. This draft is assuming we pick up G Louis Vasquez and more o-line help in FA. We get 2 compensatory picks a 6th and a 7th, I would say a fifth for Garcon but he was injured to much to project that.

1- CB Desmond Trufant - Washington

3- OLB Jamie Collins - SMU

4- T Chris Faulk - LSU

(trade a 2013 6th,7th, and a 2013 5 to get into the front of the 5th)

5- SS Shamarko Thomas - Syracuse

6- FB Klye Juszcyk - Harvard

7- OL

The first two names put a big smile on my face....

BUT....

I think Shamarko Thomas is going to be long gone by the 5th round...    I might even be surprised if he's there in the 4th round...

And Collins may not be around in the bottom of the 3rd where we currently pick either....

Some very interesting names....     now, we have to find a way to get them....

1.Rhodes or Warford or Barrett Jones or Cooper if by wild chance he is there (If none are there then trade down to 34 Chiefs, pick up an extra 3rd)

2.Brandon Jenkins

3.David Amerson

3.Brandon Williams

4.Alvin Bailey

5.dont think we have a 5th? But if we do Chris Faulk

6.Tyrone Goard

7.Braden Wilson or Tommy Bohanon 

Based on current draft grades and need and scheme fit  all rolled into one

Not the perfect scenario by any means, some great picks mixed in though I think, But welcome to drafting at 24

I've been holding off with mock drafts because I always get antsy and do one way to early but I think I'll make one now lol. This draft is assuming we pick up G Louis Vasquez and more o-line help in FA. We get 2 compensatory picks a 6th and a 7th, I would say a fifth for Garcon but he was injured to much to project that.

1- CB Desmond Trufant - Washington

3- OLB Jamie Collins - SMU

4- T Chris Faulk - LSU

(trade a 2013 6th,7th, and a 2013 5 to get into the front of the 5th)

5- SS Shamarko Thomas - Syracuse

6- FB Klye Juszcyk - Harvard

7- OL

The Colts do not have a 5th rounder this year.  It was traded to the 49ers to move up and grab TY Hilton last season.

I don't like any draft that has us taking a db in the 1st round when Grigson already said that the free agent cb class is very deep this year. We should be able to get DRC,Talib,or Jenkins for a reasonable price. Doesn't matter how good your db's are if you can't get consistent pressure on QB.

1.Richardson, Hankins,  or Kawann Short - All 1st round grades and rated higher then Rhodes and Trufant

3. Bacarri Rambo SS

4. Jamie Collins DE/OLB

5. Oday Aboushi OG/OT

6. Joseph Randle RB

7. Vance Mcdonald TE

I don't like any draft that has us taking a db in the 1st round when Grigson already said that the free agent cb class is very deep this year. We should be able to get DRC,Talib,or Jenkins for a reasonable price. Doesn't matter how good your db's are if you can't get consistent pressure on QB.

1.Richardson, Hankins,  or Kawann Short - All 1st round grades and rated higher then Rhodes and Trufant

3. Bacarri Rambo SS

4. Jamie Collins DE/OLB

5. Oday Aboushi OG/OT

6. Joseph Randle RB

7. Vance Mcdonald TE

Oday currently has a high 3rd round grade

and a TE and RB is a waste of a pick when we have 2 very capable running backs as is in Brown and Ballard and even throw in Carter there on limited carries(do to his fumbleitus) Since the scheme that Pep used calls for a true FB, I'd take Tommy Bohanon or Braden Wilson in the 6th or 7th

Oday currently has a high 3rd round grade

and a TE and RB is a waste of a pick when we have 2 very capable running backs as is in Brown and Ballard and even throw in Carter there on limited carries(do to his fumbleitus) Since the scheme that Pep used calls for a true FB, I'd take Tommy Bohanon or Braden Wilson in the 6th or 7th

Were gonna need another TE Pep uses 4 sometimes in his system. Also Rb's get injured often we had to rely on Mewelde  Moore because Ballard was tired don't want that to happen again. We can sign a good FB in free agency.

Were gonna need another TE Pep uses 4 sometimes in his system. Also Rb's get injured often we had to rely on Mewelde  Moore because Ballard was tired don't want that to happen again. We can sign a good FB in free agency.

we can also sign a rb in FA, with a good O Line any running back can be good as long as he can hang onto the ball. We also have 4 TE's, No way am I gonna set aside 5 roster spots for a 5th TE unless we release one of our current ones which seems likely but in that case I'd just pick a TE up from the Undrafted Free Agent pool