Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL GMs Want To Know If Manti Teo Is Gay

"According to a report by Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk and NBC Sports, NFL coaches and general managers want to know if Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o is gay. 'It's been described to me as the proverbial elephant in the room and I don't think anyone knows how to solve this dilemma yet. It's just that they want to know what they're getting,' Florio said. 'They want to know what issues they may be dealing with down the road. We just assumed that at some point there would be an openly gay played in an NFL locker room and the team would have to work with the realities and make sure that everything's fine. I'm not saying anyone would take Manti Te'o off the board if they suspected he's gay or know he's gay. That's just the thing that's out there that they want to know the answer to."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21766746/nfl-combine-florio-says-teams-want-to-know-if-teo-is-gay

Hmmmmmm I don't know what to say about this one. Jeesh this guy sure isn't getting a friendly welcome to the NFL that's for sure.

people read to much into combine numbers, he has great football instincts, He only played bad against Alabama and who didn't play bad against them! He was awesome all year and he had the #in world on his shoulders with all that catfishing crap right before that game, I'm sure all you * would be able to play lights out with that embarrassment!

He can tackle and he is not slow in terms of game speed, where he struggles is fighting off of blocks  and debris, How can a guy not tackle and and record 3 straight 100+ tackle seasons, As for him being gay,I dont expect that to be an issue, there have been other gay football players. But them wanting to know is no big deal, just tell them no and move on

He was still in on 10 tackles, to much is being made of that game 

He played terribly in the biggest game of his life against lineman and running backs that will be picked high in the draft. I never saw so many missed arm tackles. I mean for a guy who had only missed 2 tackles all year, he missed tons that game.

Anyone who says teo sucks has not watched him gor the last three years. You must have watched the champ game and thats it. He wasnt a heisman finalist by mistake

Heismann Great NFL Player

If it did then Tebow wouldn't be a back up on one of the worst teams in the league right now.

Teo was such a public figure and the new embodiment of the Notre Dame revival. He got a lot of press and he seemed to like it. By the time they played BAMA, the hype was too much. They were never in Bama's league. To be fair, his last game was bad and his combine was bad. That is on him and he does not deserve a first round pick.

I think Te'o can play.  We have seen many times that the 40 time isn't a good indicator of how good of a football player a guy is.  Heyward-Bey ran a wicked 40, so did Van *.  Furthermore, a number of GMs have said that the 40 time does not concern them.  Brandon Spikes ran a terrible 40, but has turned into a very good player.  As for his sexuality, that's no one else's business.  The guy can play football.

Heismann Great NFL Player

If it did then Tebow wouldn't be a back up on one of the worst teams in the league right now.

Your correct a Heisman doesn't equal a great NFL player, just like

having one bad game doesn't mean he's not going to be a great football

player!

brandon Spikes is playin pretty well for a guy with a slow 40

I don't think Teo will be on Spikes level. Spikes isn't too strong against the pass either, which is the same

area in which I think Teo will struggle with on top of other issues.

It does when it's against the closest thing you'll get to an NFL team in college.

dude everyone has a bad game, nobody is perfect, it's a team game and the whole team played poorly. By your logic we should have benched Luck after he sucked butt playing the jets.

dude everyone has a bad game, nobody is perfect, it's a team game and the whole team played poorly. By your logic we should have benched Luck after he sucked butt playing the jets.

That's a terrible analogy. For one, Luck plays NFL teams every week. Te'o played terribly against the only real competetion he faced all year.

I'd take Conner, Angerer, and Freeman over Te'o a thousand times. They are all extremely underrated football players and with a decent Dline and Corners around them, there is no reason they couldn't form a dominant defense.

I don't care if he's gay, he is overrated in terms of ability. I watched every ND game this year. His picks were mostly the result of the ball being thrown right at him, or because of deflections. The dude had a lot of good players around him, and he still never really stood out to me. He's a Mike Linebacker, of course he's going to make a lot of tackles. He's slow coming downhill, he's even slower going sideline to sideline, and forget about him covering a TE down the seam.

Jarvis Jones did nothing against Bama as far as I know. Where's all the hate for how he will be a bust and everything else.

I have no idea, Im not one that started this bust talk about Teo, I dont think he will be a bust and certainly not Jones

He played terribly in the biggest game of his life against lineman and running backs that will be picked high in the draft. I never saw so many missed arm tackles. I mean for a guy who had only missed 2 tackles all year, he missed tons that game.

Yep and do ya know how many ILB's missed tackles against so called lesser competition while Teo still rung up triple digits in tackles that year and double digit in tackles in that game? Im beginning to think your just picking on him to be pickin, Its really ridiculous

Yep and do ya know how many ILB's missed tackles against so called lesser competition while Teo still rung up triple digits in tackles that year and double digit in tackles in that game? Im beginning to think your just picking on him to be pickin, Its really ridiculous

Did I say that he was not going to be drafted or that he would bust? No, I just said that he's slow and can't make tackles when faced with NFL level competetion. He's not worth a first round pick at all. I don't understand what's "ridiculous" about some legitimate criticism. When the guy come into the league he's going to be going against Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, ect..... And seeing as how poorly he played against Eddie Lacy and co., there's huge reason for concern.

And for the record tackle numbers are an absolutely terrible way to judge linebacker play.