Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My personal thinking

Tyler Shaw

This is what i think the colts should do.

FA get two guards.

Vasquez and Levitre/Foster/Thomas. Talking 8-9M for top and 5-7 for mid tier. so we will say 17 Mil tops

Need a pass rusher, I like Kruger and Spencer, but im hoping Grigs find a diamond somewhere.

In he Draft, 1st pick get CB if Rhodes/trufant, maybe banks is available.

3rd i would love a Safety, Zibs is horrid i would rather play Joe. And Bethea, idk hes serviceable but he seems to be missing something. Shamarko Thomas is a guy coming to mind or Rambo

4-6-7, Draft DL Depth and if there is a gem, go for it. I wouldnt mind Tyrann but i dont think he will get out of the 3rd, and i wouldnt use my 3rd on him

Final Word. Line would be AC-Vas-Shipley-Pluginname-Justice. A very good line, i would say top 10

We get a rusher and get pressure on the QB will adding a cover corner with Davis, I also think Jerry Hughes might be serviceable if given some time. Hes not really had a chance. And hoping Chapman can come in and be the man he was in college while playing on the torn ACL

Upgrade Safety with Bethea, Davis and Rhodes. 

Thoughts or Better ideals ?

Unless we have an impressive CB signing in FA, Rhodes is undoubtedly the pick.

I'm also a fan of picking up Shamarko Thomas in a later round. He brings that physicality in the secondary, and (I think) is the 2nd coming of Bob Sanders (hopefully without the injury concerns). I can guarantee you he wouldn't get caught in open space like a deer in headlights like Zibs.

This is according to draft grades and need (In other words who could be available before the new grades come out on NFL.com and also need) not necessarily how I think it will play out

1.Xavier Rhodes

3.Brandon Jenkins

4.Joe Kruger

6.Alvin Bailey

7.Alec Lemon

FA

1.Landry or Williams

2.Vasquez

3.Sebastian Vollmer

This is according to draft grades and need (In other words who could be available before the new grades come out on NFL.com and also need) not necessarily how I think it will play out

1.Xavier Rhodes

3.Brandon Jenkins

4.Joe Kruger

6.Alvin Bailey

7.Alec Lemon

FA

1.Landry or Williams

2.Vasquez

3.Sebastian Vollmer

There was a acticle that said vollmer isn't get away and is getting franchised so thats doubtful. Don't like Landry much but I would take Williams

Rhodes was super impressive today. I have been high on Okafor if he falls to us, but I think at this point Rhodes is too good to pass up of he falls

Rhodes - absolutely.

Okafor - No way! I think fans have this guy completely over rated. Mayock said he's a late 2nd to 3rd rd. guy. Somebody may reach for him, but it will be a huge mistake.

Unless we have an impressive CB signing in FA, Rhodes is undoubtedly the pick.

I'm also a fan of picking up Shamarko Thomas in a later round. He brings that physicality in the secondary, and (I think) is the 2nd coming of Bob Sanders (hopefully without the injury concerns). I can guarantee you he wouldn't get caught in open space like a deer in headlights like Zibs.

I think we'd all take the second coming of Bob Sanders without health issues

This is what i think the colts should do.

FA get two guards.

Vasquez and Levitre/Foster/Thomas. Talking 8-9M for top and 5-7 for mid tier. so we will say 17 Mil tops

Need a pass rusher, I like Kruger and Spencer, but im hoping Grigs find a diamond somewhere.

In he Draft, 1st pick get CB if Rhodes/trufant, maybe banks is available.

3rd i would love a Safety, Zibs is horrid i would rather play Joe. And Bethea, idk hes serviceable but he seems to be missing something. Shamarko Thomas is a guy coming to mind or Rambo

4-6-7, Draft DL Depth and if there is a gem, go for it. I wouldnt mind Tyrann but i dont think he will get out of the 3rd, and i wouldnt use my 3rd on him

Final Word. Line would be AC-Vas-Shipley-Pluginname-Justice. A very good line, i would say top 10

We get a rusher and get pressure on the QB will adding a cover corner with Davis, I also think Jerry Hughes might be serviceable if given some time. Hes not really had a chance. And hoping Chapman can come in and be the man he was in college while playing on the torn ACL

Upgrade Safety with Bethea, Davis and Rhodes. 

Thoughts or Better ideals ?

I think it all sounds great with one exception...I'd also like to try to find an upgrade at RT.  Justice is great for depth but wasn't all that impressed with him as a starter.  Plus there are health concerns.  Otherwise I'm on board :)

I think it all sounds great with one exception...I'd also like to try to find an upgrade at RT.  Justice is great for depth but wasn't all that impressed with him as a starter.  Plus there are health concerns.  Otherwise I'm on board :)

I think I have to join the 'replace Winston Justice Club."

Darn it Tyler I like Winston too!  I think there are two things here:

• Concussions:  2 this year....and knee...just oft injured all year.
  • His best asset is pass protection:  While we need #12 upright, we will see a more power running attack.  We can count on our fingers how many positive runs we had to the right.

To the draft, if Rhodes is not there at 24 I go BPA between DE/OLB or a surprise OL to fall...

I am a huge Shipley fan, and would love to see Grigs trade Satele and his 3 year deal.

I despise Mathieu.....he had his chance....too many good citizens to take instead of him....

FA:  Love Vasquez as I have said since Day 1.  Look for another middle level OL for right guard, someone who is young and injury free (just a gut)  I still think we may sign a mid-level WR...a Barden/Hartline $$$$ instead of a Jennings, Wallace and Bowe check.  :) 

Lastly, whether FA or draft, we need someone to bring the heat from the right side....Hughes is much better on the Mathis side/role....Hughes will play, but we CAN do better on the right!!!

Justice ranked in the middle for tackles. And imo both guards need upgraded more then rt. I think he would be serviceable with a better guard next to him and next year upgrade rt in draft

I agree. I'm certainly not opposed to an upgrade for Justice, but many fans get a preconceived notion in their head and they just won't let it go, even in the light of direct facts staring them in the face. We are all probably guilty of it with some players, but some are much worse than others. Guard play was without doubt the biggest problem on the O-line last season and I don't think many realize or want to believe how much that can have an effect on the other positions on the line. The O-line is a unit that needs to operate as a core group, and even 1 really weak link can throw off the chemistry of the rest of that unit. Let alone 2.

Darn it Tyler I like Winston too! I think there are two things here:

• Concussions: 2 this year....and knee...just oft injured all year.
  • His best asset is pass protection: While we need #12 upright, we will see a more power running attack. We can count on our fingers how many positive runs we had to the right.
To the draft, if Rhodes is not there at 24 I go BPA between DE/OLB or a surprise OL to fall...

I am a huge Shipley fan, and would love to see Grigs trade Satele and his 3 year deal.

I despise Mathieu.....he had his chance....too many good citizens to take instead of him....

FA: Love Vasquez as I have said since Day 1. Look for another middle level OL for right guard, someone who is young and injury free (just a gut) I still think we may sign a mid-level WR...a Barden/Hartline $$$$ instead of a Jennings, Wallace and Bowe check. :)

Lastly, whether FA or draft, we need someone to bring the heat from the right side....Hughes is much better on the Mathis side/role....Hughes will play, but we CAN do better on the right!!!

I don't like tyrann but he is a playmaker and would make a great nickel guy imo and we need playmakers on defenses...what 14 takeaways in 24 games I think is unacceptable. And I agree with the BPA and a mid level wideout. But not need if you can line up fleener or Allen at wr. They got enough speed.

I don't like tyrann but he is a playmaker and would make a great nickel guy imo and we need playmakers on defenses...what 14 takeaways in 24 games I think is unacceptable. And I agree with the BPA and a mid level wideout. But not need if you can line up fleener or Allen at wr. They got enough speed.

Tyrann is an athlete, but not a Colt....I might get shot for saying this, but I would rather re-sign Powers if healthy as nickel and replace him/let him go if not healthy (If not go with Butler....cut Vaughn now :))

Fleener can split...I will keep Allen in....

I know we will bring in some competition at WR.....I want Brazill to be given every opportunity in this new offense....catch and run...Brazill CAN run....but gotta catch it first.   :pass:  :huthut:

Darn it Tyler I like Winston too!  I think there are two things here:

• Concussions:  2 this year....and knee...just oft injured all year.
  • His best asset is pass protection:  While we need #12 upright, we will see a more power running attack.  We can count on our fingers how many positive runs we had to the right.

FA:  Love Vasquez as I have said since Day 1.  Look for another middle level OL for right guard, someone who is young and injury free (just a gut)  I still think we may sign a mid-level WR...a Barden/Hartline $$$$ instead of a Jennings, Wallace and Bowe check.   :)

Lol Satele has to go Brother ,was just addressing that issue with our other Brother SW the other day,not only can he not run block ,he telegraphs snaps on passing plays,and in no way is he durable 

Lol Satele has to go Brother ,was just addressing that issue with our other Brother SW the other day,not only can he not run block ,he telegraphs snaps on passing plays,and in no way is he durable 

My sentiments exactly.  Grigson really likes him.  I think he should admit one of the few mistakes and move on....If no trade I would release him...the hit is 1.7 or 1.8 I believe.

There are some centers coming out that will go undrafted that are worth a good look as backup.  I think I counted 7 or 8 that had actually played guard and some right tackle...you know I like my versatile Offensive Linemen.

My sentiments exactly.  Grigson really likes him.  I think he should admit one of the few mistakes and move on....If no trade I would release him...the hit is 1.7 or 1.8 I believe.

There are some centers coming out that will go undrafted that are worth a good look as backup.  I think I counted 7 or 8 that had actually played guard and some right tackle...you know I like my versatile Offensive Linemen.

Im with you Brother IMO on OL your better with people who can play more than one position,but are special at at least one of them,we both see the game with in the game and see our weaknesses,and we are good at most of the so called skill positions, :spit:  I say that tounge in cheek,because you as well as myself realize they are all skilled positions even special teams

Also think Shipley is more than adequit  in the position if you get help on each side of him

The best run blocking of the year occurred with Shipley at center and Link at LG.  I know there is a lot of hate for Link, but he played his best between AC and AQ......plain and simple!

Im with you Brother IMO on OL your better with people who can play more than one position,but are special at at least one of them,we both see the game with in the game and see our weaknesses,and we are good at most of the so called skill positions, :spit:  I say that tounge in cheek,because you as well as myself realize they are all skilled positions even special teams

That is why I rant and rant on the 3 phases of the game!!!!

The Jerrell Freeman's and Justin Hickman's initially made this team with all out effort.  Showing in practice that you are willing to do whatever it takes gets you on Pagano's TEAM!!!  Will we see the likes of Jake Killeen and Jeremy Kelley be this year's players who put on the pads and show some special teams love?  The job is won in practice!!  Put the pads on boys!!! :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

My wish list is 2 OL people FA ,Kruger or Spencer,draft or fa ,LEANING TOWARD DRAFT,there are 2 or 3 safeties of the hard hitting type,that have decent cover skills as well,we need a taller cover corner to go opposite Davis ,And there are plenty of decent OL people in the draft,and some  Decent  DEs as well from what i see its a deep draft

My wish list is 2 OL people FA ,Kruger or Spencer,draft or fa ,LEANING TOWARD DRAFT,there are 2 or 3 safeties of the hard hitting type,that have decent cover skills as well,we need a taller cover corner to go opposite Davis ,And there are plenty of decent OL people in the draft,and some  Decent  DEs as well from what i see its a deep draft

Simply stated....I wish we had more picks.....and it looks like 0 or one supplemental....0 more than likely.

Simply stated....I wish we had more picks.....and it looks like 0 or one supplemental....0 more than likely.

The good thing is there will be talent asUDFA if scouting is done right we go get them,look at some  great players weve got in the past that were passed over

The good thing is there will be talent asUDFA if scouting is done right we go get them,look at some  great players weve got in the past that were passed over

I think some gems in the OL......will go undrafted.  Grigs specialty.........go get the unknowns Grigs!!  :thmup:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

Lol might be getting carried away but they are very important

Yeah...gotta protect those roster spots  :spit:

What I don't want is to be in a position like last year where we were out of OL-men in a game.....next up was Saunders or Allen...I totally get where you are coming from!!!

I don't think were gonna go cb 1st round with so many good free agent cb's available. When Justin Smith got injured 49ers pass and run defense fell apart. We need a guy who can wreak havoc in the trenches.

1. Sheldon Richardson DT/DE or Jonathan Hankins DT/DE

3. Bacarri Rambo SS

4.Jamie Collins OLB

5. Oday Aboushi OG

6. Joseph Randle RB

7. Vance Mcdonald TE

FA

1.Louis Vasquez OG

2. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB

3.Gosder Cherilus RT