Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McAfee at the Combine

21isSuperman

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000144250/Colts-McAfee-NFL-catfish-percentage-very-high

A pretty funny and interesting video of McAfee talking with a couple of the NFL Network guys at the Combine.

That kid is going to make way more money as a media guy than he'll make as a punter. He's so natural and real in front of the camera, and has a great sense of humor.

"Big hairy guy!" Hilarious!

I don't get this whole hooking up online craze anyway. "A catfish is someone who pretends to be someone they're not using Facebook or other social media to create false identities, particularly to pursue deceptive online romances." And if you get punked why refer to it as a catfish? Why not a porcupine or jellyfish with harmful spikes or poisonous tentacles that makes more sense from an embarrassment perspective IMO.

I guess it depends on whether an athlete wants a real relationship with someone or strictly straight "intimate relations" I guess. 

Porcupine-11.jpg

electric_jellyfish-normal.jpg

Southwest1, I know you're joking but if you really want to know why they call it "catfishing" - it has to do with transporting Cod. When they just put them in a tank by themselves they get kind of dull and lose their taste. So they put catfish in the tank with them to keep them moving.

I guess they mean that people who catfish keep you moving, and if you're not alert they'll take advantage of you.

That's my understanding anyway. It's kind of sad that people think that's fun.

I also wonder what's the ratio of women that catfish as opposed to men? What sort of deranged satisfaction does a person get by intentionally deceiving someone anyway? Any temporary high a person might get from a sick joke like this would be very shortlived in nature & proceed with self loathing, a deep feeling of melancholy & a diminished sense of self esteem. There is no real tangible gain here not money, not fame, not prestige. I just don't get it myself. 

Southwest1, I know you're joking but if you really want to know why they call it "catfishing" - it has to do with transporting Cod. When they just put them in a tank by themselves they get kind of dull and lose their taste. So they put catfish in the tank with them to keep them moving.

I guess they mean that people who catfish keep you moving, and if you're not alert they'll take advantage of you.

That's my understanding anyway. It's kind of sad that people think that's fun.

Thanks for the explanation Smonroe. I appreciate it. Other than humiliating a person by mocking them all over Facebook & all other forms of social media on the Internet, what's the primary motive here? You don't go to jail & there is no legitimate fear of obtaining an STD. I guess I just have more efficient & safer ways of wasting my time I guess.  haha

Thanks for the explanation Smonroe. I appreciate it. Other than humiliating a person by mocking them all over Facebook & all other forms of social media on the Internet, what's the primary motive here? You don't go to jail & there is no legitimate fear of obtaining an STD. I guess I just have more efficient & safer ways of wasting my time I guess.  haha

Yeah, the only explanation I can give is that some people are just plain *s. Like those hackers who enjoy writing viruses, I guess it gives them a sense of power.

If Mante is available when it's our turn I'd be more concerned with how Bama handled him than that catfisher.

Yeah, the only explanation I can give is that some people are just plain *s. Like those hackers who enjoy writing viruses, I guess it gives them a sense of power.

If Mante is available when it's our turn I'd be more concerned with how Bama handled him than that catfisher.

Yup his rookie hazing is gonna be something special.  :lol: Although, he won't think so...

Pat is hillarious, the guy is just just a natural in front of the camera, I predict that someday after his playing career is over he will have his own talk show on the tube! And btw will Grigson pls hurry up and sign him, whats he waiting for he's only a punter they don't make that much money, and this year I'm pretty sure we can afford whatever Pat is asking for!