Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN Radio

MikeVander

I like using ESPN radio, but at the moment there don't seem to be much in the way of NFL being talked about. It's mostly basketball which I don't really care about. I know that's going to change, but I'd like to get my NFL fix right now. Does anyone know of radio stations that are specific to discussing the NFL ? And/or does anyone know if there is an Indianapolis specific radio station that can be found using ESPN radio? 

I like using ESPN radio, but at the moment there don't seem to be much in the way of NFL being talked about. It's mostly basketball which I don't really care about. I know that's going to change, but I'd like to get my NFL fix right now. Does anyone know of radio stations that are specific to discussing the NFL ? And/or does anyone know if there is an Indianapolis specific radio station that can be found using ESPN radio? 

SiriusXM has NFL Radio...its not Indy-specific but at least its football 24/7.

http://www.siriusxm.com/nfl

I know what you mean about ESPN radio. It seems like ESPN/LA talks about absolutely nothing but the Lakers, and to a lesser extent the Clippers. Great if you like basketball...and I do....but not that much. And I can't stand the Lakers.

I know you specifically mentioned ESPN radio ... but if you really want a lot of good NFL content than the NFL channel on SiriusXM is great; plus you get ESPN, ESPN Xtra, and several other sports channels.  The only drawback is that it is like $15 per month, they also have an online option for computer & mobile phone.

SiriusXM has NFL Radio...its not Indy-specific but at least its football 24/7.

http://www.siriusxm.com/nfl

I know what you mean about ESPN radio. It seems like ESPN/LA talks about absolutely nothing but the Lakers, and to a lesser extent the Clippers. Great if you like basketball...and I do....but not that much. And I can't stand the Lakers.

Beat me to it ... We must have been writing at same time .. lol

It really is the best option for NFL news on the go though.

Supposedly ESPN has a rule that you have to work "something" football related into every segment.  I am not kidding either that's supposed to be are real rule.  With that said, that be something as small as a tease.  Frankly it's basketball season so I am not shocked they are going heavy on basketball right now, especially at the local level, two highly rated college teams plus schools like Indiana State, Valpo, and Notre Dame making noise and the Pacers being good.  However, if you get NBC radio every night Amani Toomer has a sports show and he talks football a lot.  In Indianapolis they are on WNDE from like 10 PM to 1 AM I think. 

Supposedly ESPN has a rule that you have to work "something" football related into every segment. I am not kidding either that's supposed to be are real rule. With that said, that be something as small as a tease. Frankly it's basketball season so I am not shocked they are going heavy on basketball right now, especially at the local level, two highly rated college teams plus schools like Indiana State, Valpo, and Notre Dame making noise and the Pacers being good. However, if you get NBC radio every night Amani Toomer has a sports show and he talks football a lot. In Indianapolis they are on WNDE from like 10 PM to 1 AM I think.

Yeah local sports radio has been pretty much all IU/Pacers talk. Both teams are absolutely lighting it up big time!

Supposedly ESPN has a rule that you have to work "something" football related into every segment.  I am not kidding either that's supposed to be are real rule.  With that said, that be something as small as a tease.  Frankly it's basketball season so I am not shocked they are going heavy on basketball right now, especially at the local level, two highly rated college teams plus schools like Indiana State, Valpo, and Notre Dame making noise and the Pacers being good.  However, if you get NBC radio every night Amani Toomer has a sports show and he talks football a lot.  In Indianapolis they are on WNDE from like 10 PM to 1 AM I think.

That's what I heard GoC....They made a pointed effort to talk football..and never talk hockey

Its hard right now...because basketball is such a big deal...I dont think much of basketball talk until the playoffs..but its basketball time now.....

There's just not a lot to say about the NFL right now..The combine is not something you can discuss in length because nobody knows where anybody's going....Even the NFL Net struggles right now...

You've got down time now until the trade window March 12 and the draft