Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coltsguy510's Post Draft Bowls Multiple Scenario Mock/FA

In this FA/Mock, I will be making two scenarios. In the first scenario, it will be a normal draft with no trades. In the second, we will have traded our first for a second, third, and fifth round pick. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Scenario 1:

FA:

OG Louis Vasquez: Vasquez is tailor-made for the man blocking scheme. He is a mauler and will help solve our problems in the interior offensive line.

SS Dashon Gholdson: Gholdson is a hard hitting safety and will remind us of the good old days with Bobby. He will be a huge upgrade over Zbi and make one of our weakest points even stronger.

DT/DE Desmond Bryant: Bryant has made great strides this year as a player. He will not be asking for very much money and will be well worth being signed.

CB DRC: DRC has all the tools to become a top 5 corner in this league and Pagano has shown he can help realize that potential. If he isn't asking for a ridiculous amount, I say we snatch him up.

Draft:

1. OT Lane Johnson: Johnson has a great frame and at 300 pounds, he can easily add on 20 more.. He is an amazing athlete, being a QB turned LT. He showed that he is comfortable on the right side of the line, so he should make a smooth transition.

3. OG Larry Warford: Warford is a mountain of a man. He is a powerful road grader and strong at the point of attack. I know people will say he should go earlier, but I have still seen him projected as a third round pick. Positional value alone should make him fall.

4. Stephan Taylor: Taylor does everything good. He is a great pass blocker and receiver, which aren't Ballard's strong suits. He should replace Brown and give us a very nice 1-2 punch at RB.

5. CB Tyrann Mathieu: I know Mathieu isn't the biggest, smartest, or fastest guys, but he's a play maker. He would be an awesome fit at the nickel position and can be placed all over the field. He would be a great value at this place in the draft and I believe the Colts can be just the organization to straighten him out.

Scenario 2:

OG Louis Vaquez: (See Above)

RT Andre Smith: Smith is a vastly underrated player. Over the past few years, he has become one of the top RT's in the game. He will make us one step closer to an elite O-Line.

DT/DE Desmond Bryant: (See Above)

Draft:

2. CB Desmond Trufant: Trufant has been shooting up the draft boards since the senior bowl. He is a long aggressive corner with swagger. With him opposite Davis we should be set for years at the corner position.

3. NT/DE Brandon Williams: In my opinion, if Williams had played at Alabama he would be a top ten pick. He is a mountain of a man at 345 pounds, but carries the weight as well as you can. He moves much quicker than his size suggests and can take on double teams. He actually is quick enough to slide to DE.

3. OLB Brandon Jenkins: Jenkins has top ten talent, but he had a major injury at the beginning of the year, which will cause him to fall. If he recovers nicely and plays to his full potential, this would be the pick of the draft.

4. SS Jonathan Cyprien: Cyprien is a player that loves to hit. He showed out at the Senior Bowl and showed how good he can be. He is an enforcer and is also a very good cover man. I would say he has first round talent but, like Williams, he is a small school guy.

5. CB Tyrann Mathieu: (See Above)

5. RB Marcus Latimore: The #1 running back in the draft, but has suffered two horrific knee injuries. He would be worth the risk here and if he pans out, has the potential to be a top ten back in this league.

6. OG Travis Bond: Bond is a huge player and fits our scheme. He could challenge for a starting spot.

Thank you again for reading this guys. I hope you like it.

Scenario 1-

Bryant pick I like but I would also look at Alan Branch

Since I'd draft Jenkins in the 3rd I'd take Warford in the 1st at this stage

I like Stephan Taylor but not enough to draft him, if we are thinking on giving up on Brown(Im not yet) like it sounds like you are then I'd draft another player with his skill set Kenjon Barner at the bottom of the 4th (for the record I just went with your rb idea, I wouldn't draft a rb)

Mathieu, nice playmaker, hard hitter at Safety, cant cover well at Corner combine that with his off field issues and I wouldn't touch him, I'd take Ryan Swope or Aaron Mellete or Montori Hughes

6th I'd draft Brandan Bishop

7th-Joe Vellano 

One small adjustment to your drafts, which I love and would be happy with both scenarios, but we do not have a 5th round pick.

This is a close one, but I'm gonna have to give the nod to scenario 2.  That looks more like my kind of draft, fills all our needs and sets up the defense well for years.  After the senior bowl I've gone back and watched several games from Trufant and I've gotta say he's now my favorite corner in the draft.

I'm in agreement with you on Williams, his 27 career sacks at the DT position is unreal.  Mathieu I believe has turned a corner and if he's available in the 5th round I think we have to take him, like you said the perfect nickel coner.  As far as Bond goes I've been on board with him as a late round selection since my first mock draft, I think he has plenty of potential and really could do no harm as a late round pick.  Ever since Cyprien has burst onto the scene at the senior bowl I have been paying very close attention to him, I love the way he likes to hit and is more than willing to come into the box and help out.

Overall my favorite 2 picks have to be Trufant and Cyprien, but I love the draft from top to bottom.

One small adjustment to your drafts, which I love and would be happy with both scenarios, but we do not have a 5th round pick.

This is a close one, but I'm gonna have to give the nod to scenario 2.  That looks more like my kind of draft, fills all our needs and sets up the defense well for years.  After the senior bowl I've gone back and watched several games from Trufant and I've gotta say he's now my favorite corner in the draft.

I'm in agreement with you on Williams, his 27 career sacks at the DT position is unreal.  Mathieu I believe has turned a corner and if he's available in the 5th round I think we have to take him, like you said the perfect nickel coner.  As far as Bond goes I've been on board with him as a late round selection since my first mock draft, I think he has plenty of potential and really could do no harm as a late round pick.  Ever since Cyprien has burst onto the scene at the senior bowl I have been paying very close attention to him, I love the way he likes to hit and is more than willing to come into the box and help out.

Overall my favorite 2 picks have to be Trufant and Cyprien, but I love the draft from top to bottom.

As to the fifth round pick, I was projecting a comp. sorry for not mentioning that.

Scenario #2 - You have us trading our 1st and 7th Rd picks for a 2nd, 3rd and two 5ths? I have to think there is no NFL team that would consider that trade. If i'm missing something like a projected comp pick or something like that, let me know. But look at this chart... there is no way our 1st round pick brings more than high 2nd and a low 3rd.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Scenario #2 - You have us trading our 1st and 7th Rd picks for a 2nd, 3rd and two 5ths? I have to think there is no NFL team that would consider that trade. If i'm missing something like a projected comp pick or something like that, let me know. But look at this chart... there is no way our 1st round pick brings more than high 2nd and a low 3rd.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

one fifth is a projected comp.

1.  Cooper (G), Patterson(WR), Johnson (RT), Allen (WR) or Williams (DT), Ansah (LB), Elam (SS), Reid (FS)

2.  NA

3. Warford or Watson (OL) or Minter, Thomas, Porter (LB)

4. DaRick Rogers or Harper (WR) or Kwame Geathers (NT) or Slay (CB)

5. Wagner or Bailey (OL) or Micah Hyde (CB)

6. Tanner Hawkinson (OL) or Honey Badger (CB) or Zeke Motta (S)

7.  Brad Wing (P)

Offense : Defense

FA: OL, CB, DL,

If we draft Ansah right away in the 1st and he dont produce as a 1st rounder should I'd be liable to blow a fuse, I wouldn't touch him, he did not hardly produce in college, Ill take a guy who has produced in college over a guy that has not any day no matter his potential

If we draft Ansah right away in the 1st and he dont produce as a 1st rounder should I'd be liable to blow a fuse, I wouldn't touch him, he did not hardly produce in college, Ill take a guy who has produced in college over a guy that has not any day no matter his potential

agreed... our pick there is too important to use on a project... Ansah might have a combine that blows everyone away, but I still wouldn't like the pick...

^^I agree ... while every draft pick is a gamble and possible bust, project players are even bigger gambles and although there is a potential for a bigger payoff we have too many needs right now for gambling on project players.  We need to stick with the safer "high floor" picks. 2 drafts from now (maybe even next year) we can be in a position to gamble on a high round project player ... but not this year.