Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Should Go After Teabow

swflacoltsfans

Tebow would help us get Luck, and Collins is doing a fine job at that so far.

For real though, only make a move at QB if it helps the team. Tebow isn't the right guy and I think its too late as it is.

Either Collins will succeed or we will tank.

Says it all right here.

Also, there are bigger problems on this team than QB. The blocking of the O-line and tackling of the defense are just a couple of things that need to be improved

Why don't we just sign and/or trade for every backup QB in the league. Yeah, that would solve the biggest issue on this team---the defense! We could just plug them in at every posistion and we would be instant super bowl contenders.[sarcasm off]

Seriously, all this get this QB or that QB has to stop. The problem is, once again, DEFENSE!!! Why is this concept so difficult to accept? It does not matter who you put in at QB if the o-line can't block and the defense can't stop the run or the pass. Does anybody actually believe that by just plugging in a different QB that these issues are not going to exist anymore? Not to mention the fact that any new QB would take weeks just to grasp a small part of the playbook that would just set the offense back even further than they are now.

I'd have to disagree with you on the statments about the defense. We forced turnovers that game. Our defense was on the field for most of that game because the offense couldn't get anything going until the 4th quarter. They int'ed Scaub's twice and a forced fumble during that game. They put the offense in a spot to score and the offense could get anything. Special teams gave up a touchdown as well. This game wasn't as bad as many people think. We just need to get something going on offense. But not surprised with a new quarterback under center learning a new system with no training camp.

Not sure why they just don't play Painter, without Manning this is far from a playoff team, why not play him and see if he can do it. If you have him as your backup he should go in when the starter goes down. If he fails then you know you need to upgrade your backup QB situation. Not sure what bringing in a 40 something qb actually does for you, at least give Painter some experience.

I am from Florida and know about Tim Tebow. It is all we read about for four years. This tread was meant as a joke including spelling his name TeaBow.

Amazing how up tight some people are about stupid threads.

What about the initial post gives any indication whatsoever that the thread was meant as a joke? If you don't want people to think you're being serious then you need to indicate this in some way, otherwise people WILL think you're being serious. You also replied to posts multiple times giving every indication you were serious so don't have a hissy because people didn't get that you were joking (which I'm not really buying into anyway...but I'm sure you don't care that I'm not buying it and I don't care that you don't care so...yeah, there ya go).

Having Tim Tebow try to run an offense tailored around Peyton Manning's skills would be like trying to have Wee Man operate a car with a driver's seat custom-built for Shaquille O'Neal.

That said, I'm a Pats fan, so... sign him up. lmao

Pats fan in a Colts forum o_0 .. Let me guess Mr. Kraft & Belichick signed you to come spygate right.. lol

I am from Florida and know about Tim Tebow. It is all we read about for four years. This tread was meant as a joke including spelling his name TeaBow.

Amazing how up tight some people are about stupid threads.

With all the dumb threads being made this week, there's simply no way to draw a line between the fake and the real...

If Tebow is available for cheap after this season then I'd be all for picking him up. We should cut Collins after the season, and Painter, and then Tebow could be our backup for Peyton over the next few years. Not saying he would be the answer as the heir apparent to Peyton, but a solid backup option with leadership ability. Then when Peyton retires, when can look to acquire our franchise QB of the future, whether it be through the draft or trade.

Why do you assume that he will be a solid backup? I will be surprised if he is even in the league in three years - at least not at quarterback. What is the point of dumping a proven backup (Collins) and a talented prospect (Painter) for someone who shot puts the ball down the field? I've seen better passing from Joseph Addaii.

Leaders are players whom the team believe will guide them towards success. I'm sure that Tebow is a nice (albeit preposterously annoying) kid, and he may do a fine job one day of leading a congregation, but what exactly does that have to do with winning football games?

With all the dumb threads being made this week, there's simply no way to draw a line between the fake and the real...

I was reading this thinking "maybe John should start his own thread then". Ten seconds later I'm learning all about line-dancing. haha

lol! I hope you were joking when you started this thread. Tebow is not a pro quarterback and has yet to prove that he's anything but a fan favorite. All he would do for the Colts is cost us draft picks. Tebow cannot run a pro offense and with the Colt's weak running game would be terrible on offense.

lol! I hope you were joking when you started this thread. Tebow is not a pro quarterback and has yet to prove that he's anything but a fan favorite. All he would do for the Colts is cost us draft picks. Tebow cannot run a pro offense and with the Colt's weak running game would be terrible on offense.

This literally divided the football community. Football fans come in 2 forms;

those that think Tebow can become a good pro QUARTERBACK and those that don't. I am apart of group #1. I think he will be a starter in the NFL and can become great one at that.

if u want to add a TE who can throw there may not be one as good as he is...

You may be right in that Tebow should be playing a position other than QB. He's taking a bashing now, but he is a very good FB player, if not an NFL QB. I would like to see him at fullback. He has the size to lead block and the power and vision to get a tough yard or two, plus maybe we could throw in a fullback pass here or there.

Why do you assume that he will be a solid backup? I will be surprised if he is even in the league in three years - at least not at quarterback. What is the point of dumping a proven backup (Collins) and a talented prospect (Painter) for someone who shot puts the ball down the field? I've seen better passing from Joseph Addaii.

Leaders are players whom the team believe will guide them towards success. I'm sure that Tebow is a nice (albeit preposterously annoying) kid, and he may do a fine job one day of leading a congregation, but what exactly does that have to do with winning football games?

I would agree with everything you said except the bolded italicized underlined part. That is a huge exageration.

Teabow is junk, if he was any good he would be starting.

I am a huge Colts fan living in Colorado.... I went to a couple games last yr in mile high when Tebow was the starter and have to say he did great. I don't know why the Broncos don't start him. I guess they don't want to give up on Orton yet. I don't think we should switch qb's every week, but, If we could get Tebow, I would be all for it. He can RUN very mobile and big... i have seen this guy put his head down and just run people over, maybe not the best move for a qb, but, he has that fight you want in a leader. He has a motor that does not stop, from what I have seen, he will be a great qb in this league if he keeps it up