Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Packers @ 49ers thread

GoColts8818

Bet I won't hear anything about Aaron Rodgers choking though....

He's scored 24 points and his defense has given up almost 600 yards of offense while giving up 45 points and counting and let a QB set the NFL single game record for rushing.  That's hard to put at the feet of the QB...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's scored 24 points and his defense has given up almost 600 yards of offense while giving up 45 points and counting and let a QB set the NFL single game record for rushing.  That's hard to put at the feet of the QB...

He's scored 17 points....take away that pick 6, they wouldn't be in the game at all after the 2nd quarter.

No he scored 17 points and threw a pick that resulted in a score. The offense scored 3 adjusted points.

He's scored 17 points....take away that pick 6, they wouldn't be in the game at all after the 2nd quarter.

Yeah it was a bad game by the pack in general, however they just straight got owned. It wasn't because the pack was making mistakes, it was just the 49ers dominating.

No he scored 17 points and threw a pick that resulted in a score. The offense scored 3 adjusted points.

The Packers have 24 points right now so yes his team has scored 24 points.  You don't adjust points you get credit for what's on the board.  Also I don't care who the QB is if your defense gives up 600 yards to another offense you aren't going to win. It's really hard to say the other teams QB choked when the other team has racked up that much yardage on your defense 

The Packers have 24 points right now so yes his team has scored 24 points.  You don't adjust points you get credit for what's on the board.  Also I don't care who the QB is if your defense gives up 600 yards to another offense you aren't going to win. 

If everyone does it for Peyton why can't I do it for Rodgers? Is he immune to criticism?

If everyone does it for Peyton why can't I do it for Rodgers? Is he immune to criticism?

Not everyone does it to Peyton.  There are people out there tonight pointing out Manning himself didn't just lose that game.  I my self pointed that one out.  No one said Rodgers is above criticism but to blame him for a loss when his defense has given up 600 yards of offense to the other team really? 

Not everyone does it to Peyton.  There are people out there tonight pointing out Manning himself didn't just lose that game.  I my self pointed that one out.  No one said Rodgers is above criticism but to blame him for a loss when his defense has given up 600 yards of offense to the other team really? 

I wasn't specifically talking about you when I posted. It was more for the people who want to say that Manning lost the game for the Broncos. I know it's not Rodger's fault but I feel the same way about the Bronco's game earlier.

I wasn't specifically talking about you when I posted. It was more for the people who want to say that Manning lost the game for the Broncos. I know it's not Rodger's fault but I feel the same way about the Bronco's game earlier.

You said everyone am I not apart of everyone?  Before you say you didn't mean everyone my main point is that it's not everyone and I just used myself as an example of it.  There are enough threads to rehash the Broncos games go fight that war there rather than trying to fight it here when no one is even talking about it here.  The idea of this thread was to talk about something other than that game. 

The Packers have 24 points right now so yes his team has scored 24 points.  You don't adjust points you get credit for what's on the board.  Also I don't care who the QB is if your defense gives up 600 yards to another offense you aren't going to win. It's really hard to say the other teams QB choked when the other team has racked up that much yardage on your defense 

I feel bad for Rodgers, his team is headed in the same direction our Colts went last decade. They're going to give a ton of money to Raji and Mathews. Most of their salary cap will go to a handful of players, while scrubs fill the rest of the positions. I see a lot more one and dones in Rodger's future. A shame too, because Rodgers has the talent to be the best ever

You said everyone am I not apart of everyone?  There are enough threads to rehash the Broncos games go fight that war there rather than trying to fight it here when no one is even talking about it here.  The idea of this thread was to talk about something other than that game. 

I didn't bring up Peyton in my original post though I was talking about Rodgers. Peyton only got brought up when I expanded upon my comment.

I feel bad for Rodgers, his team is headed in the same direction our Colts went last decade. They're going to give a ton of money to Raji and Mathews. Most of their salary cap will go to a handful of players, while scrubs fill the rest of the positions. I see a lot more one and dones in Rodger's future. A shame too, because Rodgershas the talent to be the best ever

Yep. Maybe there is some strange reason I am drawn to the Pack on the side. It's like the old Colts.

But, no worries. Indy's monster is gonna take over the league in the next few years!!!

Luck vs. Jim Harbaugh needs to happen in a future SB!!!!

Brady is the only "elite" QB left.

But Flacco and Kaep don't look too shabby either........heh. heh.

Ryan is a bit underrated IMO but till he proves he can win in the playoffs he'll never enter the elite conversation.  Once again defense wins championships is being proven true though although having an offense that can put up points doesn't hurt. 

I didn't bring up Peyton in my original post though I was talking about Rodgers. Peyton only got brought up when I expanded upon my comment.

Please anyone who read your post about saying I bet I wont have to hear about Rodgers choking again can clearly tell what you were getting at. 

Please anyone who read your post about saying I bet I wont have to hear about Rodgers choking again can clearly tell what you were getting at. 

So? Who cares what I was getting at. Is my post any less valid because of it? Actually don't answer that I don't really want to talk about it anyway. I've had enough of that today.

Ryan is a bit underrated IMO but till he proves he can win in the playoffs he'll never enter the elite conversation.  Once again defense wins championships is being proven true though although having an offense that can put up points doesn't hurt. 

Joe Flacco is underrated right now. He's feeling it this postseason........

So? Who cares what I was getting at. Is my post any less valid because of it? Actually don't answer that I don't really want to talk about it anyway. I've had enough of that today.

Yes it is less valid because Rodgers didn't choke today.  He has now lead the Packers to 24 points on offense in a game they scored 31 overall.  That SHOULD be enough to win a playoff game.  If you don't it's not the QB's fault.  When you look at see the defense gave up almost 600 yards of defense and 45 points it's clear it wasn't the QBs fault and it becomes really hard to say with a straight face that he choked. 

Joe Flacco is underrated right now. He's feeling it this postseason........

Yep I've always thought him and Ryan were a step below the great QBs in the NFL but needed to do more in the playoffs to prove they should be in that group.  This might be remembered as the year Flacco and Ryan joined that group. 

Yep I've always thought him and Ryan were a step below the great QBs in the NFL but needed to do more in the playoffs to prove they should be in that group.  This might be remembered as the year Flacco and Ryan joined that group. 

I always felt Flacco was often pretty decent in the playoffs. He outplayed Brady last year in Foxboro too.

Matt Ryan has not shown crap yet but I hope he does.

I don't know if Ryan can overcome the curse of Tony Gonzalez.. I have a gut feeling Gonzalez will retire this season without a single post season win

Brady is the only "elite" QB left.

But Flacco and Kaep don't look too shabby either........heh. heh.

You're downgrading Rodgers and Manning based on one decent and one good, respectively, performance? If Brady lays an egg tomorrow are there no more elite QBs left in the league?

You're downgrading Rodgers and Manning based on one decent and one good, respectively, performance? If Brady lays an egg tomorrow are there no more elite QBs left in the league?

Uh I meant who is left playing........

People are touchy.