Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Newest mock/FA

Oh...  no..   plenty of hybrid OLB'rs in the draft.   In fact it may be the deepest position.   That and DT

And Ansah IMO is more of a 43 DE than an OLB.    JMO

But a lot of talk of the Colts going after P Kruger so he may be our "impact" OLB?

what if he's the home run, the only other 3-4 OLB would be Sam Montgomery from LSU and he should be gone before then

Here's what mine would look like:

Trade 1st round pick and and pick up 2 second rounders

1st Round: N/A

2nd Round: Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia

2nd Round: Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford  OR    a CB (whichever one of these 4 is available: Xavier Rhodes, David Amerson, Jordan Poyer, or Logan Ryan)

3rd Round (deal 6th rounder, and trade up): Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt

4th Round: Travis Long, OLB, Washington St. (unlikely)   OR    Brandan Bishop, S, NC St.

7th Round: Braden Wilson, FB, Kansas St.

1.Chance Warmack or Barrett Jones(I see GB snatchiing Jones up) or Alex Okafor

3.Brandon Jenkins, Travis Frederick, Ricky Wagner

4.Brandan Bishop, Joe Vellano, Margus Hunt 

6.Brandan Bishop (Comp)

7.Dan Buckner (Comp)

Underlined players are my first choice

FA pickups also underlined my first choice

1.Brent Grimes or Tracey Porter

2.Arthur Jones or Paul Kruger

3.Charlie Peprah or Laron Landry

4.Louis Vasquez or William Beatty

Cary Williams is not good people. Interceptions mean very little. He is burned constantly.

I like the rest. Swap Williams with DRC or Shields and we're good.

I like Levitre just not sure he fits a man power scheme...same with Dorsey...and yes I know he has has been playing 34 in KC

how Cary Williams is a #2 cb not a 1

Bowe would be a deadly target with wayne and Hilton

Dorsey would be at Right end in case fili isn't resigned

Levitre would be a solid blocker at Guard

Who would you want

I said up above why I don't like it. Williams would be ok even though he supposedly had a terrible year.

F/A

wes welker.(move hilton up to 2) not conserned justd be nice

brent grimes.(so we have a cb to line up with davis and butler/powers for nickle) cherry on top

anthoney spencer(if hits f/a) or kruger either would be nice  2nd so draft wouldnt have to be all defense and we can go for more in the draft with our limited picks

idonije or melton for -would want either same as above

long and levitre(top priorites) move costanzo over to rt where he played in college

draft 

1st jordan (if he doesnt move up) if he does okafor would be nice but i would love to see indy take a chance on lattimore because our last dominant back was james. dont really see ballard being a back for big numbers.

3rd go for a&m olb if jordan isnt 1st pick.

4th move bathea over to ss to replace zib pick up tyrann mathieu and move hiim to fs where his skill set will employ the best and special teams is a plus as a dynamic return like patterson of the cards   or go oline here if fa doesnt fill any holes

F/A

brent grimes.(so we have a cb to line up with davis and butler/powers for nickle) cherry on top

anthoney spencer(if hits f/a) or kruger either would be nice 2nd so draft wouldnt have to be all defense and we can go for more in the draft with our limited picks

long and levitre(top priorites) move costanzo over to rt where he played in college

draft

1st jordan (if he doesnt move up) if he does okafor would be nice but i would love to see indy take a chance on lattimore because our last dominant back was james. dont really see ballard being a back for big numbers.

4th move bathea over to ss to replace zib pick up tyrann mathieu and move hiim to fs where his skill set will employ the best and special teams is a plus as a dynamic return like patterson of the cards or go oline here if fa doesnt fill any holes

Ballard had 800+ yards this year behind a bad oline and he didn't even start the season. He can be a big numbers back. We don't need running back.

Ballard had 800+ yards this year behind a bad oline and he didn't even start the season. He can be a big numbers back. We don't need running back.

true but lattimore best rb in college or was before the injury played in the sec just imagine that duo. kinda like what the vikings had in ap and chester taylor. ap runs em over wears em down and brought in taylor. just something id like to see. i didnt really check his stats so thanks for pointing that out. 

F/A

anthoney spencer(if hits f/a) or kruger either would be nice 2nd so draft wouldnt have to be all defense and we can go for more in the draft with our limited picks

draft

4th move bathea over to ss to replace zib pick up tyrann mathieu and move hiim to fs where his skill set will employ the best and special teams is a plus as a dynamic return like patterson of the cards or go oline here if fa doesnt fill any holes

I absolutely loved watching Lattimore play in college, but I don't know if I would spend a first rd pick on a guy with 2 surgically reconstructed knees that may not even be ready to play until the 2014 season

F/A

anthoney spencer(if hits f/a) or kruger either would be nice  2nd so draft wouldnt have to be all defense and we can go for more in the draft with our limited picks

draft 

4th move bathea over to ss to replace zib pick up tyrann mathieu and move hiim to fs where his skill set will employ the best and special teams is a plus as a dynamic return like patterson of the cards   or go oline here if fa doesnt fill any holes

Castonzo only played one yeat at RT and 3 at LT while at BC

Guys that I would like in free agency.

OG's -  Louis Vasquez, Andy Levitre,

OT's -  Jermon Bushrod. - Alternate - Phil Loadholt.

OLBer's - Anthony Spencer - Alternates - Paul Kruger/Conner Barwin

CB's - Mike Jenkins - Alternates - Brent Grimes/Cary Williams/Tracy Porter

SS's - Jairus Byrd - Alternates - Kenny Phillips/Dashon Goldson/Laron Landry.

I think its very possible to get all 3 of those O-lineman plus the other guys in some sort of combination rather easily with the money we have to spend. They have to spend 38 million at least in free agency this offseason with the new 89% of the cap CBA rule.

Guys that I would like in free agency.

OG's -  Louis Vasquez, Andy Levitre,

OT's -  Jermon Bushrod. - Alternate - Phil Loadholt.

OLBer's - Anthony Spencer - Alternates - Paul Kruger/Conner Barwin

CB's - Mike Jenkins - Alternates - Brent Grimes/Cary Williams/Tracy Porter

SS's - Jairus Byrd - Alternates - Kenny Phillips/Dashon Goldson/Laron Landry.

I think its very possible to get all 3 of those O-lineman plus the other guys in some sort of combination rather easily with the money we have to spend. They have to spend 38 million at least in free agency this offseason with the new 89% of the cap CBA rule.

Im going to change from Levitre to Kevin Booth. He may be a better fit for a man blocking scheme even though I'm sure Levitre could do alright.