Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many league were you in/Championships won this year?

MrNLM

I am only in one regular league, came in 4th out of 16 players, lost first round of the playoffs..

I however, also play a different type of fantasy football online..salary cap football..I played in 2 leagues, won my division in both, and ranked in the 96th percentile in one league, and 98th in another..You pick your roster from any player, as long as you stay under the starting cap..then, as the season goes, depending on the players salary going up or down, your team value increases, or decreases. I increased my roster throughout the season from 35 million to over 65 million in the one league..The only bad thing is that you only get a certain amount of trades per year, and you get one added to your total each week...I usually end up buying two sets of 12 trades, as injuries, and match-ups play a part in this as well.

Next year, I'm going to try to get a league formed here on the Forum...We have a lot of very knowledgeable football fans on this site, it would be interesting to see who comes out on top..

Congrats on your great season MrNLM...7 championships is awesome!

• 1 month later...

i only like doing one. doing mutiple leagues is stupid mostly because i like running my own league with my own rules. ive been playing for 6 years and ive missed the champion only once. ive won 3 championships. this year im very proud of because I was 3-5 and ran the table out to win the championship

I played in two, and will likely double that amount next season. lol. I barely missed the playoffs in one, and finished 3rd in the other. I'm quite proud of my roster moves in both leagues, but made a few key mistakes in the draft. I definitely want one of my leagues to be a QB heavy league again. I did that for the first time with some co-workers last year and it involves 2 qbs and a point per 10 yards. I wouldn't want to do every league like that, but it creates some interesting things to think about when drafting or making roster moves.

I played in two, and will likely double that amount next season. lol. I barely missed the playoffs in one, and finished 3rd in the other. I'm quite proud of my roster moves in both leagues, but made a few key mistakes in the draft. I definitely want one of my leagues to be a QB heavy league again. I did that for the first time with some co-workers last year and it involves 2 qbs and a point per 10 yards. I wouldn't want to do every league like that, but it creates some interesting things to think about when drafting or making roster moves.

I always felt that traditional leagues do such a disservice to QBs. If a QB gets a point only every 25 yards, the least they can do is give a QB 6 points for a TD, just like the RB or WR, not the 4 that is given to them. Maybe Andy can think of doing that, that will get more QBs drafted earlier. Everything else can stay the same.

• 2 months later...

I always felt that traditional leagues do such a disservice to QBs. If a QB gets a point only every 25 yards, the least they can do is give a QB 6 points for a TD, just like the RB or WR, not the 4 that is given to them. Maybe Andy can think of doing that, that will get more QBs drafted earlier. Everything else can stay the same.

My BIG money league the QB gets 6 TD, 1 20ydspassing, 1  10 yards rushing, and ZERO for INT's.

This is where Yahoo's default scoring is so butt backwards...       the QB should be rewarded .. NOT penalized.. 

Oh well that is why the scoring can be adjusted...

I REALLY need to cut back on some of my league play. Seems like everyone I know is starting a league or needs a new owner and they come knockin' on my door.

Lets do a run down and see which leagues I should give up and you all can hold me accountable when the season nears, k?

Leagues:

Colts.com - Staying to defend my championship

Work Dynasty - Might be looking at the ONLY league champ b/c owner missed the draft and wants to end the league.

Buddy's Work - Would be willing to give up my spot and retire as the champ.

Buddy's Family - Will be returning due to the fierce competition. Finished second to an undefeated team.

Friends - Would be willing to give up my spot due to lack of returning owners.

Work Double Slots - I am LM and I must continue the insanity of filling 16 starting positions every week!

Work Standard - I am LM and I must continue for those who don't want the insanity of 16 starting positions.

Church - Must continue to play with my church brothers. Ironically also my only pay league.

PSR PPR - Returning due to the fun and must defend my championship.

PSR NOTLP - Was the champion but I might not return due to poor league management.