Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I wish Ray Lewis would have announced his retirement AFTER the Colts game

ReMeDy

If we thought his speeches were awesome before, we aint seen nothing yet. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he gives what could be his final speech to his teammates. The Ravens will devote every fiber of heart and tenacity to see Ray go out on top, just like Indy played for Pagano. I'm convinced Ray timed this retirement so he had more ammo to use in his pre-game and halftime speeches.

For the Colts, this will be a scary team to play against.

If we thought his speeches were awesome before, we aint seen nothing yet. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he gives what could be his final speech to his teammates. The Ravens will devote every fiber of heart and tenacity to see Ray go out on top, just like Indy played for Pagano. I'm convinced Ray timed this retirement so he had more ammo to use in his pre-game and halftime speeches.

you and me both..I usually have the urge to run through a wall or do some pushups on broken glass after hearing his speeches..scary to think what guys like Terrel Suggs will feel like..

I don't fear this game at all. The Ravens have Ray Lewis. We have Chuck Pagano. That pretty much neutralizes the emotional intensity on both sides IMO. Can we just play ball now? Thanks. It's a lot of smoke & mirrors if you ask me. The Colts are still going to win.

I can't wait to hear his HOF speech.  It will be one of the most passionate and inspirational things I will hear.

That will be a fantastic HOF speech 21isSuperman.

Hey Deion Sanders, take notes on how a real Canton speech should be written & told because yours was simply pathetic IMO. Ironic really, when you consider "Prime Time" loves the sound of his own voice so darn much.

Can you tell I am not Deion's #1 fan? He was great on punt returns & he was a fantastic cornerback & baseball athlete, but I really dislike his NFL analysts skills overall.... :facepalm:  :sigh:

If he announced after losing the game next Sunday...and the Ravens WILL lose...it would tend to look like that game made his mind up for him.  This way he can use the announcement for team motivation and to remove all doubt that win or lose (lose) he is done with playing football.

That will be a fantastic HOF speech 21isSuperman.

Hey Deion Sanders, take notes on how a real Canton speech should be written & told because yours was simply pathetic IMO. Ironic really, when you consider "Prime Time" loves the sound of his own voice so darn much.

Can you tell I am not Deion's #1 fan? He was great on punt returns & he was a fantastic cornerback & baseball athlete, but I really dislike his NFL analysts skills overall.... :facepalm:  :sigh:

Ditto for Michael Irvin, the biggest Cowboys homer in the world.

Ditto for Michael Irvin, the biggest Cowboys homer in the world.

haha Yup, #88 should be quarantined from speaking about Dallas Cowboys football. He cannot be objective at all. They missed the Playoffs yet again & they haven't won a SB since 1995 & Irvin will say Tony Romo & company are going to win the VLT next season just wait. It's comical really. :funny: Sorry "Playmaker", but sometimes the truth hurts...

I don't fear this game at all. The Ravens have Ray Lewis. We have Chuck Pagano. That pretty much neutralizes the emotional intensity on both sides IMO. Can we just play ball now? Thanks. It's a lot of smoke & mirrors if you ask me. The Colts are still going to win.

I don't really agree with this at all.

Ray Lewis has been on the Ravens team for as long as it has been around.  He is the emotional leader of our team, and has been for over a decade.  He will never play a game with these guys ever again after this post season.  If you don't think that will fire up the entire team, and the crowd at M&T Bank, then you will be sorely disappointed on Sunday.  Expect to have a hard time hearing the announcers when your offense is on the field, because there will be seventy thousand people yelling as loud as they can in order to help our team pull out the win.

Chuck is with you guys for the long haul.  Even when this season is done, you will still have him on your sideline.  This is nothing to diminish the struggles that he has faced this season.  I have all the respect in the world for Chuck, and I was incredbily disappointed to see him leave Baltimore.  I just don't see the motivation that your team garners from his illness in the same light as the leader of our team never ever playing another NFL game in his life.