Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big Mouth gets a free pass

Synthetic

I laughed at first because it showed me that the organization will remain in shambles. Then I got thinking about how we still had Jim Caldwell for a couple of weeks until Grigson was hired. Time will tell. Lovie Smith being fired was more of a shock to me.

Rex seems to have matured.  He doesn't talk as much trash and doesn't run his mouth as much.  However, his choice for offensive coordinator was bad.  Sporano did not do well and they should have dumped/found a replacement for Sanchez a while ago.  Their acquisition of Tebow was a poor choice in that they didn't use him at all.  Tebow could have made an impact, but Sporano/Rex didn't utilize him at all.  I think Rex should still be a head coach, but if he has another year like this past one (full of poor decisions), he might get canned.  What saved him was his history.  He took the Jets to 2 AFCCGs in his first two years and improved the defense drastically.

Many parts of that entire franchise are a mess.  The blame does not fall solely on Rex

Rex is a player's coach in my own opinion. He's the nice guy that is all for the players. Sadly that don't mean he has discipline or edge on his team. Look at how they pat Sanchez on the back all year for screwing up, better yet they patted him on the back with that big contract going into this season for all the mistakes he made last year.

It's not just the QB, the jets defense is very overrated. This is not the same defense from 2 years ago when they hit back to back AFC title games out of luck.