Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Can Opt Out

Korey

Yeah, lets opt out and cut him so he can be picked up by the Jags or Titans. That way

we can play against one very angry Manning twice a year. :trout:

That was a justified trouting, sorry dude.

Did anybody even stop to think for a minute that the OP was just putting it out there as an option in case this turned into a career ending injury??? :facepalm: It looks like thats not the case, but good God this forum has got really lame the last few days.

That's why I started a thread about it that the original post should have went into. Some people don't even look at other threads before they post their own thread.

Did anybody even stop to think for a minute that the OP was just putting it out there as an option in case this turned into a career ending injury??? :facepalm: It looks like thats not the case, but good God this forum has got really lame the last few days.

Nope, didn't think of it. My trout trigger finger has been twitchy, since Manning

has been put on the `Bob Sanders street clothes' list.

I think Manning will be out for maby 4 to 5 weeks tops. Its Manning we are talking about he is a work aholic he is going to get back on the field some how.

being a workaholic has nothing to do with this. It takes two months AT LEAST (and most don't buy that) for it to heal. Being a work aholic is nothing to improve that.

Yeah, lets opt out and cut him so he can be picked up by the Jags or Titans. That way

we can play against one very angry Manning twice a year. :trout:

That was a justified trouting, sorry dude.

Did you every think that maybe Manning gets injured during rehab and never takes another snap in a Colts uniform? Didn't think so with the reply that you made. Also if Manning comes back then the Colts wouldn't have to opt out of his contract. Lets have more than a middle school reply guys. Sorry Dudes

Watched the video on SI where Dr. Gupta explained the procedure. He says that about after a week Manning can get back into the weight room and start rehabbing his triceps. That's promising. Knowing that there isn't anything physical holding him back other than rehab that quickly is a promising sign, knowing Manning.

Why would we opt out?

Only way we would is if we knew Manning's career was over. If it is I don't think we are going to know in Febraury. I think we are going to at least give him a pre-season and more than likely a season to prove it's over and he just can't go on the field. Look at what we did with Marvin Harrison. Now granted if Peyton develops what Cooper has that changes it but based on everything I've heard from the doctors asked about this that doesn't sound likly. It sounds like they expect him to recover but they are slightly concerned about him not getting his arm strength back. We aren't going to know it's back or not till he steps out on field again. I would say the odds of us releasing Manning are very very very small because it means his career is over. Still I don't think the OP is saying we will or anything like that. They are just making the point it is an option should we need it that is all.

Watched the video on SI where Dr. Gupta explained the procedure. He says that about after a week Manning can get back into the weight room and start rehabbing his triceps. That's promising. Knowing that there isn't anything physical holding him back other than rehab that quickly is a promising sign, knowing Manning.

Dude..your tricep isnt in your neck.Thats like saying I can work out my forearm after having my foot operated on.The biggest concern is going to be his neck muscles like say your traps.That may take awhile.

Did you every think that maybe Manning gets injured during rehab and never takes another snap in a Colts uniform? Didn't think so with the reply that you made. Also if Manning comes back then the Colts wouldn't have to opt out of his contract. Lets have more than a middle school reply guys. Sorry Dudes

That's thinking seriously outside the box in negative way. I'm sure he's not going to do anything extreme that would put his career in jeopardy. According to the local news last night players have a 72% chance of returning and averaging 29 games before their career is done. This includes many other positions that require much more contact than a QB.

Dealing with any nerve injury it can still be career threatening, but it's a procedurethat many NFL players have recovered from. Stop whining about middle school responses as well, it's a forum. You think everyone is going be sophisticated on a forum, I'm sure you've posted many middle school replies yourself.