Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we get a corner I think we should get johnathan banks

if we get him and he pans out as expected and say we get jairus byrd or dashon goldson which is who i would rather have, our secondary would be set for years. if we got anthony spencer in free agency our lb's would be set. and also if josh chapman comes back fresh and healthy he would be our big strong 600 pound bench pressing workhorse that clogs the middle. we would only have 1 more position to adress and that is the other defensive line position besides chapman and redding.

if we get him and he pans out as expected and say we get jairus byrd or dashon goldson which is who i would rather have, our secondary would be set for years. if we got anthony spencer in free agency our lb's would be set. and also if josh chapman comes back fresh and healthy he would be our big strong 600 pound bench pressing workhorse that clogs the middle. we would only have 1 more position to adress and that is the other defensive line position besides chapman and redding.

they are safeties banks is a corner

• 2 weeks later...
In the 1st?

IF we were to choose one of those three I think your only shot at those guys will be between rounds 1 and 2.  Maybe there is a slight possibility Poyer would be around in the 3rd, but I think chances would be slim.  I'm not saying we definitely have to use a high pick on a corner. But if you want one of the above 3 I think you will have to use a 1st or 2nd most likely.

IF we were to choose one of those three I think your only shot at those guys will be between rounds 1 and 2.  Maybe there is a slight possibility Poyer would be around in the 3rd, but I think chances would be slim.  I'm not saying we definitely have to use a high pick on a corner. But if you want one of the above 3 I think you will have to use a 1st or 2nd most likely.

I have to admit tempting but we have a need for an O Lineman and an OLB to fill Freeneys role (Hughes is suited for Mathis's role in my opinion)

In the 1st?

We definitely need O line, and a rush OLB, but it would be very hard for Grigson and Pagano to pass over a CB like Rhodes. I think if it came down to the Colts pick(even in the 1st round) and Rhodes is available I think they will take him. Teams do that when the player is the best one available on the board when the pick comes around.

We definitely need O line, and a rush OLB, but it would be very hard for Grigson and Pagano to pass over a CB like Rhodes. I think if it came down to the Colts pick(even in the 1st round) and Rhodes is available I think they will take him. Teams do that when the player is the best one available on the board when the pick comes around.

Hey I'd like Rhodes to

Hey I'd like Rhodes to

Kind of reminds me of Chromartie, but more physicality in run support.   I'd take him if he was available when our pick came around unless there is a prospect available similar to an Aldon Smith(49ers) or somebody who would bring even greater value than Rhodes.

Kind of reminds me of Chromartie, but more physicality in run support.   I'd take him if he was available when our pick came around unless there is a prospect available similar to an Aldon Smith(49ers) or somebody who would bring even greater value than Rhodes.

Dont know if there is, potential great Corners especially with his size are few and far between

Dont know if there is, potential great Corners especially with his size are few and far between

Maybe you could make an argument for Werner from FSU if he's still on the board, guy had 13 sacks this year.  We've still got Vontae if we choose not to get a CB in the 1st round. Could probably find one(a cb) in free agency, or in a later round potentially.  It's hard to say jump on Werner right away if available at the same time Rhodes is. Teams have been able to find a number of pass rushing lineman/olb in small schools and later rounds who have been pretty productive.  If a top flight CB is in your lap, that is very hard to just let go.

I'd like to have Banks, though he was injured in the later half of the season, and his stock is rising. I wouldn't be surprised if by draft time he's just out of our reach if he isn't already.

For what little it's worth, I just read a report from Scouts Inc. saying Banks' stock may be sliding.   May not be a corner,  but may rather be a safety in their view.    Too early to know anything for sure.    But they were wild about his play in some of the later games of his season against top competition.   May have some physical limitations which may push him from corner to safety.

Anyway....   just wanted to pass it along...

For what little it's worth, I just read a report from Scouts Inc. saying Banks' stock may be sliding.   May not be a corner,  but may rather be a safety in their view.    Too early to know anything for sure.    But they were wild about his play in some of the later games of his season against top competition.   May have some physical limitations which may push him from corner to safety.

Anyway....   just wanted to pass it along...

That'd be an interesting move for sure.

Maybe you could make an argument for Werner from FSU if he's still on the board, guy had 13 sacks this year.  We've still got Vontae if we choose not to get a CB in the 1st round. Could probably find one(a cb) in free agency, or in a later round potentially.  It's hard to say jump on Werner right away if available at the same time Rhodes is. Teams have been able to find a number of pass rushing lineman/olb in small schools and later rounds who have been pretty productive.  If a top flight CB is in your lap, that is very hard to just let go.

Could go

Could resign Freeney to a reasonable contract then draft

1.Rhodes

3.Wagner

4.Vellano (I like him alot more then Margus Hunt as a 3-4 DE)