Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question about yesterdays Pats v Colts game..

JimJaime

I have not seen thia anywhere, so I apologize if this has been mentioned but..

The Pats were jumping the Colts snap count pretty much all game (2nd qrtr on.) is there a reason why Luck or your OC didn't change it up? (I mean even the guys in the booth noticed the Pats were jumping the snap count.)

Found it odd, and a possible HUGE Achillees heel if other teams pick up on it.

The Colts offense was fine in the 1st Quarter. Pats made some adjustments and the Colts O died. It is easy to forget how good the other teams are when things are going your way. Bellycheck has 4 SB rings to prove he's a fine coach. Doesn't mean I like him, but give him his dues.

The offense has changed the snap count during games before this year. I'm not sure how frequently they do so, especially on the road, but yesterday would have been a good game to use some hard counts and other little tricks to slow the Pats down.

Of course, aside from the mistakes (interceptions, dropped passes, fumbles), our offense was having a pretty good day. We just made too many mistakes.

I think too that the pats were taking chances . . . so some of the fast jumps off the line was trying to guess the snap count. . . perhaps we may have know others . . . but we did have a few offense from what i recall so there was some guess and early jumping going on . . .

How much of it is formation and motion tendencies as opposed to snap count? Or maybe better asked, in addition to snap count alone... I see a lot of the same motion, like with Reggie, who will protect the back side of a play. So when Reggie finishes that motion, the snap is coming.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Sorry, still adjusting to the 17 game schedule Wins 7.9 Indianapolis Colts Win Total: under 8.5 (-120) Make Playoffs: +150 Win Division: +320 Win Conference: +3000 Win Super Bowl: +5000 Colts' complete 2024 NFL schedule   The return of Anthony Richardson, along with some great new pieces (AD Mitchell, Laiatu Latu), creates a ton of upside for this young team. The Colts' hardest four-game stretch comes in the middle of the season (Dolphins, at Texans, at Vikings, Bills), with a trip to the Jets and a home game against the Lions immediately following. That's a lot of different playing styles they'll need to adjust to over a six-week period. The good news: My models have Indy favored in each of its final four games of the campaign (at Broncos, Titans, at Giants, Jaguars).
    • Rookie contracts are locked in for total value and years. Mitchell won't be holding out for first round money, it's not permissible based on the CBA. If players want to change that, holding out won't do anything; the union would have to strike, and that's not happening. Other contract factors are negotiable, and the main sticking points tend to be total guaranteed money, and offset language.    At this point, it's way too early to be concerned about a rookie contract holdout. Rookie holdouts almost never happen after 2011, and when they do, it's always a player who was drafted near the top of the first round. The two that come to mind are Joey Bosa (third overall pick), and Devon Witherspoon (fifth overall pick). Anthony Castonzo was a few days late to camp in 2011, but that was the first year of the rookie wage scale so the precedents regarding guarantees and so forth weren't set, and a lot of NFL business was happening in a short period of time after the lockout, so I don't even think it counts.   It's possible that with the transfer portal and NIL money being a big factor in the career paths of college athletes, they are now used to having more leverage than drafted players had even three or four years ago. So maybe we'll see more holdouts for players outside of the first round, but until that really starts happening, I'm not worried about it. In Mitchell's case, all that really matters is that he's signed in time for training camp.
    • all we need is a healthy AR
  • Members