Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Drake Nevis Made Tommie Harris Expendable

Colts20593

That is too funny, he thought he was the best tackle on the team. Funny because.....he was!!!!!! I was actually excited about him and Nevis on the inside. That would've been a decent front four. Front office really needs to wake up. So they would rather keep a terrible player that is quiet, than a boisterous one with talent? I'm talking about Painter btw!!!!!! If I'm a GM, every signing a make is with the vision of that player being able to start now or eventually down the road in a few years. Clearly, Painter doesn't have a future of ever running the show with the Colts so why hang on to him......Oh, I forgot this was about Tommie Harris.....that wasn't a smart cut!!!!

Dito29 I'm with you. I don't know what the front office was thinking on this one. Yes Harris had some injuries, if it was a injury thing he should have never been brought in. Harris would have added a serious push to the front. Harris would have to be accounted for, I have never talked trash about the Colts front office but this one I don't get. Go Colts.

Dito29 I'm with you. I don't know what the front office was thinking on this one. Yes Harris had some injuries, if it was a injury thing he should have never been brought in. Harris would have added a serious push to the front. Harris would have to be accounted for, I have never talked trash about the Colts front office but this one I don't get. Go Colts.

Well until anyone knows exactly why he was cut it's hard to understand. I'm betting there's more to it than anyone has heard. I don't really think it's injury problem I think there is something else that we haven't been told and maybe never will be. JMO of course

Well until anyone knows exactly why he was cut it's hard to understand. I'm betting there's more to it than anyone has heard. I don't really think it's injury problem I think there is something else that we haven't been told and maybe never will be. JMO of course

Susie Q I wish they would let us know because this one isn't making sense to me. If it was not injuries, It was not money because he was coming at value. Harris was not a virus in the locker room, Mathis stated he was surprised by the move and that he learned alot from Harris. SMH

That is too funny, he thought he was the best tackle on the team. Funny because.....he was!!!!!! I was actually excited about him and Nevis on the inside. That would've been a decent front four. Front office really needs to wake up. So they would rather keep a terrible player that is quiet, than a boisterous one with talent? I'm talking about Painter btw!!!!!! If I'm a GM, every signing a make is with the vision of that player being able to start now or eventually down the road in a few years. Clearly, Painter doesn't have a future of ever running the show with the Colts so why hang on to him......Oh, I forgot this was about Tommie Harris.....that wasn't a smart cut!!!!

Actually, if u read the original quote from the article, it says he wanted treated like the best D linemen on the team. Yes, he may have been the best DT but not our best D linemen. I am guessing we were asking him to do things on the line to free up Freeney and Mathis and Harris went all diva on us and wanted to be the star. Just a hunch but he probably just didnt get along with the guys on the team...in Reggie's words "we ain't vanilla man"

Actually, if u read the original quote from the article, it says he wanted treated like the best D linemen on the team. Yes, he may have been the best DT but not our best D linemen. I am guessing we were asking him to do things on the line to free up Freeney and Mathis and Harris went all diva on us and wanted to be the star. Just a hunch but he probably just didnt get along with the guys on the team...in Reggie's words "we ain't vanilla man"

I didn't think of that. But Mathis stated that he was learning alot form Harris. I hope Harris didn't put on his to-to.

Drake Nevis stepped it up in the preseason, and Tommie Harris didn't. Tommie Harris doesn't know the playbook that well either, and he has a history of injury problems. Looking at it now, it's not such a big cut.

He was still probably the best pass rushing DT we had, I hope that cut doesnt come to bite us on the rear. I would have liked to have him in on 3rd and long

He was still probably the best pass rushing DT we had, I hope that cut doesnt come to bite us on the rear. I would have liked to have him in on 3rd and long

I disagree with that. Harris played in 3 preseason games. He did next to nothing in the first one against the Rams. Against GB he had 2 nice plays and the first time I watched the Bengals game, I thought he was a lock to make the team because I didn't think he was playing. Then I watched the game again and realized he was in on a lot of snaps but did absolutely nothing. He would take two steps and then just stop and push.

I fell into the euphoria of his one sack in the GB game like everyone else and he was on my final 53. But Saturday I went back and watched the Bengals game and I can definitely understand his being released, especially if he was already making comments about being treated like a top DT.

People forget that is what lead to his downfall in Chicago, he wanted to be treated like the top DT but he no longer performs like a top DT.

Mathis said he learned a lot from Harris and so did Freeney. They were both shocked at the developement and cannot figure out why this happened. If they don't know, then we are sure not gonna know. Coach Caldwell has been doing some strange things lately and this is one of them and then hiring Jim Tressel is about the most odd thing i think i have ever heard. Is this guy (Caldwell) on a string?

I think the title of the thread "Drake Nevis made Tommie Harris expendable" is true in a different way. If Harris was, indeed, bringing a bad attitude to the locker room, I think the Colts would have been very careful about letting him mentor Nevis. Freeny and Mathis can get deal with him just fine, but as a young impressionable rookie who seems to have a great attitude, Nevis needs to be taken into account.

This, of course, is pure speculation on my part but it makes sense to me if the Colts felt that Harris wasn't going to be all that effective on the field.

Mathis said he learned a lot from Harris and so did Freeney. They were both shocked at the developement and cannot figure out why this happened. If they don't know, then we are sure not gonna know.

Your extracted a lot from one tweet.

dayum.. hate to see my dude Tommie Harris go! great player,homie and student of the game. He opened my eyes to alot of stuff in #NFLbiz

No where does it state Freeney learning anything, even Mathis just talks about learning stuff about the NFLbiz. Also no where does he mention anything about shocked or figuring out why it happened. Do you have another source for all this you claim?