Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck has one less Rushing TD than RGIII (and more than all our RBs combined)

BleedingBlue

I think its ironic that there were some folks that didn't want RG3 because he was a "scrambling" QB. (Apparently they didn't watch Luck in college much ... but I digress).

Now that they have seen AL in the NFL (spearhead tackles and all), I'm wondering if they are as equally concerned we drafted Luck....

awkward

LOL

Thank goodness we can finally put THAT discussion to bed.

I think its ironic that there were some folks that didn't want RG3 because he was a "scrambling" QB. (Apparently they didn't watch Luck in college much ... but I digress).

Now that they have seen AL in the NFL (spearhead tackles and all), I'm wondering if they are as equally concerned we drafted Luck....

awkward

LOL

No, I think that we all knew that Luck could scramble, thus the early comparisons to Aaron Rodgers. What we didn't want was a QB that had run the ball over 100 times in a college system with designed plays for a QB to run. That's different than a scrambling QB.

Nonetheless, as you've mentioned, our "non-running" yet scrambling QB has rushed quite well. :thmup:

awkward

LOL

Who is this RG3 you speak of? Is he a defensive star on a team we face in the future? I'm just trying to figure out why I should be concerned about anything he does?

Can someone help me?

Luck - 34 attempts 159 yards rushing - 5 TD's. (most of his TD's have come from inside the 10 yard line)

RG3 - 81 attempts 529 yards rushing 6 TD's

you didnt put the most important stat in comparing them in running. and thats yardage and attempts. RG3 has ran more then half as much as Luck. we knew that luck could run if he needed too, he dont run as much as RG3.

hey I was looking on nfl.com to see just how many times Luck has been the pepsi max rookie of the week or fedex air and ground winner I just want to see how many awards he has won so far not that it matters. I know he has won more games as a rookie so far then any other rookie in nfl history which was held by Sam Bradford at 7 wins, and thrown for more yard in one game so far which was held by Newton and Luck is on pace to break Newton record for passing yards in a season

And I want to see more seperation in his win to lose ratio. Much more important...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here but if he has more separation on his td to int ratio that should translate into more wins than loses :thmup: But yes I completely agree with both you and Stephen.

I said if Luck could double his td's to turnovers I would be ecstatic at the end of the season. He is a rookie so mistakes are going to happen but positive plays breed positive results.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here but if he has more separation on his td to int ratio that should translate into more wins than loses :thmup: But yes I completely agree with both you and Stephen.

I said if Luck could double his td's to turnovers I would be ecstatic at the end of the season. He is a rookie so mistakes are going to happen but positive plays breed positive results.

Yes, I agree, but I thought it was stating the bleedin' obvious about the impact of the TD/INT ratio on our final W/L record.

Well keep in mind that all of his touchdowns come inside of their 10 yard line. That could have easily been the RB's touchdowns.

Also, although it's impressive that he's doing as well on paper in this category, Luck doesn't even come close to RG3 in any rushing category.

Well keep in mind that all of his touchdowns come inside of their 10 yard line. That could have easily been the RB's touchdowns.

Also, although it's impressive that he's doing as well on paper in this category, Luck doesn't even come close to RG3 in any rushing category.

I think it's more fair to say Luck has less designed runs, thus less rushing yards, therefore a comparison isn't completely accurate for either man.