Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My quick thoughts of the game

jwilli69

Luck will and should take a lot of the blame for this loss. He has no touch on the ball yet. He is young so I don't blame him for not being perfect. I fully believe he will improve greatly on that for next season.

Avery was good today, Wayne not as much. Too many dropped passes by our wr's still.

Fleener was much improved with his hands today.

Oline was god awful pitiful today but I expect them to be, they are not NFL starting quality. Satele was bad but we could run in the middle last week with Shipley in at center but returned to not being able to with Satele. Again, #74 is the only NFL caliber lineman playing.

DT/NT play was pathetic to watch and apparently our lb's could fill a hole today.

The $19 million dollar waste of time for a older DE is not looking so smart now nor did I feel it was smart to keep him before the season started. Jerry Hughes was present today at least.

Cb's. Hard to judge them, Sanchez didn't have to test them really.

Tackling was extremely poor today by most of the team.

NO help from the running backs but they had no help from a shoddy oline as well.

Playcalling was not anything to garner a response either way. Kinda predictable IMO.

My overtake is it is a team that will get better but it will take another draft and another year of those draft picks to become a team that is consistent and understands the situations they are in. The defense has to find their identity. Be a 3-4 or a 4-3 and get that personel and ditch the whole Freeney hope, he isn't a 3-4 lb and he has age and injuries mounting on him. Luck has to work hard this offseason on his touch and take a few more runs that are open for him.

I went into the season saying it was a young team in traing and expect about 4-6 wins. Anything more than that is bonus but it's tough to see a team play soooo well in the second half only to play sooooo equally bad the next week. Better days on the horizon and painful hopes dashed this season. Ride the wave

Luck will and should take a lot of the blame for this loss. He has no touch on the ball yet. He is young so I don't blame him for not being perfect. I fully believe he will improve greatly on that for next season.

Avery was good today, Wayne not as much. Too many dropped passes by our wr's still.

Oline was god awful pitiful today but I expect them to be, they are not NFL starting quality. Satele was bad but we could run in the middle last week with Shipley in at center but returned to not being able to with Satele. Again, #74 is the only NFL caliber lineman playing.

DT/NT play was pathetic to watch and apparently our lb's could fill a hole today.

The $19 million dollar waste of time for a older DE is not looking so smart now nor did I feel it was smart to keep him before the season started. Jerry Hughes was present today at least.

NO help from the running backs but they had no help from a shoddy oline as well.

Playcalling was not anything to garner a response either way. Kinda predictable IMO.

My overtake is it is a team that will get better but it will take another draft and another year of those draft picks to become a team that is consistent and understands the situations they are in. The defense has to find their identity. Be a 3-4 or a 4-3 and get that personel and ditch the whole Freeney hope, he isn't a 3-4 lb and he has age and injuries mounting on him. Luck has to work hard this offseason on his touch and take a few more runs that are open for him.

I went into the season saying it was a young team in traing and expect about 4-6 wins. Anything more than that is bonus but it's tough to see a team play soooo well in the second half only to play sooooo equally bad the next week. Better days on the horizon and painful hopes dashed this season. Ride the wave

We arent a physically strong defensive team... but at 2-3, we are where we should be.

We were short 3 defensive starters (V. Davis, Angerer, Robert Mathis) on the road.

I thought Freeney and Reddng were playing hurt.

At the start of the season....us vs. the Jets in NY was a loss.

It is what it is.....we can still be 7-6 after 13 games

My only comment to the OPs remarks... I thought Wayne did remarkably well today, given the constant abuse he was receiving from Cromartie. I know he received plenty if penalties, but he was practically inside Wayne's jersey on just about every play. Maybe the refs just got tired of throwing the flag at Cro...?

My only comment to the OPs remarks... I thought Wayne did remarkably well today, given the constant abuse he was receiving from Cromartie. I know he received plenty if penalties, but he was practically inside Wayne's jersey on just about every play. Maybe the refs just got tired of throwing the flag at Cro...?

It may be true that cromartie was on Wayne pretty good but so was his defender last week and he caught everything anyway. This week he dropped a couple catchable balls and then fumbled once so by all rights, Wayne had a bad game.

Maybe he should get the orange gloves back :)

You have that backwards. Avery couldn't hold onto a ball that fell into the bread basket on a crucial 3rd down and couldn't keep his feet in on another pass play. They were both virtually non factors but Wayne had the better day.

Really if he hadn't fumbled do you think the game would've been any different? I was just glad to see it end without the score being worsened. Luck could throw a pick 6 etc...

You have that backwards. Avery couldn't hold onto a ball that fell into the bread basket on a crucial 3rd down and couldn't keep his feet in on another pass play. They were both virtually non factors but Wayne had the better day.

I like Avery but he has a problem with being consistently inconsistent. Sometimes he will put up a really good game and then there's others where he is so so. He makes some nice catches during the game, and then there's others where you are wondering why in the heck he dropped the pass. He had no business dropping that third down pass. Luck put it right on him.

Wayne had that fumble on pretty much the last play that kind of hurt us. But things happen. How many overthrows did Luck have in total? It was just a BAD day all around. Unortunately it had to come against the team I happen to hate the most in the NFL. Living in New York State, I unfortunately have to listen to all the tal today. But these things happen I suppose. We'll get 'em next week I hope! :blueshoe:

Luck didn't play one of his better games, but i have a hard time saying he should take a lot of the blame for the loss when the defense gave up a career day to a guy who had struggled all year long and was even rumored to be in jeopardy of losing snaps to his backup. Even if Luck plays a good game they weren't winning with that kind of run defense. He deserves a fair share, but not the most. I thought pretty much everyone outside of AV had a pretty poor game and that definitely includes the coaching staff. Hughes looked good on the stat sheet, but the other half of the game he was being completely dominated by a tight end. As for Luck working on his touch passes, i've seen him make several touch passes in the games previous. This game he struggled with it. But i don't think it's been a major problem. He also struggled greatly throwing on the run yesterday, but in the games previous he was great on the run. One game doesn't make it a problem. I will also say that sometimes a receiver needs to help his QB out and outside of Wayne that rarely happens. Avery has missed on several catches that were tough, but catches that good NFL players make.

Here's a few of my thoughts:

Zbis needs to sit down (and not in the middle of a play for once). Let Lefeged start.

I think Shipley should start another game and see if our running game improves liek it did against Green Bay. He certainly outplayed Satele.

Nice to see Fleener run a route past 10 yards. He needs to be turned loose.

Why Carter only got a handful of runs? Dumb. The Jets were in the lower half of the league against the run. Was this because of Satele starting instead of Shipley?

I still can't believe we let Shaun Greene run 160+ yards on us when the guy hasn't had a 100 yard game in forever.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, October 15, 2012 - Duplicate Post
Hidden by Coltssouth, October 15, 2012 - Duplicate Post

Why is people like "mid slamming" Avery. he had a drop I agree but overall he was fine. had Luck connected himo n that deep ball i bet people would be calling him already Mike Wallace 2.0

I'm sorry I stopped reading here, on the account of we must have been watching different games. Avery was the worst colts player on the field yesterday, on offense and defense.

You should probably stop typing too cause if you believe that Avery was the worst player on the field yesterday, you did not see zibs, bethea, our dline any of the guards and special teams coverage. Maybe you are just a hater of Avery IDK but he was far from our worst player on the team yesterday.

Wayne had that fumble on pretty much the last play that kind of hurt us. But things happen. How many overthrows did Luck have in total? It was just a BAD day all around. Unortunately it had to come against the team I happen to hate the most in the NFL. Living in New York State, I unfortunately have to listen to all the tal today. But these things happen I suppose. We'll get 'em next week I hope! :blueshoe:

I am pretty sure the game was far out of reach by the time Wayne fumbled but nonetheless, he needs to not do stuff like that. Had it occurred early in the game, that would have been a bigger deal. Luck wasn't throwing very accurate Sunday but he threw a bunch of similar balls that Wayne snagged the week before but kinda had a disappointing game this week. It happens to all wr's though, he will rebound ok. It was not Wayne's fault the team lost.

Why is people like "mid slamming" Avery. he had a drop I agree but overall he was fine. had Luck connected himo n that deep ball i bet people would be calling him already Mike Wallace 2.0

He had more than one drop, he had 3 or 4, and he neglected to get both feet in bounds on a crucial play.

You should probably stop typing too cause if you believe that Avery was the worst player on the field yesterday, you did not see zibs, bethea, our dline any of the guards and special teams coverage. Maybe you are just a hater of Avery IDK but he was far from our worst player on the team yesterday.

I was at the game, he was targeted TWELVE times, and he hauled in 4 of them. He "dropped" at least 5 passes, and on another play he caught the ball and failed to get both feet in bounds.

I am willing to give any player a chance, and I'm not an Avery hater, he hopefully can bounce back, but this is one of my top 5 worst performances by a WR of all time.

He had more than one drop, he had 3 or 4, and he neglected to get both feet in bounds on a crucial play.

I was at the game, he was targeted TWELVE times, and he hauled in 4 of them. He "dropped" at least 5 passes, and on another play he caught the ball and failed to get both feet in bounds.

I am willing to give any player a chance, and I'm not an Avery hater, he hopefully can bounce back, but this is one of my top 5 worst performances by a WR of all time.

honestly, what woudl you call Luck then? at the very least he has missed 4 times on deep balls(through 4 games)? which would equate to a drop i guess...it happens

honestly, what woudl you call Luck then? at the very least he has missed 4 times on deep balls(through 4 games)? which would equate to a drop i guess...it happens

If Luck throws the ball and puts it in a catch-able situation, then the rest falls on the receiver.