2 WRSL: Collie, Austin - Brooks, Chris

2 RTE: Clark, Dallas - Tamme, Jacob

1 BTE Eldridge, Brody

1 LT: Castonzo, Anthony

2 LG: Reitz, Joe - DeVan, Kyle

2 C: Saturday, Jeff - Richard, Jamey

2 RG: Diem, Ryan - Pollak, Mike

2 RT: Linkenbach, Jeff - Ijalana, Ben

I am leaving us a little thin at TE here and if we run a lot of 2 TE sets as I think we might then I could be way off. The problem is that I don’t think we have a TE on the team right now who makes our team better than anyone else I have kept. I said this before and I still believe it; I would not be surprised if we pick up a TE who gets cut from another team.

I have to go with experience at the WR position over Gilreath right now, but I could change my mind after the next game. I think he could make the 53, but I am actually expecting him to make the practice squad. In my opinion, this is a huge reason as to why the NFL needs to just drop the practice squad and make the roster 60 and dress 50.

2 LDE: Mathis, Robert - Anderson, Jamaal

2 NT: Johnson, Antonio - Foster, Eric

3 UT: Harris, Tommie - Moala, Fili - Nevis, Drake

3 RDE: Freeney, Dwight - Brayton, Tyler - Hughes, Jerry

2 SAM: Angerer, Pat - Wheeler, Philip

1 MIKE: Brackett, Gary

2 WILL: Sims, Ernie - Conner, Kavell

2 LC: Lacey, Jacob - Thomas, Kevin

3 RC: Tryon, Justin - Rucker, Chris - Johnson, Terrence

1 NC: Powers, Jerraud

2 SS: Bullitt, Melvin - Lefeged, Joe

2 FS: Bethea, Antoine - Caldwell, David

1 K: Vinatieri, Adam

1 P: McAfee, Pat

1 LS: Snow, Justin

There are a couple of surprises here. The first one that might stick out is Terrence Johnson. I am going on a hunch here, but he has looked pretty good to me. At the very least, I think we keep him on the practice squad. The next surprise might be that I have Caldwell and Lefeged both making the 53. It could end up that one finds the practice squad, but we have carried 4 safeties in the past and the talent warrants this in my opinion. If it does come down to keeping 3 safeties then I think Lefeged makes the 53, even though Caldwell played with the starters against Green Bay. We have to remember that he was Bethea’s backup (FS) and that’s why he played over Lefeged. The coaching staff is probably only teaching one safety spot to Lefeged right now and that’s strong safety; what he has been playing. Since Bullitt played the entire way with the starters it makes sense to me.

Practice Squad:

Kirkpatrick, Jake

Spann, Chad

Gill, John

Moten, Adrian

Chick, John

Evans, Darren

Gilreath, David

DeVree, Tyson

The practice squad looks good. I really like Kirkpatrick, Gilreath, and Evans. Moten has played well too. All of these guys deserve a spot on the practice squad, in my opinion.

Cuts:

McClendon, Jacques

Triplett, Nate

Orlovsky, Dan

Moore, Larrone

Williams, Marshall

Matthews, Michael

Toudouze, Michael

Tepper, Mike

Mathews, Ricardo

Tuihalamaka, Vuna

Colasanti, Chris

Neal, Kerry

King, Brandon

Afalava, Al

Brown, Cornelius

Baltz, Travis

McNeill, Mike

Ogbu, Ollie

Some of these cuts are tough and some expected. McClendon was a tough one, but it’s either him or DeVan and it can go either way, but my gut feeling said we will keep DeVan. Some of these guys have already exhausted their stay on the practice squad and haven’t shown me enough that I see them making the final 53. Of course I am not in every practice and definitely not as good at evaluating talent as the coaches either. This is just my view from what I have access to.

PUP:

Blair White

Guest BlueShoe

i dont think chick is eligible for PS and i like ogbu and think he makes the PS. no way we keep both brooks and smith. brooks will probably on the PS.

I believe Chick has one more year of eligibilty as he has only spent one year there. Brooks could end up on the practice squad (again as well) and will probably be put back there when/if Blair White comes off the PUP.

Why is it so hard to believe we would keep Smith and Brooks on the 53? We've kept six receivers before.

I actually believe we will pick up a TE from somewhere that gets cut and then Brooks will go back to the practice squad, but I can only go on what we have right now.

I believe Chick has one more year of eligibilty as he has only spent one year there. Brooks could end up on the practice squad (again as well) and will probably be put back there when/if Blair White comes off the PUP.

Why is it so hard to believe we would keep Smith and Brooks on the 53? We've kept six receivers before.

I actually believe we will pick up a TE from somewhere that gets cut and then Brooks will go back to the practice squad, but I can only go on what we have right now.

chick has been on the ps since 09 i think. thats two years.

why its hard to believe is because the 5th wr almost never sees the field, but on STs so i dont see the point in carrying 6

Guest BlueShoe

chick has been on the ps since 09 i think. thats two years.

why its hard to believe is because the 5th wr almost never sees the field, but on STs so i dont see the point in carrying 6

Chick is in his second year with us and has one year of eligibility left. Taj made the team because he is a huge special team’s player for us so position in his case was just an added bonus because both Collie and Gonzalez are question marks right now with their health.

If we started week one right now we would only be going into the first game with four healthy receivers out of the six that I have making the team (Wayne, Garcon, Smith, and Brooks). We probably won’t keep six all season even if we keep them at all, but as I said above; I can only go on what I know and what I see now is a banged up receiver group who is going to have to pull some assets from the practice squad for a little while.

Guest BlueShoe

The only one I would disagree on is that I think we keep McClendon over Johnson (the corner) but I really wouldn't be shocked either way. I am guessing you put White on IR?

I have White on PUP at the bottom.

You could actually be right on McClendon because Johnson still has a year of eligibility on the practice squad. I am just thinking back to last year and how banged up we were in the secondary. That's got to be in the coaches minds. Whether or not they will stock up the secondary, well I am just making a guess and the talent warranted it. It wouldn’t surprised me either way either.

Guest BlueShoe

i dont see the point in carrying 4 safeties with terrance johnson making the team since the guy is a hybrid and can play both corner and safety

I have seen us carry 10 DB's before on the 53. This 53 only has 9 DB's. Like I said in the post above, the amount of injuries we had in the secondary last season hurt us bad and I think it's in the coaches’ minds right now. We need to be prepared. But who knows? I am just guessing.

3 QB: Manning, Peyton - Collins, Kerry - Painter, Curtis

2 RB: Addai, Joseph - Brown, Donald

2 3RB: James, Javarris - Carter, Delone

2 WRP: Wayne, Reggie - Gonzalez, Anthony

2 WRSP: Garcon, Pierre - Smith, Taj

2 WRSL: Collie, Austin - Brooks, Chris

2 RTE: Clark, Dallas - Tamme, Jacob

1 BTE Eldridge, Brody

1 LT: Castonzo, Anthony

2 LG: Reitz, Joe - DeVan, Kyle

2 C: Saturday, Jeff - Richard, Jamey

2 RG: Diem, Ryan - Pollak, Mike

2 RT: Linkenbach, Jeff - Ijalana, Ben

2 LDE: Mathis, Robert - Anderson, Jamaal

2 NT: Johnson, Antonio - Foster, Eric

3 UT: Harris, Tommie - Moala, Fili - Nevis, Drake

3 RDE: Freeney, Dwight - Brayton, Tyler - Hughes, Jerry

2 SAM: Angerer, Pat - Wheeler, Philip

1 MIKE: Brackett, Gary

2 WILL: Sims, Ernie - Conner, Kavell

2 LC: Lacey, Jacob - Thomas, Kevin

3 RC: Tryon, Justin - Rucker, Chris - Johnson, Terrence

1 NC: Powers, Jerraud

2 SS: Bullitt, Melvin - Lefeged, Joe

2 FS: Bethea, Antoine - Caldwell, David

1 K: Vinatieri, Adam

1 P: McAfee, Pat

1 LS: Snow, Justin

This is as good as any I have seen but I would question a few things.

On offense

* I can see only 3 RB's making the roster with Evans on the PS. That saves them a roster spot while keeping Evans on the squad.

* I don't see how Brooks makes the team. He does not bring the extra dimension of a Gilreath

* 6 WR's is a lot. They have had 6 on the roster before but that was primarily due to injuries. As early as 2009, they started the year with only 4 WR's.

On Defense

* I imagine that Brayton and Anderson are fighting for the same spot

* Only 5LB's is a stretch. They have to have more than that to play adequate ST's coverage.

One comment - with some of the cuts that will be made, it is clear the impact of an iffy Manning will have on the final 53. Having an extra roster on the 3rd QB causes problems.

Guest BlueShoe

This is as good as any I have seen but I would question a few things.

Thanks. I will do my best. ;)

On offense

* I can see only 3 RB's making the roster with Evans on the PS. That saves them a roster spot while keeping Evans on the squad.

My reasoning for keeping four running backs is because I believe we are going to focus on the running game more than we have in the past 10 years. Manning’s getting older so we can’t expect for him to throw for over 4,000 yards each of his last five years. I believe we are actually going the John Elway retirement route and that’s to run the ball, play great defense, and let Peyton manage the game. It did get a few extra years out of Elway and he finished with two Super Bowls.

I could be wrong on that, but I have always thought this is the way we would do it and after us using the first two draft picks on the offensive line, the third on the defensive line, and bringing in these defensive players that are certain to help; it looks like the direction we are heading in.

* I don't see how Brooks makes the team. He does not bring the extra dimension of a Gilreath

What he brings is a big body and again, I think we are focused and determined to run the ball. I had us keeping Smith, who is already a little on the small side, so keeping Gilreath would make us very small.

* 6 WR's is a lot. They have had 6 on the roster before but that was primarily due to injuries. As early as 2009, they started the year with only 4 WR's.

And you’re right, six receivers is a lot, but when you look at how many of them are healthy then it’s easy to see why I had us keeping six. I don’t think we want to put Collie on PUP and who knows about Gonzalez? My point is that if we went into the season right now with those six receivers then only four of them could play anyway (Wayne, Garcon, Brooks, and Smith). As I said above, I expect for Brooks to end up back on the practice squad when Collie and/or Gonzalez comes back or if we decide to pick up another TE from another team.

On Defense

* I imagine that Brayton and Anderson are fighting for the same spot

I actually believe something totally opposite of that. I think we are going to have two different defensive line groups this season. One group for pass rushing and the other for run defense. Brayton and Anderson are bookends in our run defense and I think they could see the field a lot this year.

* Only 5LB's is a stretch. They have to have more than that to play adequate ST's coverage.

I wouldn’t call it a stretch at all. We only have three positions at linebacker. We don’t really need a backup at each position. We will only dress five anyway. Plus it looks like we are going to play a lot of nickel this year so I would expect to only have two linebackers (Simms/Conner and Bracket/Angerer) on the field 30-45 percent of the time.

One comment - with some of the cuts that will be made, it is clear the impact of an iffy Manning will have on the final 53. Having an extra roster on the 3rd QB causes problems.

I agree and I also disagree. lol Go figure right? ;) (Two Colts fans with three different opinions) I promise I am not Bipolar that I know of.

The extra quarterback doesn’t hurt us on game day because the emergency quarterback doesn’t count as part of the 45 man roster anyway. It does hinder us a bit on the 53rd man, which I believe is ridiculous anyway. The NFL needs to just do away with the practice squad and make the roster 60 and dress 50.

This is just one fans opinion. I don’t claim to know any “inside the locker-room” information. I am just an observant fan who picks up on little things. Sometimes I am right and sometimes I am wrong.

Cheers brother and thanks for the kind words.

My reasoning for keeping four running backs is because I believe we are going to focus on the running game more than we have in the past 10 years. Manning’s getting older so we can’t expect for him to throw for over 4,000 yards each of his last five years. I believe we are actually going the John Elway retirement route and that’s to run the ball, play great defense, and let Peyton manage the game. It did get a few extra years out of Elway and he finished with two Super Bowls.

I could be wrong on that, but I have always thought this is the way we would do it and after us using the first two draft picks on the offensive line, the third on the defensive line, and bringing in these defensive players that are certain to help; it looks like the direction we are heading in.

What he brings is a big body and again, I think we are focused and determined to run the ball. I had us keeping Smith, who is already a little on the small side, so keeping Gilreath would make us very small.

And you’re right, six receivers is a lot, but when you look at how many of them are healthy then it’s easy to see why I had us keeping six. I don’t think we want to put Collie on PUP and who knows about Gonzalez? My point is that if we went into the season right now with those six receivers then only four of them could play anyway (Wayne, Garcon, Brooks, and Smith). As I said above, I expect for Brooks to end up back on the practice squad when Collie and/or Gonzalez comes back or if we decide to pick up another TE from another team.

I actually believe something totally opposite of that. I think we are going to have two different defensive line groups this season. One group for pass rushing and the other for run defense. Brayton and Anderson are bookends in our run defense and I think they could see the field a lot this year.

I wouldn’t call it a stretch at all. We only have three positions at linebacker. We don’t really need a backup at each position. We will only dress five anyway. Plus it looks like we are going to play a lot of nickel this year so I would expect to only have two linebackers (Simms/Conner and Bracket/Angerer) on the field 30-45 percent of the time.

I agree and I also disagree. lol Go figure right? ;) (Two Colts fans with three different opinions) I promise I am not Bipolar that I know of.

The extra quarterback doesn’t hurt us on game day because the emergency quarterback doesn’t count as part of the 45 man roster anyway. It does hinder us a bit on the 53rd man, which I believe is ridiculous anyway. The NFL needs to just do away with the practice squad and make the roster 60 and dress 50.

This is just one fans opinion. I don’t claim to know any “inside the locker-room” information. I am just an observant fan who picks up on little things. Sometimes I am right and sometimes I am wrong.

On 4 RB's - with the 45 (46 with 3rd QB) they are not going to be dressing 4 RB's on game day. That is why I think you go with 3 active and one on the PS. Even if your reasoning of a more focused running attack is accurate, they are not going to give 4 RB's carries on game day.

I will be shocked if Chris Brooks makes the active roster. I heard over the weekend that both Collie and Gonzo are looking at a return for opening day. BTW - Collie and Gonzo have already practiced so they are not PUP eligible. What both Smith and Gilreath bring is ST skills. But I think if the WR's shake out with Wayne, Garcon, Gonzo, Collie, & Gilreath with White on PUP.

There will be a cut made on the D'line that will surprise / tick off fans. My guess is on Brayton but just a guess.

They have traditionally kept at the least 6 lb's on the active roster. And all of them dress. I guess if there have to have extra players elsewhere on the roster, they could make room here but I would be shocked. And the Colts will only play nickel defense if the offense goes 3 wide. I don't know how you can say they will play lots of nickel as that will be predictated on game circumstances.

There will be a cut made on the D'line that will surprise / tick off fans. My guess is on Brayton but just a guess.

My guess is that it will be Foster. Many fans are in love with him. I think we keep Brayton and Anderson and say goodbye to Foster.

Guest BlueShoe

On 4 RB's - with the 45 (46 with 3rd QB) they are not going to be dressing 4 RB's on game day. That is why I think you go with 3 active and one on the PS. Even if your reasoning of a more focused running attack is accurate, they are not going to give 4 RB's carries on game day.

I will be shocked if Chris Brooks makes the active roster. I heard over the weekend that both Collie and Gonzo are looking at a return for opening day. BTW - Collie and Gonzo have already practiced so they are not PUP eligible. What both Smith and Gilreath bring is ST skills. But I think if the WR's shake out with Wayne, Garcon, Gonzo, Collie, & Gilreath with White on PUP.

They have traditionally kept at the least 6 lb's on the active roster. And all of them dress. I guess if there have to have extra players elsewhere on the roster, they could make room here but I would be shocked. And the Colts will only play nickel defense if the offense goes 3 wide. I don't know how you can say they will play lots of nickel as that will be predictated on game circumstances.

I agree that we will only dress three RB's but the kind of runs we ask out of James and Carter are bruising plays and could lead to an injury with one of them throughout the season. We can't put James on the practice squad and if we try to put Carter there then some team will likely grab him up. We either cut James and take our chances or keep him. He has been very effective in the red zone so I think he deserves to stay.

Again, my point was that as of right now both Collie and Gonzalez are hurt. So I have Brooks making the 53 man roster just until one of them gets back to playing or if we try to pick up another tight end who gets cut around the league. And because we can't put them (Collie or Gonzo) on PUP, they will still count towards the 53, hence why I had us keeping 6 receivers on the active roster in the beginning. I think we are saying a lot of the same things here though.

If we cut Brayton then it hurts us on the run defensive line group. Hughes is a backup to the pass rushing ends and would not do very well on running downs, in my opinion; which is why we brought Brayton in to begin with.

Brooks can be that extra special teams player along with Smith. With more teams running three receiver sets, the nickel packages are going up in the NFL.

Guest BlueShoe

My guess is that it will be Foster. Many fans are in love with him. I think we keep Brayton and Anderson and say goodbye to Foster.

Problem is that this preseason Foster has been in with the pass rushing defensive line group and he has played very well in that role. On running downs we pull him out and insert AJ.

Problem is that this preseason Foster has been in with the pass rushing defensive line group and he has played very well in that role. On running downs we pull him out and insert AJ.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part. I know the org. seems to love the guy too, but I have never seen the infatuation. In fact, I think he is a liability on the d-line. I believe Brayton, Anderson, even Gil could take his place and do just as well. Plus all 3 of those guys are bigger, stronger, and are not a liability in run defense.

I agree that we will only dress three RB's but the kind of runs we ask out of James and Carter are bruising plays and could lead to an injury with one of them throughout the season. We can't put James on the practice squad and if we try to put Carter there then some team will likely grab him up. We either cut James and take our chances or keep him. He has been very effective in the red zone so I think he deserves to stay.

Again, my point was that as of right now both Collie and Gonzalez are hurt. So I have Brooks making the 53 man roster just until one of them gets back to playing or if we try to pick up another tight end who gets cut around the league. And because we can't put them (Collie or Gonzo) on PUP, they will still count towards the 53, hence why I had us keeping 6 receivers on the active roster in the beginning. I think we are saying a lot of the same things here though.

If we cut Brayton then it hurts us on the run defensive line group. Hughes is a backup to the pass rushing ends and would not do very well on running downs, in my opinion; which is why we brought Brayton in to begin with.

Brooks can be that extra special teams player along with Smith. With more teams running three receiver sets, the nickel packages are going up in the NFL.

If you only dress 3 RB's, there is a wasted roster spot for the 4th that does not dress. That is why the 4th RB to me is Evans. He has plenty of PS eligibility. If one of Addai, Brown or Carter gets dinged, you have insurance in a guy you like and knows the offense. And who would not be activated until it was necessary.

I would bet a significant amount of cash (at least $1) on Brooks not making the roster.

If you only dress 3 RB's, there is a wasted roster spot for the 4th that does not dress. That is why the 4th RB to me is Evans. He has plenty of PS eligibility. If one of Addai, Brown or Carter gets dinged, you have insurance in a guy you like and knows the offense. And who would not be activated until it was necessary.

I would bet a significant amount of cash (at least $1) on Brooks not making the roster.

This is what I said in the "James or Evans" thread. It don't make sense to carry 4 RB's on the active roster.

Guest BlueShoe

Well that wager might be too steep for me. ;)

See I don't see it as a wasted roster spot when the fourth RB doesn't dress. We can't put James on the practice squad because he played too much last year and we also can't take the chance of putting Carter there. I still have us keeping Spann and Evans on the practice squad which I think they would clear just fine. But losing anyone is a chance when you cut them and resign them to the practice squad.

Again, I think we are saying a lot of the same things here except for Evans making either the 53/PS. It can end up several different ways and we both have good points of view here.

I'll take that wager, well as long as it's Monopoly money. I think the Colts learned their lesson last year and I think they keep 5 on the roster since I believe White will start the season on the PUP I believe that 5th WR will be Brooks. I also think they will keep Gilreath but not as a WR just as a returner and gunner.

Guest BlueShoe

I'll take that wager, well as long as it's Monopoly money. I think the Colts learned their lesson last year and I think they keep 5 on the roster since I believe White will start the season on the PUP I believe that 5th WR will be Brooks. I also think they will keep Gilreath but not as a WR just as a returner and gunner.

Gilreath is the one who is really tough to decide for me. It's just hard to say if it would be better to keep Smith for his special teams play or to keep Gilreath for his return ability. Gilreath is fun to watch but I just can't overlook the value of a block and return for 6 on special teams. I went with Smith because with Gilreath having two years of practice squad eligibility and Smith having none, well to say goodbye to Smith would mean he is gone.

Gilreath is the one who is really tough to decide for me. It's just hard to say if it would be better to keep Smith for his special teams play or to keep Gilreath for his return ability. Gilreath is fun to watch but I just can't overlook the value of a block and return for 6 on special teams. I went with Smith because with Gilreath having two years of practice squad eligibility and Smith having none, well to say goodbye to Smith would mean he is gone.

I can see both sides of the argument. I just think that talent like Smith and Gilreath are a dime a dozen in the NFL and Smith has not shown anything extra this preseason. Whereas Gilreath has been the 1st PR in all the games and has proven to be able to secure the ball and make good decisions. The block and 6 was a highlight play for sure but Smith is not anything special, IMO.

I am really excited about seeing who should be on the roster in a few days. We are looking nice at about every position! I would hope we use only three roster spots on the RB position. I wouldn't be surprised if we move Evans/Span to the PS and cut James. If there is an injury, I think we can

re-sign James. The market was very saturated with RBs this year, and I don't think anyone would pick James up.

Brooks has played well in the pre-season, but I definitely think he will be on the PS and Gilreath will move up. He is a great punt returner and this White on the PUP list, we need his special teams abilities. We will also keep Smith as a WR simply because of his ST skills as well.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see McClendon on the active roster to replace Richard at Center. Pollack can play center is Saturday goes down and McClendon has more experience with the team.

I am not sure Afalava will be replaced by David Caldwell. I'm still kind of uncertain about safety depth. I am excited to see Lefeged, but not sure about Caldwell.

I think we need another LB. There probably will be a cut along the defensive line to add a little bit of security to the LB core.

The rest of your list I agree with. (too bad there is no room for Chick on the D-line) We just have so many people there.

I believe the new CBA did away with the "emergency quarterback."

Yep Colts even gave Foster the start on Friday night. He's played very well. Heck the whole D-line has played well. The Colts ar egoing to have some very ver hard cuts to make there.

I think Foster makes it at DT.

Johnson, Moala, Foster, Harris, Nevis, and Matthews could all make the roster at DT. If I recall Foster also plays special teams which will help his chances.

At end you have Freeney, Mathis, Brayton, Anderson, Hughes, and Chick.

Clearly I don't think we'll keep 12 d-linemen so guys are going to end up cut.

Manning, Collins

Addai, Brown, Carter ®

Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Gonzalez, Gilreath ®

Clark, Tamme, Eldridge, McNeill ®

Castanzo ®, Tepper

Reitz, McClendon

Saturday

Diem, Pollack

Linkenbach, Ilijana ®

Vinitieri

Snow

McAfee

Bethea, Afalava

Bullitt, Lefeged ®, Caldwell

Powers, Lacey, Tryon, Thomas, Rucker ®

Sims, Conner

Brackett, Moten ®

Angerer, Wheeler

Freeney, Anderson, Hughes

Mathis, Brayton

Johnson, Mathews

Nevis ®, Moala, Harris, Foster

Manning, Collins

Addai, Brown, Carter ®

Castanzo ®, Tepper

Reitz, McClendon

Saturday

Diem, Pollack

Linkenbach, Ilijana ®

Vinitieri

Snow

McAfee

Bethea, Afalava

Sims, Conner

Brackett, Moten ®

Angerer, Wheeler

Mathis, Brayton

Johnson, Mathews

Why do you have the 3rd string RG as the backup LT?

Manning, Collins

Addai, Brown, Carter ®

Castanzo ®, Tepper

Reitz, McClendon

Saturday

Diem, Pollack

Linkenbach, Ilijana ®

Vinitieri

Snow

McAfee

Bethea, Afalava

Sims, Conner

Brackett, Moten ®

Angerer, Wheeler

Mathis, Brayton

Johnson, Mathews

You're going to have to add Painter. Polian has already stated we will keep 3 QB's this yr.. That means somebody has to go and my vote would be Foster. I don't think Afalava makes it either. Otherwise I think its pretty close.

Why do you have the 3rd string RG as the backup LT?

My guess would be that Tepper was a T in college and since Diem is going to guard that would leave only Ijalana as the only backup T on the roster. Tepper is one of those guys that could play either spot if forced to.

My guess would be that Tepper was a T in college and since Diem is going to guard that would leave only Ijalana as the only backup T on the roster. Tepper is one of those guys that could play either spot if forced to.

Colts like to do that, draft (or pick up) tackles in college that don't have the feet to be tackles in the NFL and play them at guard. I think Tepper has played well in the preseason but he has not shown the skills to play tackle in the NFL.

Colts like to do that, draft (or pick up) tackles in college that don't have the feet to be tackles in the NFL and play them at guard. I think Tepper has played well in the preseason but he has not shown the skills to play tackle in the NFL.

Hopefully we will never have to find out. Im hoping Ijalana takes Links spot pretty quick and everybody stays healthy.

Hopefully we will never have to find out. Im hoping Ijalana takes Links spot pretty quick and everybody stays healthy.

This is one situation I will never understand. I know the coaches have access to a lot more information about a player than I do as a fan, but there has to be some additional weight given to game performances and there is no way that I can see that Link is better at RT than Pollack is at RG. I like Pollack better than most on this board and even I think he is just a "good" guard, I don't think he's does anything at an elite level, but re-watching all the preseason games this year and the regular season last year with game rewind, I just do not see that Link is even average, let alone good.

And watching Ijalana, while I don't think he could do worse than Link, he is not ready. You can see in his movements that he is thinking too much and not playing, so I don't have any thoughts of him getting playing time this year unless there is; an injury.

This is one situation I will never understand. I know the coaches have access to a lot more information about a player than I do as a fan, but there has to be some additional weight given to game performances and there is no way that I can see that Link is better at RT than Pollack is at RG. I like Pollack better than most on this board and even I think he is just a "good" guard, I don't think he's does anything at an elite level, but re-watching all the preseason games this year and the regular season last year with game rewind, I just do not see that Link is even average, let alone good.

And watching Ijalana, while I don't think he could do worse than Link, he is not ready. You can see in his movements that he is thinking too much and not playing, so I don't have any thoughts of him getting playing time this year unless there is; an injury.

It's not just Pollack vs Link. There are other factors at work.

For starters you can give a right tackle more help than you can give a right guard with Eldridge and Addai chipping.

Second, Link is a stop gap till Ijalana is ready, once he's ready you might very well see a huge jump in right tackle play. Pollack is a stop gap to nothing because we don't have anythng better than him other than Diem.

Third, it's huge for an o-line to jell and the less starters you have to change the better. When the time comes for Ijalana to play it'll be easier to switch one player on the line rather than two which is what you would have to do if you put Pollack out there and slide Diem over to right guard then.

Fourth, it could be the Colts want to groom Pollack this year to be Saturday's replacement next year and can see him at guard isn't working so maybe him at his natural poistion is the answer.

We really have four out of five starters on the o-line. Hopefully Ijalana develops and becomes our fifth starter and then I think we'll have the beginings of a solid line for years to cmoe although we are going to have to replace Saturday and Diem probably after this season.