Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

texans could lose

SLILLINGTON10

You have to ask the question of how much were they dedicated to the Jets passing game? None of their(the Jets) receivers could sit on the bench for the Colts. I think they were more focused on the running game. With that being said, I've always been on record saying I didn't totally respect anybody they(Texans) have in their secondary other than Joseph. They would have some problems without the talent they have in their front 7. I respect the Texans, but those who are Texans fans in this forum know that I've said several times we could beat them.

KJ is straight up playing lights out this year. JJ has had a groin issue which I think was bothering him last night. We now have two shutdown corners.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was talking corners, sorry Manning! Yes he's an all-pro. Quin is a great slot corner and McCain shows his talent he just needs more consistency. Our backfield is full of talent.

Oh sorry bro that post wasn't directed at you, it was for the poster who said that our secondary isn't respectable. Quin is great at safety and in the slot and McCain has definitely improved since he first got here. I would like some consistency as well, but that's what Wade is here for hahaha.

Oh yeah, that Peyton guy is just a total scrub. I mean, everyone predicted that the Texans would win against him and his 14-2 record, right? So what you're saying is that you expect us to lose to a QB that lost to a lesser defense than the one we have. Interesting. The defense we have is the kind that gives QBs like Brady fits. Our offense is still one of the best in the league, and I'd take them anyday over the Patriots defense. We are a little bit more special than any other team, except, of course, the Falcons. I think you can figure that one out.

Maybe...but if/when you play NE in the playoffs remember this. You will be playing the Patriots AND the refs. They would rather have Tom Brady and his east coast market in the big game, period.

Maybe...but if/when you play NE in the playoffs remember this. You will be playing the Patriots AND the refs. They would rather have Tom Brady and his east coast market in the big game, period.

Yes, sadly, this is the truth. I wonder if I can have a petition to get the replacements back in the postseason this year. haha But seeing the Patriots in the SB is getting kind of old...I wouldn't mind seeing Brady get another ring, he probably will anyway, but I hope it's not this year lol.

Yes, sadly, this is the truth. I wonder if I can have a petition to get the replacements back in the postseason this year. hahaBut seeing the Patriots in the SB is getting kind of old...I wouldn't mind seeing Brady get another ring, he probably will anyway, but I hope it's not this year lol.

I don't the league gets sick of it lol. And if an NFC East team happens to get in the SB then oh boy....the Pats vs. an NFC East team is too much to handle! I also think they would adore Brady vs. his boyhood team and the Niners. Can't you just hear it already? Brady going for #4 to tie Montana vs. the 49ers.

Hey Houston can do it but don't lose too many more starters. And also you will just have to play your butts off. Of course it is far too early to talk about any of this but I don't think anyone would be stunned if NE or Houston get in. Thats the AFCCG I thought would happen last year anyway if Schaub didn't go down.

So let's see...before you guys played GB, they "looked beatable", "not the same QB"..but after you beat them they go back to being one of the best teams in the NFC and we could easily lose against them. I love it.

At least we managed to score a touchdown this week, unlike the Ravens.

well since you told us the only way we had a chance against the Packers was if they over looked us I think it's safe to say you didn't even think they looked beatable for us going into the game.

I don't the league gets sick of it lol. And if an NFC East team happens to get in the SB then oh boy....the Pats vs. an NFC East team is too much to handle! I also think they would adore Brady vs. his boyhood team and the Niners. Can't you just hear it already? Brady going for #4 to tie Montana vs. the 49ers.

Hey Houston can do it but don't lose too many more starters. And also you will just have to play your butts off. Of course it is far too early to talk about any of this but I don't think anyone would be stunned if NE or Houston get in. Thats the AFCCG I thought would happen last year anyway if Schaub didn't go down.

I forgot about the whole Brady/49er twist on things. Yes, the media would love that one...it'd be even better than Brady vs. Romo, the little QB that could hahaha. I'm still waiting for Manning v.s. Manning, the big brother out to prove to the little brother who is really the best on the game's biggest stage. Now that would be a media hailstorm. Please no more NFC East teams either..I'm just sick of it, sick! Lol but yeah, hopefully there aren't anymore significant injuries on our side...From now, on, we're playing for Cush.

well since you told us the only way we had a chance against the Packers was if they over looked us I think it's safe to say you didn't even think they looked beatable for us going into the game.

Unfortunately for the Texans, the Packers are going to be hungry for a win and looking to impose their will on their next opponent.

That, coupled with a less than stellar Houston pass defense that had trouble dealing with Mark Sanchez of all people.....I see Rogers having a big day on Sunday. I gotta tell you, this was the first time this year I watched a full Texans game. After hearing all the hype about them, I came away less than impressed. Stagnant offense for the last 2/3 of the game; suspect pass defense.

I forgot about the whole Brady/49er twist on things. Yes, the media would love that one...it'd be even better than Brady vs. Romo, the little QB that could hahaha. I'm still waiting for Manning v.s. Manning, the big brother out to prove to the little brother who is really the best on the game's biggest stage. Now that would be a media hailstorm. Please no more NFC East teams either..I'm just sick of it, sick! Lol but yeah, hopefully there aren't anymore significant injuries on our side...From now, on, we're playing for Cush.

People have been talking about a Manning SB since Eli came in the league but I never wanted one and I still don't:

1) I would feel bad for either brother losing.

2) I would get sick of hearing like it's QB vs. QB for 2 weeks as if the players around each QB are nonexistant.

3) I would feel bad for the parents.

4) home videos-can only take so much watching Peyton and Eli playing lovingly in their backyard as kids before one of their defenses massacres the other with the world watching.

The only good thing would be for two weeks you can tell people, "My money is on Manning winning it."

.From now, on, we're playing for Cush.

EXCUSE ME. We are playing for Pagano and now you are trying to take our story line? Sigh. ;) Next thing we know you guys will be using mirror when Rodgers is on the field. :rollseyes:

Oh and Vance, YOUR WELCOME. We softened up the Packers for you guys.Perhaps physically AND mentally depending on how they can bounce back.

People have been talking about a Manning SB since Eli came in the league but I never wanted one and I still don't:

1) I would feel bad for either brother losing.

2) I would get sick of hearing like it's QB vs. QB for 2 weeks as if the players around each QB are nonexistant.

3) I would feel bad for the parents.

4) home videos-can only take so much watching Peyton and Eli playing lovingly in their backyard as kids before one of their defenses massacres the other with the world watching.

The only good thing would be for two weeks you can tell people, "My money is on Manning winning it."

EXCUSE ME. We are playing for Pagano and now you are trying to take our story line? Sigh. ;) Next thing we know you guys will be using mirror when Rodgers is on the field. :rollseyes:

Oh and Vance, YOUR WELCOME. We softened up the Packers for you guys.Perhaps physically AND mentally depending on how they can bounce back.

Yeah you're right about the Manning thing. Archie and his wife would be torn hahaha. Well one could wear orange and the other blue, I suppose. And yes, my money would be on Manning. :goodluck: We're playing at night on Sunday though, so sadly, no mirrors. We do have a Watt though, that should help immensely. :D

Gosh, you people. Firstly, that was a joke. Pretty obvious since I said it was a joke, or do you only pay attention to the posts that benefit your statement?

And I'm fairly sure most of the country didn't think you would win.

Unfortunately for the Texans, the Packers are going to be hungry for a win and looking to impose their will on their next opponent.

That, coupled with a less than stellar Houston pass defense that had trouble dealing with Mark Sanchez of all people.....I see Rogers having a big day on Sunday. I gotta tell you, this was the first time this year I watched a full Texans game. After hearing all the hype about them, I came away less than impressed. Stagnant offense for the last 2/3 of the game; suspect pass defense.

Name me one team that has a better record than 2-2 that hasn't had a B game all year. You can't name one. End of story. Obvious Texan hater is obvious.

Tomlinson jumps out at you a LOT more on tape than Foster does despite both being awfully effective, very talented backs. Foster also had just about everything that could go wrong to a draft hopeful go wrong to him. He had a disappointing senior season, pulled a hamstring and subsequently ran a 4.71 in front of NFL scouts, wasn't spoken of very highly by his college coaching staff, and had a drunk and disorderly arrest on his record from his sophomore season. That's a lot of black marks going into the draft but, as it turns out, the only thing not to like about Foster now that he's an NFL player is that he's vegan.

i have seen some pretty questionable players go real late; risk/reward i guess.

Gosh, you people. Firstly, that was a joke. Pretty obvious since I said it was a joke, or do you only pay attention to the posts that benefit your statement?

And I'm fairly sure most of the country didn't think you would win.

Make no mistake: If the Colts win this, it will be because the Packers looked ahead of you to their next game. And I expect many thanks from all of you in that regard.

No where in that post do you say it was a joke. After some digging I found where you said it was a joke when someone else called you on it. That should probably tell you that it didn't come across as a joke and it wasn't funny. That's why when most people say something like this on a forum and mean it as a joke they say I am joking or just kidding or something at the end of it to let people know it was a joke. You did not which leads me to think it wasn't a joke when you said it based on your posting history and enjoying of needling Colts fans and only became a joke when you got the reaction you wanted from it. Also yes I do pay attention to posts so no need to insult me because I just pointed out your own words.

Also I did not claim that most of the country thought we could win I agree most people were shocked by the win with that said you didn't hear most of the country saying the only way the Colts can win is if the Packers over look them either. Also since most of the country and most Colts fans for that matter thought the Packers would beat the Colts on Sunday they aren't exactly reversing course to say the Packers are good team now like you were saying Colts fans were doing earlier. Most of them felt like they were a good team going in.

Name me one team that has a better record than 2-2 that hasn't had a B game all year. You can't name one. End of story. Obvious Texan hater is obvious.

Dude why make it personal? All he did was given you his opinion on the subject. He didn't go out of his way to insult your team. He just said he felt the Packers are gong to be hungry on Sunday for a win which they will be and would be no matter who they were playing and said he was less than impressed with what he saw from your team on Monday night. Sorry he's aloud to feel that way and there is nothing wrong with him for feeling that way I got news for you too the guys doing the game on the radio on Monday night said they weren't exactly impressed with the way the Texans played on Monday night. It wasn't their best game. Rather that means they will show up like against the Packers or not remains to be seen with that said there is nothing wrong with him saying he wasn't impressed with what he saw on Monday night. Just because he feels that way does not mean he's a Texans hater. I've told you before that I liked the Texans and have been impressed with them namely the game I saw when they played the Broncos and I said I thought they were the best team in the AFC. With that said if the only time I had seen the Texans was the Monday Night game like this poster said I could see why he was less than impressed with them.

Dude why make it personal? All he did was given you his opinion on the subject. He didn't go out of his way to insult your team. He just said he felt the Packers are gong to be hungry on Sunday for a win which they will be and would be no matter who they were playing and said he was less than impressed with what he saw from your team on Monday night. Sorry he's aloud to feel that way and there is nothing wrong with him for feeling that way I got news for you too the guys doing the game on the radio on Monday night said they weren't exactly impressed with the way the Texans played on Monday night. It wasn't their best game. Rather that means they will show up like against the Packers or not remains to be seen with that said there is nothing wrong with him saying he wasn't impressed with what he saw on Monday night. Just because he feels that way does not mean he's a Texans hater. I've told you before that I liked the Texans and have been impressed with them namely the game I saw when they played the Broncos and I said I thought they were the best team in the AFC. With that said if the only time I had seen the Texans was the Monday Night game like this poster said I could see why he was less than impressed with them.

Why are you intercepting posts not meant for you?

And Dr. Karl's reputation is well known to me. I don't forget things easily.

"After some digging"? It was in the same thread, like 4 posts down. Fail.

Yes after some digging meaning I had to go back and look for it because it was not in the post when you made the comment. I don't think you were joking when you said that and judging by some others reaction to it I am not the only one who seemed to feel that way. So if you were joking my suggestion to you would be to state that when you say something like that in the future because tone and sarcasm doesn't come across real well on a message board.

Either way back to the point I was making by bringing that up. Colts fans still saying hey the Packers are a good team isn't exactly reversing course just because we happened to beat them on Sunday. Most of us felt that way going in and again using the post you made as an example joking or not I have feeling you thought they were pretty good going in as well.

I'll say this is Packers play like they did in the first half vs. us and if the Texans play like they did on Monday night yes the Texans will lose. With that said if the Packers play like they did in the second half vs us and the Texans play like they did vs. the Broncos then the Texans will win. Frankly I am looking forward to watching the game on Sunday Night because I think it will be a good game that could go either way.

Why are you intercepting posts not meant for you?

And Dr. Karl's reputation is well known to me. I don't forget things easily.

I am not intercepting all your posts in case you haven't noticed I haven't really responded to anything to you said in a couple of weeks till tonight. I just happened to see this one tonight and thought you made something personal that didn't need to be personal. Rather you forget or not he didn't say anything in his post here to warrant that response from you just like when I have stuck up for you in the past when people have taken shots at you that weren't fair based on how they feel about you from other threads.

I am not intercepting all your posts in case you haven't noticed I haven't really responded to anything to you said in a couple of weeks till tonight. I just happened to see this one tonight and thought you made something personal that didn't need to be personal. Rather you forget or not he didn't say anything in his post here to warrant that response from you just like when I have stuck up for you in the past when people have taken shots at you that weren't fair based on how they feel about you from other threads.

Enjoy the rest of the show.

I'm not even worried about the Texans to be honest..the chance of us tying with them for 1st place is real small..I have my eyes on the two teams that occupy the 5th and 6th seed..The Bengals and Steelers have a tough stretch coming up so if either them slip up we are in the playoff discussion. I expect it to be a 3 way battle with them while the Chargers and Broncos duke it out for the 4th seed..

As much as I hate the Texans they look pretty unstoppable.......for now..

I'm not even worried about the Texans to be honest..the chance of us tying with them for 1st place is real small..I have my eyes on the two teams that occupy the 5th and 6th seed..The Bengals and Steelers have a tough stretch coming up so if either them slip up we are in the playoff discussion. I expect it to be a 3 way battle with them while the Chargers and Broncos duke it out for the 4th seed..

As much as I hate the Texans they look pretty unstoppable.......for now..

I am just worried about the Jets on Sunday. I honestly think they are going to be better than people think they will be and this will only be the second road game of Andrew Luck's career. Also it will be their first road game without coach and frankly the emotion they were able to draw on at home last Sunday will not be there on the road.

The Jets are going to be looking at this game as a chance to get things going again and say what we will about the Texans the Jets had a hand in the Texans offensive struggles on Monday night. While they Jets couldn't slow down Foster they all but took Johnson out of the game. I am sure they will be looking to do the same to Reggie on Sunday and we haven't exactly seen someone else step up and prove and they can be a solid second option from week-to-week.

It's true the Jets offense isn't much to write home about but if they play wildcat and stopping the run is still the Colts weakness. Frankly our strength is stopping the pass and since that is the Jets weakness they are going to try to avoid going to air as much as they can and probably try to attack us with the run. If the Jets can come into Indianapolis and beat a better Colts team in the playoffs two years ago you better believe they are capable of beating the Colts on Sunday. This isn't going to be the cake walk I think some are expecting it to be.

This game has all the earmarks of a potential let down game for a young team for a team that is going to be playing for it's lives on Sunday. While this game is very winnable game for the Colts it's also a very dangerous game for the Colts as well.

He's playing better, but don't turn him into a shutdown corner. He is not that.

Agreed. He's okay, I suppose, but based on what I saw last night, he has much work to do. He gave his man ALOTt of openings.

He is defininitely someone that Rogers/Brady/Stafford or whatever good qb they play from here on out will pick on. Unfortunately for them, they ain't playin' Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker or Ryan Tannehill this weekend. It's about to be tough sleddin'.

You are crazy if you think the Colts and Texans will both be 8-8 going into the final game. There are only 16 games in the season so if they were both 8-8 then they'd have already played all their games :P lol Just teasing you a bit. I get the point you were trying to make, that the final game could decide the division. I still think that would be unlikely but stranger things have happened. :)

ha, i dont know why i said 8-8 i guess i was caught in the moment haha. thanks for catching that.

You are crazy if you think the Colts and Texans will both be 8-8 going into the final game. There are only 16 games in the season so if they were both 8-8 then they'd have already played all their games :P lol Just teasing you a bit. I get the point you were trying to make, that the final game could decide the division. I still think that would be unlikely but stranger things have happened. :)

ha, i dont know why i said 8-8 i guess i was caught in the moment haha. thanks for catching that.

Agreed. He's okay, I suppose, but based on what I saw last night, he has much work to do. He gave his man ALOTt of openings.

He is defininitely someone that Rogers/Brady/Stafford or whatever good qb they play from here on out will pick on. Unfortunately for them, they ain't playin' Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker or Ryan Tannehill this weekend. It's about to be tough sleddin'.

He's gotten better to the point he doesn't embarass himself. He had an okay game against Peyton.

He had a hiccup here or there, but overall he did okay.

KJ is straight up playing lights out this year. JJ has had a groin issue which I think was bothering him last night. We now have two shutdown corners.

I see they just gave Trindon Holiday his walking papers.

texans-35.png Texans | Trindon Holliday released Wed Oct 10, 12:37 PM

The Houston Texans have released WR Trindon Holliday.

Our view: Holliday wasn't getting it done as a return man. He'll have a difficult time catching on with another team as a return specialist. The Texans could use rookie WR Keshawn Martin as their returner.

Link to story

Trindon Holliday player page

I see they just gave Trindon Holiday his walking papers.

texans-35.png Texans | Trindon Holliday released Wed Oct 10, 12:37 PM

The Houston Texans have released WR Trindon Holliday.

Our view: Holliday wasn't getting it done as a return man. He'll have a difficult time catching on with another team as a return specialist. The Texans could use rookie WR Keshawn Martin as their returner.

Link to story

Trindon Holliday player page

Nah, Forsett's up next as the KR.

Tough sledding for Rodgers. We played Manning pretty good and I'm sure our defense respects him much more than the Packers. Expect a W and a continued win streak this weekend for the AFC leaders.

Yep, shifty, quick, and expendable. We can't afford to lose Martin to some boneheaded play on ST. At least, I wouldn't expect Kubiak to take that chance.

I had forgotten Forsett used to play for the Colts for about a month back in 2008. We picked him up in September and he was gone by October. Caldwell and the boys for some reason always like to leave us with bums as kickoff returners. If we had someone with potential like Forsett, we always got rid of them soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Forsett

I had forgotten Forsett used to play for the Colts for about a month back in 2008. We picked him up in September and he was gone by October. Caldwell and the boys for some reason always like to leave us with bums as kickoff returners. If we had someone with potential like Forsett, we always got rid of them soon.

http://en.wikipedia..../Justin_Forsett

Who was his replacement? Maybe it was a good decision at the time hahaha.

Congrats to the Colts. U guys played a good 2nd half. Packers will have their hands full. Benson is out for about 8 weeks so Green & Starks need to step it up big time. If the Jets can almost beat the Texans then as long as the Packers play 60 min we got a good shot at winning. This is a must win for us