Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D Tackle Play

OJl

I am starting to think that DT won't be a weakness this year? We'll see what happens but so far we have seen our DTs play some quality snaps! Drake Nevis has been the star for the DTs and he didn't disappoint last night. But it was good to see Tommie Harris in there and doing what every colts fan knew the D needed all along: a DT who can bring a push up the middle! With Freeney and Mathis forcing QBs to step up into the pocket, all we need is a DT who can beat his man 1-on-1 and get into the QBs face. Harris' sack was a perfect example of that. Antonio Johnson also has looked strong after his injury riddled 2010 season.

Im really liking what I see from Nevis. Harris impressed me too. Matthews was awful. Didn't see Moala. Johnson didn't do anything special. Starters should be:

Johnson Harris

Moala Nevis

Gill

Nevis should rotate in quite a bit. Moala should be on the losing end of the stick. Gill barely makes it in.

We have got consistent pressure on the QB for the last 2 games. Which is very encouraging

YES!!!! That is by far the most impressive defensive perfomance I've seen from our colts in some time! Yes the pressure was fantastic, but some of the little things that we don't always see. The tackling was much better, did you guys see Angerer keep Rodgers from getting past the line of scrimmage when he tried to juke him? Or Harris come through the line and having the awarness to put his hand up to stop the shovel pass? AND Simms was all over the place!!! I think the weakest link on defense right now is Lacey. I think Tryon is a better corner . . . what do you guys think?

Im really liking what I see from Nevis. Harris impressed me too. Matthews was awful. Didn't see Moala. Johnson didn't do anything special. Starters should be:

Johnson Harris

Moala Nevis

Gill

Nevis should rotate in quite a bit. Moala should be on the losing end of the stick. Gill barely makes it in.

I think the starters will still be Johnson and Moala. If Harris's "special skill" is getting to the QB, and with his injury history he may play more on passing downs - perhaps alongside Anderson? And Nevis seems to be getting snaps at nose tackle as well, and don't forget Foster who while undersized has some serious speed and a knack for big plays.

I thought that Matthews looked very good in the last game, so this was a bit disappointing. I wouldn't expect him to be cut just yet. The fact is that the Colts have dramatically more options than we've seen in eons. Very exiting.

The DT's done pretty good last night as long as the right one's are in there. In my opinion the best DT's on the roster are Harris and Nevis. Johnson and Moala done ok, but nothing special. I liked the hustle of Gil, and once again I will say what many don't like to hear, but Foster should not be in the DT rotation.

The DT's looked great!!! Looks like its starting to gell, more time together should lead to some great play and be really, really fun to watch. Nevis really, really looks to be panning out and I think with proper playing time and experience is going to be a major force. Really! In case you can't tell I've been quite excited about this dline, and last night I really got to see more than just individual greatness and effort, but collected greatness and effort. Harris was involved with a lot of the disruptment, loved the effort in the screen play he almost blew up, and would have been great to see the interception, but the effort was there for sure. Gonna be a blast watching this line this year, the better the interior is the better DFreak, and Mathis are gonna be. This is the year where we finally come up with a name for these guys.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really hope Tommie Harris makes this team. If we cut him, we will have a weaker defense for it. We haven't had a guy capable of getting a push up the middle like he does since Freeney and Mathis have beer here. He makes their jobs MUCH easier, and they should be his biggest advocates to make the team. Teams always step up in the pocket on us to neutralize Freeney and Mathis. With a guy like Harris, QBs are often forced to step out of the pocket and it's easy pickens for the best two pass rushers off of the ends in the game today.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really hope Tommie Harris makes this team. If we cut him, we will have a weaker defense for it. We haven't had a guy capable of getting a push up the middle like he does since Freeney and Mathis have beer here. He makes their jobs MUCH easier, and they should be his biggest advocates to make the team. Teams always step up in the pocket on us to neutralize Freeney and Mathis. With a guy like Harris, QBs are often forced to step out of the pocket and it's easy pickens for the best two pass rushers off of the ends in the game today.

I think harris has made the team,barring a injury.

Yea I think Harris solidified himself a spot on the roster after last nights performance IMO. I was also very impressed with Anderson's disruption on running plays. Hopefully our front 7 can help our young corners out (Lacey in particular) by getting pressure.