Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CUT IT OUT PEOPLE: (RUN GAME)

Michael Lebron

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the whole thread I'm talking about why we need to move on from Brown next year cant move the chains on 3rd down, the tape on Brown that I'm talking about to me suggest that Brown is not a vary consistent back who cant get u those tough yards but as I said earlier I hope I'm wrong and Brown proves other wise

so you would have gave up on Adrian Peterson for only having 54 yards through 4 quarters vs Jacksonville despite his speed and agility to break a big gainer?

No, I'm not sure what you asking me ,I'm saying that u don't have to run a lot but when u do it needs to be effective

No, I'm not sure what you asking me ,I'm saying that u don't have to run a lot but when u do it needs to be effective

can you name for me a running back that has been effective running it for 9 times recently? even if you can name for me a running back you cant deny Brown was effective in his 9 runs (48 yards or 5.3 per carry)

can you name for me a running back that has been effective running it for 9 times recently? even if you can name for me a running back you cant deny Brown was effective in his 9 runs (48 yards or 5.3 per carry)

I I agree with you we need to run more I was talking about saints an pat and greenbay

No. He was effective on 2 runs. Two that gave him basically half of his rushing yards. He's extremely inconsistent. The other runs he was non-existent. And i'm not sure why you're so happy he averaged 5.3 ypc on only 9 runs. That's a tiny workload to examine. I would rather see him be consistent on 15-20 runs with a 5.3 ypc. Which probably won't happen.

No. He was effective on 2 runs. Two that gave him basically half of his rushing yards. He's extremely inconsistent. The other runs he was non-existent. And i'm not sure why you're so happy he averaged 5.3 ypc on only 9 runs. That's a tiny workload to examine. I would rather see him be consistent on 15-20 runs with a 5.3 ypc. Which probably won't happen.

No it wont likely happen your right just like it wont likely happen for any other running back ever, Brown had positive yards on 5 of his 9 runs. AP also got 8 more carries and ran for negative yards 3 times, AP broke for 10 or more yards twice which is the same as Donald if you dont like his workload take it up with Arians (I didnt like it)

No it wont likely happen your right just like it wont likely happen for any other running back ever, Brown had positive yards on 5 of his 9 runs. AP also got 8 more carries and ran for negative yards 3 times, AP broke for 10 or more yards twice which is the same as Donald if you dont like his workload take it up with Arians (I didnt like it)

First of all. AP is a trillion times better than Brown. His track record proves it. What's the point you are trying to prove? And yes running backs have averaged 5.3 ypc on 15-20 runs before. Has happened numerous times. For example: Foster's 233 yard performance against us 2 years ago. He averaged 7 ypc. We will never see consistency anywhere near that from Brown. Your reasoning is kind of odd. Do you think DB is on the same level as AP because they both broke 2 10+ yard runs last week??

First of all. AP is a trillion times better than Brown. His track record proves it. What's the point you are trying to prove? And yes running backs have averaged 5.3 ypc on 15-20 runs before. Has happened numerous times. For example: Foster's 233 yard performance against us 2 years ago. He averaged 7 ypc. We will never see consistency anywhere near that from Brown. Your reasoning is kind of odd. Do you think DB is on the same level as AP because they both broke 2 10+ yard runs last week??

1.what Peterson track record shows is that Peterson has gotten 1073 more carries then Donald Brown

2.your right we wont see that from Brown unless we get a decent O Line to block for him.

3.Many of the times AP has a fullback blocking for him (just like he got on many of his carries vs the Jags)

4.I am saying Brown has the skill to be as good as AP yes your correct but he has to get the blocking

5.Donald Brown averaged 4.8 ypc last year on 134 carries the guy can run, if he would have had almost as many carries as MJD then Brown would have won the rushing title based on his 4.8 to MJD 4.7 YPC, bottom line if he dont get a decent amount of carries its unfair to judge and 350 sporadic carries over 3 complete seasons is not enough but if it was 1471 yards (his career total) would have put him 2nd in the league last year. bottom line is he needs the ball more so we really know what he is capable, he has made the most of his carries in my opinion

If we take Manning's two Super Bowl runs away, then he's just a regular season chucker. Massaging stats to suit an argument is a waste of time....