Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Community Scouting (Every Pitches in on Reports for draft prospects)

The DE Gardner is causing problems for SC.

I got 2 questions, 1st, Who was sticking Justin Hunter in the Tennesse Game today. And did anybody check out Ronald Powell and Matt Elam.

2nd. What the heck is wrong with Lane Kiffen and what is his beef with fieldgoals?

USC's kicker is hurt. Had arthroscopic knee surgery. Out at least 3 weeks. With USC on limited scholarships due to probation, they don't have another scholarship quality kicker. They've got walk-ons. That's why Kiffin is reluctant to let his back-up kicker kick any FG's....

Hope that clarifies....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember these names. Andre Walker, Chris Hobbi and Josh Martinez...because they will Never Play for an NFL team.

I've never seen a 3 man rush get consistant pressure before.

Stephon the RB out of Stanford Looks better than Lattimore IMHO, but sad day for USC fans.

Don't let the 21-14 score fool you, This was an outright Massacre

As a Stanford fan, and to be fair to USC.... we rarely rushed just three guys. We blitzed a lot. We really did. And USC was without their best OL, who is their center.... and, as you saw, the rest of their OL struggled badly without him. I wouldn't write off those guys from the NFL just yet.... give them some time and their starting center back, and they'll get better. How much better is the unknown.

But Stanford brought great pressure on the OL and put tremendous pressure on Barkley. USC people were saying that might've been the most pressure Barkley has ever faced since arriving at USC.

Stanford's defense is very, very under-rated. Likely one of the 10 best in the country. Strange, I know, we're not known for our defense.

Oh, and that 7 foot tight end we have? Toilolo... (pronounced: Toy-low-low) he's actually 6'8+".... and 265 and very athletic. Suffered a major knee injury two years ago and is just now regaining is full athleticism. He's a real force. Can block and receive exceptionally well.

Last Saturday night was a fun, fun night. Always good when the Evil Empire loses.... :thmup:

USC's kicker is hurt. Had arthroscopic knee surgery. Out at least 3 weeks. With USC on limited scholarships due to probation, they don't have another scholarship quality kicker. They've got walk-ons. That's why Kiffin is reluctant to let his back-up kicker kick any FG's....

Hope that clarifies....

That's bull crap...because he doesn't even kick Extra points...going for 2 for no reason sometimes...like @ syracuse. Lame Kiffen just doesn't trust anybody that isn't a hiesmen hopful.

Our first loss with him as head coach he said..and I quoute "We need more than Just 2 people playing football out there" In reference to Woods and Barkely...Kiffen is the worst coach in the country. and I said, Toilolu Looks like he's 8 feet. If Neewby can get accurate high balls to him...It's literally Indefensible.

What if we got Toilolo in like the 4th round? Would anyone be mad about that?

Two likely flaws with that scenario...

First, I don't think Toilolo lasts until the 4th round... that assumes he stays healthy....

Second, and this is more important from a Colts stand-point... we already have a 2nd and 3rd round picks invested in that one position. You don't want to over-invest in that one spot. You need a quality free agent, or an undrafted FA like we have now.

Our draft choices, especially 4th and higher, have to be used in so many other areas of need (and we really do have so many other areas of need) that we can't use another high pick on another TE.

And I say that as someone who is a big fan of both of Stanford's top two tight ends... both Toilolo and Ertz, who scored the game winning TD against USC on about a 35-yard pass and run. Very good players, both should do well in the NFL.

Im gonna watch the Arizona vs Oregon game as well even though Freeupfreeny is but Im from Arizona and Im a big University of Arizona fan and Ill be watching the game anyway. Also Ill be looking at Clemson and FSU, both of those teams are very intriguing.

I think, I'm not sure, I might Watch the Utah Vs Arizona State game instead of Oregon and Arizona...because I want to check out Star some more...I forgot to mention he had a blocked FG but it got overturned because the Crowed rushed onto the field while the ball was still live.

Whens the Utah game

7:00pm Pacific Standard Time, 10 EST

Watching the Colorodo Washington State Game..Marques Wilson just got an easy TD...and there is a Freshman RB name Caldwell that got some serious Wheels and agility....And there is a Freshman from Colorodo named Josh Tupou...who is a NT......Beast mode...they can't block him...and At 325 he looks like he runs under a 4.9 fourty.

Anybody here watched this guy Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia? He looks real impressive! I know he's only 5'11 but he's 193 pounds and he clearly shows he can be physical at that size. I mean look at how he blocks the LSU corner at about 1:48 in this video. He runs good routes has good hand and he's fast. He seem to play taller than his size will indicate. He finds a way to snag balls even with defenders up over him. Doesnt seem to waste time in his cuts and is elusive. Its said that he would make a good slot guy but he plays outside alot and it seems he does pretty well. As I said he seems to have tha physicality and strenth to do it. I know were looking good at WR right now, but if we do end up looking at another one in this draft by some chance I wouldnt mind this guy. I'd prefer a solid guy with legit size but If we stick to our small and fast theme that our staff seems to like this could be a solid option.

Anybody here watched this guy Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia? He looks real impressive! I know he's only 5'11 but he's 193 pounds and he clearly shows he can be physical at that size. I mean look at how he blocks the LSU corner at about 1:48 in this video. He runs good routes has good hand and he's fast. He seem to play taller than his size will indicate. He finds a way to snag balls even with defenders up over him. Doesnt seem to waste time in his cuts and is elusive. Its said that he would make a good slot guy but he plays outside alot and it seems he does pretty well. As I said he seems to have tha physicality and strenth to do it. I know were looking good at WR right now, but if we do end up looking at another one in this draft by some chance I wouldnt mind this guy. I'd prefer a solid guy with legit size but If we stick to our small and fast theme that our staff seems to like this could be a solid option.

Here is the video

http://youtu.be/c87geG8L1lM

Well, I dont know why Kennan Allen is rated so high, he wasn't even lined up against Nickell Robey.

T.J made a good interception...but in all honestly, the man he should have been covering was wide open at the back of the endzone...but Maynard missed it.

Barkley looked Pedestrian....so did Woods....But that's a coaching thing....They rarely run routes that are longer than 15 yards....lots and lots and lots and lots of slants and outs for 5 yards.

Missed the first 14 points that clemson made, but Rhodes looks pretty agressive, so does lamarcus joyner...who lined up against Wtakins man to man and threw him down....he reminds me of Bob Sanders a little.

Rhodes gave up a TD, as he was locked up against his man, but the TE came underneath uncovered and he had to drop off, but was too late.

I cant' comment too much, I missed most of the 1st Quarter.

I dont know if any of you are watching The WV vs Baylor game which has been a shootout. The guy from WV I like WR Stedman Bailey has 13 catches for 303 yds and 5Tds a school record. Definatley adynamic big play threat anx just a solid WR. Always seems to get open. Tavon Austin has done Awsome as well. Geno Smith Continues to show poise and accuracy and runs the offense to near perfection. Some good players at WV.

Baylors Terrence Williams has had a a career day with 17 catches for 314 yds and 2Tds. Awsome game from him.

I told you guys a 2 weeks ago about Geno.

Vaccaro from Texas Looks pretty bad today from the highlights i'm watching...bad tackling and coverage...that's a double wammy. Anybody watch the game to confirm.

Xavier Rhodes got another pick, and Desmond Trufuant did on Friday. Didn't watch the Washington Stanford game but I heard Trufant did pretty good.

But Xavier Rhodes and Lamarcus journer are the absolute truth. Rhodes is my highest rated corner.

Next week Florida st plays NC state so I get to watch both Rhodes and David Amerson, and we can put the conversation to rest right there who is the better of the two.

I missed a lot of games this weekend, been busy with my son.

I think Smith just became the leader for the #1 pick!!! If we picks first, we will get a boatload of picks!!

Two problems....

1. Doubt we pick first. If we do, we're in serious trouble.

2. Doubt Gino goes first. That's not an NFL offense he plays in, nor are those good defenses that he's going against.

Two problems....

2. Doubt Gino goes first. That's not an NFL offense he plays in, nor are those good defenses that he's going against.

If he plays well against Texas, he will definitely be in the running. It would be best for us in the long haul if we have the #1 pick.

Two problems....

Same conference as RG3, better player in a system similar to that of RG3. That being said, I didn't think RG3 was worthy of even being in the same draft as Luck.

Millner is certainly having himself quite a 2nd quarter vs Ole Miss, a sack and an interception and its still early in the 2nd quarter

I told you all! He is the best corner in the draft! Called it!

Also, I've been watching the Washington State-Oregon game. Don't think he has a sack, but Dion Jordan has been disruptive, and Gabe Marks (true Frosh for Wash St) looks like a tall Wes Welker, insanely quick and elusive.

Two problems....

exactly. case keenum ring a bell? his oc at houston is now the head coach at west virginia....

You sir just earned my respect. Seriously wish we had our 2nd round pick so we could use it to pick Byndom. But Stephen Gilmore was rated as a 2-3 round prospect this time last year and he went in the top 10 by April.

The hi-lighted portion is a very important point.

Rankings now don't count for much. At this point last year Stanford's OT Jonathan Martin was on most top-10 lists, no worse than top-12. He wound up going 42nd overall. Not bad. Top 10 in the 2nd round. But a fall of roughly 30 spots. And that is common. Happens multiple times every draft. So while it's fun to speculate, it's often not very accurate.

The season is one factor of rankings. An important factor. And then comes the combine. And the individual work outs. And the Pro Day on the college campus. And on and on and on. Lots of data points that we are a long way from gathering.

So, it's fun to talk about this stuff.... just don't get too caught up in it.... don't get married to it.... because right about the time you think you have it figure out.... you realize you don't. That a lot has changed and you need to start over.

Patience..... :thmup:

The hi-lighted portion is a very important point.

Rankings now don't count for much. At this point last year Stanford's OT Jonathan Martin was on most top-10 lists, no worse than top-12. He wound up going 42nd overall. Not bad. Top 10 in the 2nd round. But a fall of roughly 30 spots. And that is common. Happens multiple times every draft. So while it's fun to speculate, it's often not very accurate.

The season is one factor of rankings. An important factor. And then comes the combine. And the individual work outs. And the Pro Day on the college campus. And on and on and on. Lots of data points that we are a long way from gathering.

So, it's fun to talk about this stuff.... just don't get too caught up in it.... don't get married to it.... because right about the time you think you have it figure out.... you realize you don't. That a lot has changed and you need to start over.

Patience..... :thmup:

I've found that out on my own. I've been tracking NCAA football for 2 years now

No.1 Nose Tackle Star Loutelie vs No. 1 Center Khalid Holmes.

Been waiting for this all week, With the first half over, Khalid Holmes made a 2 bad snaps that led to fumbles that led to TD and gave Utah an early 14-0 lead, which was caused mostly by Stars sheer presence.

Star Completely dominated the 1st Quarter.

Khalid, if you didn't know was injured twice this year and his coming off an ankle injury and did a terrible job blocking and snapping with Star in front of his face.

In the 2nd Quarter, Holmes improved tremendously, and USC and game planed against star by not running anything near his hole.

In the first quarter, Star would line up over center and beat the Running back to the Edge for a Loss of yards.

That guy is a complete beast.

Star is definitely in my top 5 players in the draft.

TJ Mcdonald is terrific in run support, definately worth a late first 2nd round pick...but to this day, I have few looks at him vs the pass, which I guess is a good thing.

Nickell Robey is doing a decent job covering his man all year, including this game, almost never giving up big plays....He is a mid 3rd rounder to me so far

2 more quarters left!

WR Stedman Bailey another 75 yds and 3 Tds today! Thats over 700 Yds and and 11Tds for him this season, Thats just so far. Right now this guy for me is behind Woods and Allen on my Depth chart of recievers for the draft. I would love this guy on our team as Ive said already. I think he is that smaller,fast,elusive, reliable big play reciever that Pagono and Grigson like and would consider in the 3rd or h