Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 9.5 underdogs

mark5362

This wasn't a topic on which team is better.

9.5 is a good line. Vegas is rarely ever wrong.

If you can get 10 then take the Colts and watch them keep it close, hopefully outright win.

10 is the magic number.......because 10 often means 17....A favored team up 17 will give up a consolation TD late and not think about it.

10 is the magic number.......because 10 often means 17....A favored team up 17 will give up a consolation TD late and not think about it.

That is why the 9.5 Also why starting the year we were set at 5.5 wins. You would be fascinated to see how close vegas usually gets the betting lines. Yes there are upsets but usually if they have a blow out I take the points because like others said teams usually back off. This point spread is precisely what I think the game will be. The Colts I do think will be plenty competitive this year but Cutler definately has some options in that passing game now and Forte/Bush backfield is scary good. That defense may be getting long in the tooth but we say that about the Steelers and Ravens every year....and they still manage to be top 10 Defenses year in and year out. I think we move the ball but I don't see us scoring enough TDs to win. That cover 2 can give up yards but is usually pretty stingy on points. I think Luck will get himself his first TD but also his first INT. I don't think we will be able to stop their running game. I take the points and Luck gets a late TD but we lose 24-16. (8 points covers the spread)

Vegas is extremely accurate on NFL games. They are far less so on college because of the enormous amount of games to consider. If you want to make money betting football games in Vegas, do it on college games...not the NFL.

there was some game I saw this weekend that ended something like 70-0. Wonder what the line was on that one. :)