Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waiver Wire

PrincetonTiger

I haven't heard of anyone picking up Edwards, but he'll be able to sign with the highest bidder. It would seem like we'd be interested since he has logged time as a 3-4 DE. Would seem like an easy swap for Matthews but Grigs might not see him as a clear upgrade given that Rico is brand new to the position, will get better and very young still. Jaques Cesaire fits the same mold. If someone like that doesn't get signed here, then that would be a pretty good sign that they believe in Rico enough to try to develop him.

Agreed on all accounts but do we really want to get gashed time and time again while Ricardo is supposedly developing? Edwards is 31 which isnt young in football years but if he wants it he has 4-5 good years left I bet, Personally I bring him in to compete as backup to Moala (I really like how Moala has played but he could use the competition)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed on all accounts but do we really want to get gashed time and time again while Ricardo is supposedly developing? Edwards is 31 which isnt young in football years but if he wants it he has 4-5 good years left I bet, Personally I bring him in to compete as backup to Moala (I really like how Moala has played but he could use the competition)

Edwards signed with the Panthers. He was due over $4 million by the Bills this year - not saying he got that from the Panthers, but they probably gave him more than we could afford. Can't look at Rico through the lens of preseason action, expecting that investing in his development means getting gashed. In the reg. season he won't play extended time unless competent and they probably think he'll get better rapidly - it does happen - they are pretty good at projecting talent and time to develop in the NFL, especially when there is game tape against other professionals for them to project from. Trading Rico out for a serviceable 3-4 DE back up would have been about the easiest waiver wire move out there - yet they didn't make it, so I think they actually want him until future evaluations can be made. Right or wrong, they want him for now.

Edwards signed with the Panthers. He was due over $4 million by the Bills this year - not saying he got that from the Panthers, but they probably gave him more than we could afford. Can't look at Rico through the lens of preseason action, expecting that investing in his development means getting gashed. In the reg. season he won't play extended time unless competent and they probably think he'll get better rapidly - it does happen - they are pretty good at projecting talent and time to develop in the NFL, especially when there is game tape against other professionals for them to project from. Trading Rico out for a serviceable 3-4 DE back up would have been about the easiest waiver wire move out there - yet they didn't make it, so I think they actually want him until future evaluations can be made. Right or wrong, they want him for now.

Ah now that info you just gave about Edwards I did not have, Thank you

van * would be a great pickup and would be the 3rd cb on depth chart. with his size 6'1 and speed 4.2 he has the potential to take the starting spot from powers. the raiders are playing more zone defense and van * is a press man cb which is why they him go.

His instincts are lacking, he is still raw and has to be coached up. That is why he was let go. Right now, nickel at best but would be able to keep up with speedy wideouts in the slot.

van * would be a great pickup and would be the 3rd cb on depth chart. with his size 6'1 and speed 4.2 he has the potential to take the starting spot from powers. the raiders are playing more zone defense and van * is a press man cb which is why they him go.

Yeah I saw this earlier I liked Van Dyyke from his days at The U....He's physical he needs to be picked up plus it would be for peanuts