Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns' Joe Thomas News at 2pm- Maybe Retiring?

TomDiggs

Super crazy. I was just BSing with some buddies about this.

It's like John Dorsey says "We are finally turning this ship around. New QB. A bunch of trades. 1st and 4th overall pick. Tons of draft capital inside the top-100. Cleveland is finally, finally coming back!"

Joe Thomas: "Hold my beer....."

lol

On a serious note, he was an amazing player. Loved watching him. And he's retiring because he says his body can't take the game anymore and he can't play at the level needed. Well you could have fooled me. Guy hadn't missed snaps till this year and he was still playing out of this world when he played.

He will surely be missed. Big hole for Cleveland to fill now.

Great player on a bad team. That's a big whole he leaves behind but they have the money and resources to get someone in that spot. He never missed a snap in how many years?? I guess once he saw what life without football was like he decided he had enough. Good for him!

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

I don't know what his health situation looked like but man you would think with all the moves the Browns are making you might want to wait another year so you can actually play on a winning team.  

Or at the very least a team with a win. 

I thought the same after all his consecutive snaps but there were reports (according to Around the NFL) that he himself was amazed he managed to play 7 games last year based on how his body was feeling, says a lot.

It appears that he will have a fairly easy transition into a TV role and so that may have made his decision a lot easier.

2 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

I thought the same after all his consecutive snaps but there were reports (according to Around the NFL) that he himself was amazed he managed to play 7 games last year based on how his body was feeling, says a lot.

It appears that he will have a fairly easy transition into a TV role and so that may have made his decision a lot easier.

Yeah ultimately only he knows how his body is feeling and football is rough on your body.  

Don't blame him, but man it would suck for him to retire right before the Browns became competitive for the first time in forever. 

26 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Yeah ultimately only he knows how his body is feeling and football is rough on your body.  

Don't blame him, but man it would suck for him to retire right before the Browns became competitive for the first time in forever. 

Yup, he seems like the kind of guy who would just be happy for the team though if that did happen. 

In 11 years he had one winning season, his rookie year.  To my recollection never moaned once either.  A rare breed.

On March 15, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Valpo2004 said:

As a UW-Madison alumni myself, I dreaded when Joe was drafted by Cleveland--A totally irrelevant franchise. I hated that someone that skilled as an elite linemen got imprisoned in Ohio literally. Such a travesty that he never played in a SB. Curse you Cleveland. You didn't deserve Thomas.