Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aqib Talib

oldunclemark

Nothing is certain but word from Denver is that they will almost certainly release or trade Pro Bowl corner Aqib Talib

He's set to make $11 mil in 2018 and he's 32...   They save $10 mil by cutting him and they have other/younger corners

.....Among the win-now teams, who would sign him?

39 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Nothing is certain but word from Denver is that they will almost certainly release or trade Pro Bowl corner Aqib Talib

He's set to make $11 mil in 2018 and he's 32...   They save $10 mil by cutting him and they have other/younger corners

Any team that has their players wear safety goggles?     :spit:

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Green Bay maybe? Ted Thompson is no longer the GM. So, perhaps they will be players in free agency this year.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Green Bay maybe? Ted Thompson is no longer the GM. So, perhaps they will be players in free agency this year.

That's a good thought.....we're talking one year and you know the price...and you know he's still good

You also know he's a little crazy..snatching people's chains and drawing penalties

Oakland might be another place

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

That's a good thought.....we're talking one year and you know the price...and you know he's still good

You also know he's a little crazy..snatching people's chains and drawing penalties

Yeah, Oakland sounds like just the right place for him. 

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

49 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Oakland is 11th on the list of most penalties with 127 penalties. Seattle is tops with 181.

Believe it or not the Colts are tied with Baltimore at 4th spot with least amount at 112.

The least amount is Carolina with 105.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:10 PM, NFLfan said:

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:36 PM, oldunclemark said:

Really! You do realize it was against Oakland and Crabtree he has blown up back to back years....locker room cancer I think Gruden will pass on.

He got a lot of help last couple years in Denver...he is still good but he is getting REAL close to his expiration date. I would expect Dallas or say Miami...teams that roll the dice on big name free agents.

On January 21, 2018 at 6:17 PM, axillarymac05 said:

I could see him signing with the saints

I never thought of New Orleans, but yes, I could see Sean Payton doing that if the price was right. Plus, the Saints have a good ground game now, Brees still has at least 2 elite yrs left in him, & that team will be in the playoff hunt next yr easy. A solid prediction am05.

I would avoid him...he is getting older...he has ring and he has money already...I don't see things ending well no matter where he goes. I just see trouble brewing. Malcontents rarely change their stripes. In fact as his play declines I think he will act up even more.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

I would avoid him...he is getting older...he has ring and he has money already...I don't see things ending well no matter where he goes. I just see trouble brewing. Malcontents rarely change their stripes. In fact as his play declines I think he will act up even more.

But his play isn't declining. Hes in the Pro Bowl. That's the point.

You would take on an expiring contract

15 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

But his play isn't declining. Hes in the Pro Bowl. That's the point.

You would take on an expiring contract

He is surrounded with great talent though....covers up a lot of his flaws as a corner. My eye test is he is sliding...and I don't think his off field and on field brushes are going to just disappear.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, oldunclemark said:

He gets way too many pass interference calls on him and he is a knuckle head on the field.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

He is surrounded with great talent though....covers up a lot of his flaws as a corner. My eye test is he is sliding...and I don't think his off field and on field brushes are going to just disappear.

Lord No...He takes folks 1-on-1....without help....and he is a problem for them.

You have to accept his off-the-field behavior...You're getting the shut down corner that almost every team lacks.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, dgambill said:

Really! You do realize it was against Oakland and Crabtree he has blown up back to back years....locker room cancer I think Gruden will pass on.

He got a lot of help last couple years in Denver...he is still good but he is getting REAL close to his expiration date. I would expect Dallas or say Miami...teams that roll the dice on big name free agents.

Denver uses a lot of single coverage....Neither Talib or Chris Harris 'get a lot of help'

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Denver uses a lot of single coverage....Neither Talib or Chris Harris 'get a lot of help'

Meaning Chris Harris is now the #1 corner there...typically gets the opposing teams best wr...and if watch many games you will notice many times they like to use safety help over the top of Talib so he can squat on those shorter routes. Harris is more or less left on an island...because of his speed he can recover quickly from a mistake. Talib is a good corner still...but he is 32 and not getting better. Combine that with his other issues it would be a risky prospect that your going to get the old Talib (15,16,17) and not just an old Talib (as in age). 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, dgambill said:

Meaning Chris Harris is now the #1 corner there...typically gets the opposing teams best wr...and if watch many games you will notice many times they like to use safety help over the top of Talib so he can squat on those shorter routes. Harris is more or less left on an island...because of his speed he can recover quickly from a mistake. Talib is a good corner still...but he is 32 and not getting better. Combine that with his other issues it would be a risky prospect that your going to get the old Talib (15,16,17) and not just an old Talib (as in age). 

Its risky, dg....if we're talking multiple years.

But its year-to-year.......again..I wouldnt want him on the Colts..because of his age and our other questions

But if I'm Pittsburgh or Green Bay or Seattle...    They're all-in for next year and there was no indication this past year that, when he wasn't on suspension or snatching folks chains, Talib was not just as good as Harris.

and I know Talib's rival Michael Crabtree is on Oakland.

But offensive and defensive players don't have to like each other.\That's not an issue

Edited by oldunclemark