Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saquon Barkley is a Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders Hybrid! You don't pass on that period!

Hear me out, we have 85 Million in cap, we can grab Norwell and overpay if necessary. ..As far as edge rushers Lawrence from Cowboys or Ziggy Ansah will be available we can get 1, and with eberflous as DC we have inside track on Lawrence...If it all works out we can sign Norwell, resign Mewhort...Sign Lawrence or Ansah as edge..Sign Robinson, Watkins, Amendola, Pryor, or Landry or 2 of them..Draft the MONSTER Barkley,  draft best ILB IN 2nd rd...Resign Melvin, Vinatieri,Desir and watch out...RT can be drafted, signed, or worked out between Clark, Haeg, and Goode..Haeg is a keeper regardless because of versatility. .If we have chance to draft Barkley and pass it will haunt this franchise for a long time, unless we somehow manage to sign Bell, and draft Chubb or Fitzpatrick which is the backup plan...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to go ALL IN on Norwell in this scenario...Pugh is the backup if that can't happen..We got to get 1 legit guard and pay him, and hope other is in house or can be developed. ..YOU have to take Barkley if he is there,  BPA IN LAST 5 DRAFTS..He is that RARE. .

12 minutes ago, akcolt said:

He is not a Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders hybrid. Bo ran a 4.18 40 maybe 4.12 and Barry was well Barry. Come on man Barkley is good but let's not get carried away 

Okay Barry Sanders with power, and Tomlinson hands..He will run a 4.3 and is a great blocker, no character concerns or injury issues...He is a once in 10 yr guy.There was Peterson, he is next in line..That will help Luck more than any guard we can take at 3..just saying..

4 minutes ago, esmort said:

:facepalm: ... Another Barkley lovefest thread ... Tell everyone how good he is again ... is he "once in a generatrion"? ... :wall:

How many SB rings do Sanders, Peterson, and Tomlinson have again? ... Oh Yeah ... PASS on RB at #3

Let me guess you want Nelson..1St rd guards bust every year..

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Let me guess you want Nelson..1St rd guards bust every year..

Nope to Nelson; not at #3  ... If it were up to me we would trade back, but if we do stay in our spot and pick I definitely wouldn't be picking a RB (or a guard).

If Barkley is there at 3 I think we should take him. IMO he can be every bit as Great as LTomlinson was. There hasnt been a RB that has came out in a long time like him. He also has his head screwed on right, Great kid unlike Elliott. I think he will better than Elliott and Fournette, if he isn't I would be shocked. We can Draft Defense with 4 or 5 other picks and even Draft an O.Lineman or 2 too as well. We also can get O.Lineman in Free Agency. We need to go after Norwell in Free Agency.

1 minute ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Gurley > Zeke > Barkley 

The hype is just dumb now. This guy has questionable vision, bounces it outside like his name is Marlon, and isn’t great at pass pro. Not worth the 3rd pick considering our defensive holes and getting a coach that gets production out of late round backs. 

You r misinformed..Call kiper he has been doing this 20 yrs..Chubb wouldn't have been top 10 last yr..Barkley still would have been top 3..

3 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Gurley > Zeke > Barkley 

The hype is just dumb now. This guy has questionable vision, bounces it outside like his name is Marlon, and isn’t great at pass pro. Not worth the 3rd pick considering our defensive holes and getting a coach that gets production out of late round backs. 

Questionable vision???? Are u serious? He has vision that is Leveon Bell type with SPEED to go with it..smh

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

You r misinformed..Call kiper he has been doing this 20 yrs..Chubb wouldn't have been top 10 last yr..Barkley still would have been top 3..

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Questionable vision???? Are u serious? He has vision that is Leveon Bell type with SPEED to go with it..smh

Yeah he would have. He’s just as good as Joey Bosa. 

His vision is not elite. So many times he takes a loss because he tries to get a home run.  You didn’t say anything about constantly bouncing it outside? Because he does. Pass pro??

2 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

His vision is not elite. So many times he takes a loss because he tries to get a home run.  You didn’t say anything about constantly bouncing it outside? Because he does. Pass pro??

Do you realize he faced beyond stacked boxes all yr with crap qb and receiver play, and yet he is consensus BPA??

56 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Okay Barry Sanders with power, and Tomlinson hands..He will run a 4.3 and is a great blocker, no character concerns or injury issues...He is a once in 10 yr guy.There was Peterson, he is next in line..That will help Luck more than any guard we can take at 3..just saying..

If he runs even a 4.44 40 at 230lbs with his wiggle and receiving ability. There isn't really a comparison IMO He is a guy we haven't seen. I don't need convincing I know how good he is. He is like a 230 lbs Reggie Bush in the open field 

If he is there at #3 and we stay put he has to be in the conversation with Chubb and probably Fitzpatrick. I have no issues with taking him. Remember when McDaniels called the shots he took Moreno in the 1st. Anyone who doesn't think he's in the picture is in denial. I trust Ballard to get it right. 

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Do you realize he faced beyond stacked boxes all yr with crap qb and receiver play, and yet he is consensus BPA??

I think some people don't realize how Great Barkley will be. That is the problem. Also we need so much help on Defense that is what people will focus on. I remember back in 1986 we had a crappy QB and an O.Line that couldn't block, we brought Dickerson in and won the AFC East.

4 minutes ago, akcolt said:

If he runs even a 4.44 40 at 230lbs with his wiggle and receiving ability. There isn't really a comparison IMO He is a guy we haven't seen. I don't need convincing I know how good he is. He is like a 230 lbs Reggie Bush in the open field 

If he is there at #3 and we stay put he has to be in the conversation with Chubb and probably Fitzpatrick. I have no issues with taking him. Remember when McDaniels called the shots he took Moreno in the 1st. Anyone who doesn't think he's in the picture is in denial. I trust Ballard to get it right. 

You see it..And he is way faster than that. .thats the difference. .He is a freak of nature. .

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think some people don't realize how Great Barkley will be. That is the problem. Also we need so much help on Defense that is what people will focus on. I remember back in 1986 we had a crappy QB and an O.Line that couldn't block, we brought Dickerson in and won the AFC East.

Yeah..We need to just blow doors off people offensively. .Colts style..Our defense is already respectable..

10 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Saying a college player is "just as good" as a guy already in the NFL and playing at a Pro Bowl level is just stupid.

Until Chubb comes in and proves that to he's on the same level as Bosa,

I'm gonna disagree with you.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I live in PA and watched a ton of Penn State games this year. I agree, Barkley is special and definitely has all the tools to be the best back in football.

I would NEVER want the Colts to go running back that early in the draft, but Barkley is that one exception.

I would be all in if we selected Barkley at 3.

Just now, jshipp23 said:

You see it..And he is way faster than that. .thats rhe difference. .He is a freak of nature. .

I agree like I said no problem if we take him and I'm usually no way RB in the first round guy. He's a different cat. If Chubb checks out and can wreck the QB for the next 10 years it's a tough call. Chubb's the only guy I look at over Barkley at 3. 

25 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Gurley > Zeke > Barkley 

I can't even take this seriously.

5 minutes ago, KING. said:

Saying a college player is "just as good" as a guy already in the NFL and playing at a Pro Bowl level is just stupid.

Until Chubb comes in and proves that to he's on the same level as Bosa,

I'm gonna disagree with you.

As good as college Bosa. So get outta here 

1 minute ago, KING. said:

Well, his stats say otherwise.

Well, you don’t draft prospects on stats. 

Just now, akcolt said:

I agree like I said no problem if we take him and I'm usually no way RB in the first round guy. He's a different cat. If Chubb checks out and can wreck the QB for the next 10 years it's a tough call. Chubb's the only guy I look at over Barkley at 3. 

Just be happy we have a chance at either one.

3 minutes ago, KING. said:

isn't every position at risk of being a bust?

I'm not talking 'bust'           I'm talking injury...

Running backs face much more of an injury risk that other positions and Barkley was hobbled somewhat last year at Penn State.

You can get good ones in lower rounds and you always should.

Because one shot on the knee.and you threw away your high pick

Edited by oldunclemark

4 minutes ago, KING. said:

I live in PA and watched a ton of Penn State games this year. I agree, Barkley is special and definitely has all the tools to be the best back in football.

I would NEVER want the Colts to go running back that early in the draft, but Barkley is that one exception.

I would be all in if we selected Barkley at 3.

I agree, normally I would say no way to a RB that high but this guy Barkley looks like he can be one of the best ever. I never said that about Elliott and look how Great he is already. Elliott just doesn't have his head screwed on right. Fournette will not be better than Barkley either IMO.