Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (even) at 'Los Angeles' (San Diego) 10-22-17

oldunclemark

4:25 EST Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon on CBS

Low 90s and hot at the lame Stub Hub Center in Carson, California over-under 40.5

Denver gets a chance to tie for first place after KC's upset loss at Oakland but Trevor Siemian (108 of 176 for 1, 264 yards, 8TDs 6 INTs) is gong to have t be the one-man gang without offensive tackles Menelik Watson and Donald Stephenson and wide receivers Emmanuel Sanders (all out this week)

The Chargers have lifted the spirits of their fans back in san Diego (they don't have any fans in L.A.) with two wins in a row sparked by 16 QB sacks..including . 7.5 from Melvin Ingram

Phillip Rivers (141 of 230, 1.633 yards,. 10 TDs, 5 INts) faces Denver's 'No Fly Zone' which has allowed only 958 passing yards in 5 games.

Denver (3-2) embarassed themselves losing to the Giants last week and wit KC (5-2) next on the schedule,. it may be now or never for the Broncos to show what they have.

Offensive coordinator Mike McCoy goes against the place that fired him a head coach. 

The Chargers (2-4), playing in a soccer stadium that will be half filled with Denver fans,  can pull to within 2 games of KC in the division.

This game is rated even and I wouldnt try to pick it. Denver's kicker has ben so bad they may go for two points whenever they score a TD,    Five of San Diego's 6 games have been decided by one TD or less Denver has scored only 42 points in their last 3 games.

I'd like the over if I knew that SD's Melvin Gordon (questionable) and Sanders were playing.

I'd like this game even more if it was in San Diego where the Chargers should have stayed.

Turned out to be a fun game.  Their D is really tough.  They were all over our receivers, there wasn't much open.  Even though we were up 14-0 early, I'm never comfortable with a lead on Denver with our past history with them, but then Trevor Simien isn't Peyton Manning ;-)

On to New England.  That could go either way, depending on which NE team shows up.  They've been weird this year.  Also depending on IF our offense can get charged up.  

4 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Turned out to be a fun game.  Their D is really tough.  They were all over our receivers, there wasn't much open.  Even though we were up 14-0 early, I'm never comfortable with a lead on Denver with our past history with them, but then Trevor Simien isn't Peyton Manning ;-)

On to New England.  That could go either way, depending on which NE team shows up.  They've been weird this year.  Also depending on IF our offense can get charged up.  

Many Patriots fans are looking past you guys. Not me. I hope the team isn't either.

Pats likely still get a tough game in Denver. It always happens, like they land in Denver and Brady can't breathe or something odd happens and the Broncos D takes turns treating the Pats like rag dolls.

Pats have often struggled with Denver outside of that one Tebow crap fluke season.

17 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Peyton, with a noodle arm, did better than Siemian, in terms of getting them lined up right, and putting them in a better position to win. It is a pity his neck and nerves wouldn't let him keep playing. He is definitely missed.

12 hours ago, chad72 said:

Peyton, with a noodle arm, did better than Siemian, in terms of getting them lined up right, and putting them in a better position to win. It is a pity his neck and nerves wouldn't let him keep playing. He is definitely missed.

I know its wrong but I wondered the sane thing.

If he hadn't had that foot injury..which just kept him from delivering the ball, he might still be out there and he could not be worse than what they showed the last 2 weeks.

I feel bad for Siemian....he has to deal with the expectations that come with being the staring QB. But he's a 7th round draft choice.....I dont think it was ever intended originally that he'd be anything but a backup