Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jake Ruddock?

PrincetonTiger

Ruddock shows how good Jim Harbaugh is at coaching up QB's.

I'm an Iowa fan and he started for the Hawkeyes for a couple years but got beat out by CJ Beathard.  (Who was drafted in the 3rd round).  

With Iowa he was pretty ho/hum as a QB.  Never really stood out for bad or for worse.  He transfers to Michigan and he's on ESPN highlights like every week and gets drafted.  

Of course Iowa's specialty is coaching up OL, TE and defense.  Not quarterbacks.  

On 8/28/2017 at 9:23 AM, Valpo2004 said:

I'm an Iowa fan and he started for the Hawkeyes for a couple years but got beat out by CJ Beathard.  (Who was drafted in the 3rd round).  

With Iowa he was pretty ho/hum as a QB.  Never really stood out for bad or for worse.  He transfers to Michigan and he's on ESPN highlights like every week and gets drafted.  

Of course Iowa's specialty is coaching up OL, TE and defense.  Not quarterbacks.  

Most people do not yet understand how much Jim Harbaugh elevates his players skill-sets. It has happened too many times to be a fluke. 

Jim Harbaugh is a little quirky, but he wins everywhere he goes. His players love him, and they play their butt's of for him. He turns average players into stars. 

On 8/27/2017 at 11:38 AM, PrincetonTiger said:

Just got a tweet from Ian Rappaport that said the Lions backup is drawing trade interest

I doubt it's us. We have Tolzien and Morris. Those are our boys backing up #12 going into 2017. 

If Ballard even tried to bring in another quarterback this late I think Irsay would block him. It's simply too late to bring in another quarterback. We all saw what happened in 2011. Why repeat it?

17 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Most people do not yet understand how much Jim Harbaugh elevates his players skill-sets. It has happened too many times to be a fluke. 

Jim Harbaugh is a little quirky, but he wins everywhere he goes. His players love him, and they play their butt's of for him. He turns average players into stars. 

It might be that he just elevates his QB's.  Since they are so important to the game it can really change the W/L column.  

On 8/28/2017 at 7:23 AM, Valpo2004 said:

Forgive me,  but I'm not following....

What is the connection between Jim Harbaugh and Ruddock?      How does Rudduck show how good Jim Harbaugh is at coachig QB's?

You lost me on ths one..........?

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What is the connection between Jim Harbaugh and Ruddock?      How does Rudduck show how good Jim Harbaugh is at coachig QB's?

He played college football at Michigan.  So I thought?

16 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

He redshirted and played 3 years at Iowa, graduated and then transferred to Michigan for his senior season.

He was night and day better at Michigan then at Iowa.  

It's telling that you guys didn't know anything about his 3 years at Iowa.  That's how mediocre he was.  

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

16 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Here are his stats from the years he started in college.

2013 - Iowa 204/346 (59%) for 2383 yards (6.9 Yards/Att) 18 TD's, 13 Ints

2014 - Iowa 213/345 (61.7%) for 2436 yards (7.1 Yards/Att) 16 TD's, 5 Ints

2015 - Michigan 249/389 (64%) for 3017 yards (7.8 Yards/Att) 20 TD's, 9 Ints

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Here are his stats from the years he started in college.

2013 - Iowa 204/346 (59%) for 2383 yards (6.9 Yards/Att) 18 TD's, 13 Ints

2014 - Iowa 213/345 (61.7%) for 2436 yards (7.1 Yards/Att) 16 TD's, 5 Ints

2015 - Michigan 249/389 (64%) for 3017 yards (7.8 Yards/Att) 20 TD's, 9 Ints

That really isn't significantly better than his years in Iowa.