Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blount to Eagles 1 year deal

bababooey

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Had offers from the Cards and Giants.

Over/under on how many weeks until he plays himself out of favor in Philly and is back in New England?

I was just thinking the same thing.  Watch him pull the same stunt he did in Pittsburgh, re-sign with Philly, and New England still gets his departure as part of their comp pick calculation

Yep...he won't be playing...NE will have a couple rbs get dinged up...they will then trade Philly a bag of deflated footballs for him and he will end up starting and finishing the year with double digit TDs.

So do NE get his compensatory value now since they tendered him a few weeks ago? Not that it might matter too much but Bill placed that tender on him for a reason.

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So do NE get his compensatory value now since they tendered him a few weeks ago? Not that it might matter too much but Bill placed that tender on him for a reason.

Yes.  NE should add his value into their comp pick calculations, and PHI should subtract his value from their comp pick calculations.

34 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

They won't trade for him. Philly will just release him and the pats will tell all other teams not to claim him because they want him.

They won't even need to call the other teams.  They'll just tell him not to sign with another team.  He'll obediently pass up on paychecks waiting for them to call him to play in one game at a time...

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

They won't even need to call the other teams.  They'll just tell him not to sign with another team.  He'll obediently pass up on paychecks waiting for them to call him to play in one game at a time...

Yup, the rich get richer. And now we know why Goodell hates the Patriots, because in a league where the commissioner values parity, New England is giving us all the middle finger and bending the rules by digging into manuals for long-lost loopholes. Remember the eligible substitutions against the Ravens in the playoffs?... Yea, the league banned that the following off-season.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Come on now…  Lamar Jackson is a two time NFL MVP.   Justin Fields is entering his 4th season, and he wasn’t terrible with Chicago.    Anthony Richardson started 4 games for the Colts.  He’s thrown just 84 total passes.   We’re all pulling for the kid to succeed,  but he’s got a lot to prove before  anyone can credibly say AR is better than Fields or Jackson.    There are plenty of questions to be asked and the answers wont come until early next year.    We all could be having an entirely different conversation next off-season.    
    • People saying he was a run first QB never watched his college tape. I won't lead the witness, but you can make some basic assumptions as to why people believed that.   IMO, his actual football problems coming into the league were:   - bad footwork. Made him have some inconsistent, wild throws at times. - not that great at making easy, short passes. The layups, essentially.     I'd say in the short sample we saw last year, that the latter issue he dramatically improved on. For the former, there were still some erratic throws (when he missed, he really missed), but he also showed progress there a s well (his completion percentage in the NFL was 59.5 vs 53.7 in his one year starting at college. It's usually the opposite trend for most rookies)   I'm absolutely on board on AR becoming a franchise QB, the only issue he has is proving he can stay healthy. I also don't think calling out two minor injuries vs one major injury is enough to call injury prone, but he has to prove it all the same.
    • He can’t as you pointed out those contracts are more or less slotted.
    • No , he is not holding out for first round money. Those days are long gone.
    • Part of me wishes AD gets 88. I like what Dallas does with their 88.
  • Members

• Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson 206

• PlayForTheTie

PlayForTheTie 0

Rookie
    • coltsva

coltsva 2,451

• CardiacColts

CardiacColts 342

• ArmchairQB

ArmchairQB 254