Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Ramczyk

How do you feel about ....

*Ryan RamczykInjured OT 1 Wisconsin rJr 6-6 310 1

Latest projection for the Colts in the first round. Mckinley stock is falling apparently due to shoulder surgery. 

We do need help at Right Tackle. This guy is a plug and play pick. I'm still in favor of going defense but this guy would be a lock to start for the next 10 years.

15 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

He's pretty decent but I don't want him.

We have Clark, Haeg and Good. Should be able to find a half decent RT in one of those.

I don't see 2 starters in that group.  I think we'll be lucky if even one of them becomes the long term starter at RG or RT.

33 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

This is certainly news to me.

And wow you are more down on Ramczyk than anyone I have seen.

Been under a rock? Does LeRaven Clark ring a bell to you? Because he's the RT.... lol. Haeg could also be an above average tackle. So like I said, we need help at guard. 

and yeah he's a bum. 

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Been under a rock? Does LeRaven Clark ring a bell to you? Because he's the RT.... lol. Haeg could also be an above average tackle. So like I said, we need help at guard. 

My affinity for rocks has nothing to do with this.

Yes I am aware that Clark is our current RT.  That's precisely why the spot needs to be upgraded.

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

and yeah he's a bum. 

He is far from a bum.  You ruin your argument when you end with nonsense like that.

He may not be worthy of the 15th pick(uninformed opinion)  but he isn't a bum

4 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Okay. Again. At 15 he's a bum. Any other OT class he wouldn't even be a 1st round prospect. He's weak. 

Ever heard of Tony Mandrrich?  

You have watched 15 minutes of YouTube videos on this kid and are claiming he is a bum.  Get real.  You really have no idea

5 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Okay. Again. At 15 he's a bum. Any other OT class he wouldn't even be a 1st round prospect. He's weak. 

I agree with you. This year's historically poor OT class is inflating his draft value. He's good, but far from a sure thing. I'd venture to say that he would not be a first round prospect in most years. Lamp however, is a legitimate first round guard.

22 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Ever heard of Tony Mandrrich?  

You have watched 15 minutes of YouTube videos on this kid and are claiming he is a bum.  Get real.  You really have no idea

It's just my opinion lol. 

18 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I agree with you. This year's historically poor OT class is inflating his draft value. He's good, but far from a sure thing. I'd venture to say that he would not be a first round prospect in most years. Lamp however, is a legitimate first round guard.

Yessir 

I wouldn't mind it, but IMHO the ONLY guy I would want the Colts to take on offense THAT high would be Lamp.  I think he's the best OL in this draft, and his Alabama tape was pretty impressive.  Now, if we move down to the mid-to-high 20's, THEN that changes the game completely.  i just think 15 is too high and it's borderline for Lamp IMHO.

According to NFL.com Ramczyk and Lamp are both rated 6.2. 

Most experts agree that Tackle is harder to find than a Guard which is why Guard's are rarely taken in the first round. Mel Kiper has the Colts selecting Ramczyk with pick 15.

Again, I would prefer defense but I can see a case for going OT. I'm not certain that Clark is a definite starter.