Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teez Tabor Runs A Disappointing 4.75 40 At Florida Pro Day

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

He allowed 2 TDs in 3 years, allowed 47% of passes his way in 3 years, in 2 of those years he wasn't beaten for a pass over 27 yards. And like I said his tape is good. So a 4.63 combine isn't a huge deal, which is all I was saying in my original comment. 

Game speed > shorts speed

Teams also did not throw that much but rather ran all over FL. If I can win by running the CB's are bound to look good.  He does have good numbers for his career but he is over hyped.  I think Wilson is the better of the two.

Did anyone see the NFL Channel the other day when they had on Jamal Adams and TreDavious White? 

Adams looked like a LB compared to White, and he's not that big.  He's the kind of guy you can build a defense around.  I hope he goes to the NFC and the dang Jags don't get him.

9 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Teams also did not throw that much but rather ran all over FL. If I can win by running the CB's are bound to look good.  He does have good numbers for his career but he is over hyped.  I think Wilson is the better of the two.

I'm not even a big fan of him. I was just saying.

I'd rather have Wilson and a few others before him too. 

13 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

He allowed 2 TDs in 3 years, allowed 47% of passes his way in 3 years, in 2 of those years he wasn't beaten for a pass over 27 yards. And like I said his tape is good. So a 4.63 combine isn't a huge deal, which is all I was saying in my original comment. 

Game speed > shorts speed

I remember many years ago a GM said something, darn in shorts and t-shirt he may have the slowest 40 time for a RB!  But darn it put him in pads, uniform and a football in his hands and he's a step faster than any defender.

I was always confused why Tabor was considered as one of the top CB prospects this draft. His tape is decent, but he's a bit small, now ran TERRIBLY slow for a CB, and has a bad attitude (which got him suspended at Florida). His pre-combine tweets made him look like a joke. There's confidence and then there's pure arrogance. I'd be concerned that his ego may make him not too coachable..

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I don't share the same opinion on Q. Wilson.   I think Wilson is a good ball player.  I don't like his run support though.  I think that needs to improve.

I would take him over Tabor. Doesn't help the Florida corners how deep this draft is at corner. 

Did a mock draft earlier, and corners and Edge Rushers just kept falling to me. I just kept taking them. Couldn't stop myself. It all started with a trade back to Tampa Bay, and Barnett still being on the board. 

Probably not very realistic, but the mock draft fell this way. 

Rd 1   Pk  19 - Derek Barnett (OLB 3/4) Tennessee
Rd 2   Pk  46 - Gareon Conley (CB) Ohio State
Rd 3   Pk  80 - Adoree' Jackson (CB) Southern California
Rd 3   Pk  84 - Samaje Perine (RB) Oklahoma
Rd 4   Pk 122 - Nico Siragusa (G) San Diego State
Rd 4   Pk 137 - Shaquill Griffin (CB) Central Florida
Rd 4   Pk 144 - Vince Biegel (OLB 3/4) Wisconsin
Rd 5   Pk 158 - Eddie Vanderdoes (DE 3/4) UCLA
Rd 7   Pk 237 - Josh Carraway (OLB 3/4) TCU

11 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I would take him over Tabor. Doesn't help the Florida corners how deep this draft is at corner. 

Did a mock draft earlier, and corners and Edge Rushers just kept falling to me. I just kept taking them. Couldn't stop myself. It all started with a trade back to Tampa Bay, and Barnett still being on the board. 

Probably not very realistic, but the mock draft fell this way. 

Rd 1   Pk  19 - Derek Barnett (OLB 3/4) Tennessee
Rd 2   Pk  46 - Gareon Conley (CB) Ohio State
Rd 3   Pk  80 - Adoree' Jackson (CB) Southern California
Rd 3   Pk  84 - Samaje Perine (RB) Oklahoma
Rd 4   Pk 122 - Nico Siragusa (G) San Diego State
Rd 4   Pk 137 - Shaquill Griffin (CB) Central Florida
Rd 4   Pk 144 - Vince Biegel (OLB 3/4) Wisconsin
Rd 5   Pk 158 - Eddie Vanderdoes (DE 3/4) UCLA
Rd 7   Pk 237 - Josh Carraway (OLB 3/4) TCU

Would really like to have Conley, but I keep getting this feeling hes going round 1 mid to late.  Ideally I'd like to take somebody in the 1st and scoop Conley in the second, but I fear it won't  pan out that way.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

Would really like to have Conley, but I keep getting this feeling hes going round 1 mid to late.

Yeah. This draft is so deep that it is really hard to tell which way it will go. I have simulated several 2017 drafts, and they end up completely different every time. A couple of players taken differently in the first round, and it changes everything. Most years, it is easy to get tunnel vision and stick to a script (and it is usually fairly close). This year, there is no script to follow. Anything, and everything is possible. 

25 minutes ago, Shive said:

I was always confused why Tabor was considered as one of the top CB prospects this draft. His tape is decent, but he's a bit small, now ran TERRIBLY slow for a CB, and has a bad attitude (which got him suspended at Florida). His pre-combine tweets made him look like a joke. There's confidence and then there's pure arrogance. I'd be concerned that his ego may make him not too coachable..

His size, inability to tackle, and bad attitude are what will make him fall imo. 

19 hours ago, MPStack said:

I have not watched Tabor`s tape one bit, so I don`t know if his slow 40 means its the end all be all.

Joe Haden ran a pretty bad 40 at the combine a few years ago. Found this article covering it.

When athleticism is seen as a prospect’s biggest strength, it’s imperative he performs well in Indianapolis. So when Haden ran a slower-than-expected 4.57 40-yard-dash, red flags were immediately raised. Fortunately for Haden, the Browns trusted their film evaluation of Haden and took him with the seventh overall pick. He’s repaid Cleveland with two Pro Bowl seasons. 

I am by no means putting Tabor in Haden`s class, just saying the slow 40 may not be as bad as everyone thinks. 

There's a difference between Hayden's 4.57 and Tabor's 4.75. And you are looking at it. Some punters/kickers run faster than 4.75. Even long snappers jk. 

He ran 4.63 at the combine. That's not far off from the likes of Haden, I think Malcolm Butler ran in the 4.6 range, which caused almost everyone to ignore him.

Something is not right when one rans that much slower at pro day. Injured or he hasn't been training.

1 hour ago, Finball said:

Something is not right when one rans that much slower at pro day. Injured or he hasn't been training.

Probably the latter. Forget about his 40 time, his attitude/ego is enough to take him off my board. That type of guy has "already arrived" and usually are some of the laziest players. He also doesn't seem like a good locker room fit for us either. You refuse a drug test, then get mad at the athletic department and decide to call them out instead of taking responsibility? Pass.