Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Cole's back injury could have been career ending.

NorthernBlue

No doubt Trent Cole has disappointed so far as a Colt. He hasn't been much of a force as a pass rusher. It came to a point where people were wondering if it was even worth it taking him off IR (on a team that desperately needs help rushing the passer).

However I came across this article the other day.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/12/08/colts-trent-cole-overcame-career-threatening-back-injury/95149940/

It talks about how Cole went on IR for his back issue.....an issue that has allegedly been bothering him for a long time. He didn't want to take surgery though because he knew the repercussions. It was kind of amazing that he even came back to play this year.

Now he's (supposedly) healthy and ready. He played well against the Jets. Couple tackles and QB pressures. Obviously this isn't to say he's gonna return to his "hunter" days, but if he can help the team in anyway, it would be quite welcome.

I think his return is very welcome. With Mathis and other defensive players out we need everybody. And we will need him Sunday. He is good against the run, which is what we expect the Texans to look to do a lot this weekend. He will be needed for sure.

I have a lot of appreciation for Cole coming back and putting his body on the line for this team,