Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official plans for the Wembley game

Chucklez

I've decided to start this so that everyone who is going to the Wembley Game in October can plan something! There were some other random posts trying to put something together but nothing was happening, at least not that I could see. 

I dont know what people's plans are, but it's fairly easy for me to get into and out of London from where I live, so if people are around on the Saturday night we can arrange to all meet up in a bar then, or we could do something pre or post game on the day (though pregame would mean meeting up at like 10 or 11am somewhere, which isnt ideal)

I'm open to suggestions, let's just actually organise something!

I was planning to get the train in on the morning of the game but happy to seek out a cheap hotel if people are looking to meet on the Saturday evening. 

If you are looking for good locations for a pre match meet, I believe some of the bars near Baker St underground station are popular for Wembley matchdays and they would have an easy connection to get to the stadium. 

Where is everybody sitting?  I'm in block 240 on the club level.

Sorry guys, my wife has broken her leg, so been a little preoccupied. Visiting the surgeon next week, so my trip is in the balance. 10 years waiting on a Colts game at Wembley, and for nine of those years I lived 30 minutes away, now I live in France, and my wife breaks her leg.

It was not meant to be.

If I'm over, happy to meet in a pub in London on the Saturday evening. Just name one, and I will be there...... 

I'll be in London starting Thursday the 29th, staying in Notting Hill so I think its a pretty quick train to Wembley. I've never been so I have no idea what the pregame scene is like on gameday or where the cool places to hangout are. All I know is I can pick up my ticket at the Stubhub kiosk outside the stadium and i better not be too drunk to remember that.

On 13 September 2016 at 5:00 PM, IkeAramba said:

I was planning to get the train in on the morning of the game but happy to seek out a cheap hotel if people are looking to meet on the Saturday evening. 

If you are looking for good locations for a pre match meet, I believe some of the bars near Baker St underground station are popular for Wembley matchdays and they would have an easy connection to get to

Where is everybody sitting?  I'm in block 240 on the club level.

Regent Street is where the official NFL fan rally is during the day with both teams making appearances and live music etc I know I will be around, difficult decisions on what jersey to wear though 

20 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Plenty stuff at the ground to enjoy. Plenty beer stalls for sure. Some of the entertainment may be a bit hokey for any US visitors, but it's ok. Playing a game of 'find the jersey' can keep me amused for hours as I swig my beer. You will get all 32 plus some college ones to boot.

I know the Colts are doing some activities with prizes.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I suggest The Globe opposite Baker St station as a venue. Just popped in to see what its like, seems OK with lots of space, bar opens at 10:00am on Sunday according to the bar staff and the underground to the stadium would be 2 stops or around 15 minutes. It's often a popular watering hole for those heading to matches at Wembley. 

@Chucklez and @UKColtKris21 and anyone else going to the game, I'm staying at the Premier Inn which is just outside the Wembley Park Tube exit. It's about a 15 minute walk to the stadium. We arrived this evening (Thursday). We plan on doing some site seeing while we're here but I'm all about going to a pre-game Team event. @UKColtKris21 you say there's an official NFL fan rally?! Do you know where on Regent Street? I'm down for pre-game celebrations too!