Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

B/R Rookie Class Grades Up Untill Now: Colts Get B

Defjamz26

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2654237-team-by-team-nfl-rookie-class-report-card-heading-into-preseason-week-3/page/16

Ryan Kelly has lived up to expectations and they've been surprised by Green who has played well. They also think Morrison could eventually earn a starting job this season.

Including the UDFA's, this may be Grigson's best draft class since 2012.

None of the teams graded an A and there were several Ds and a couple Fs.  So, if those grades prove to be at all accurate, then Grigson and the Colts have drafted well.

Preseason grades are often not worth much, but I'm cautiously optimistic with this draft class.

14 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

None of the teams graded an A and there were several Ds and a couple Fs.  So, if those grades prove to be at all accurate, then Grigson and the Colts have drafted well.

Preseason grades are often not worth much, but I'm cautiously optimistic with this draft class.

I was surprised to see the Jags with a "B". They've gotten so much hype because of their offseason additions but maybe reality is catching up. 

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

I can't wait until they give out rookie grades after the first regular season game. On pins and needles I will be!!

I hope they do it for first round picks. Kelly might have the best week 1 of any round 1 rookie.

2 hours ago, SP_21 said:

I was surprised to see the Jags with a "B". They've gotten so much hype because of their offseason additions but maybe reality is catching up. 

Well they had a good draft. Ramsey, Jack, and Ngakoue are all good picks.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I hope they do it for first round picks. Kelly might have the best week 1 of any round 1 rookie.

Well they had a good draft. Ramsey, Jack, and Ngakoue are all good picks.

They did have a good draft but the hype around the team is unwarranted. And it's interesting that our draft class is graded the same and nobody is giving us any credit. 

1 hour ago, SP_21 said:

They did have a good draft but the hype around the team is unwarranted. And it's interesting that our draft class is graded the same and nobody is giving us any credit. 

They got 2 top 5 picks in rounds 1-2 without having to trade up. The hype is warranted.

52 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

They got 2 top 5 picks in rounds 1-2 without having to trade up. The hype is warranted.

Two top 5 picks that haven't proven anything on a team that was 5-11 last season. I'm tired of waiting on the Jags to be decent. They've consistently picked in the top 5 forever and have not gotten any better 

The biggest problem I see with the new Jags defense is they have zero pass rushers.  I already knew Dante Fowler wouldn't be enough.  He really wasn't this big pass rushing monster coming out of Florida to begin with and Ngakoue is only okay.  The depth behind those two is even worse.  I think Malik Jackson can be schemed out of the equation and there's really nothing else beyond that whom you fear.  They had pretty much no pressure out of their 4 man front the whole preseason.  I think they will have a similar problem to what the Falcons are having.  Maybe not as bad, but similar.  It's almost the exact same defense as what Atlanta plays and some of the personnel are similar.   I don't think we'll have a problem moving the ball against Jax to be honest.   Ramsey is a good athlete in the secondary, but everybody else they have are somewhere in the middle or less.    Jack should be a good LB, but you need more than one good one playing well simultaneously.   Still see some areas to exploit on that defense.   I do expect their offense to be better execution wise and they do have good personnel.  Offensive line is suspect.