Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robinson Highlights

AKB

I'm probably most excited about his speed and hands. I know a lot of people said he plays questionable on the outside... And i know these are his highlights so of course it's going to look good, but I know for sure he is a definite upgrade over Toler.

6 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's basically like Vontae Davis, with hands. 

There are very few, if any, CBs like Vontae in the league.... I like Robinson, hope he does well, etc... but Vontae has proven he's a legit #1 CB in this league and there are few (no more than 5) who have shown they can play at or above Vontae's level.... Robinson isn't one of them.... to be fair for him, can we just say "if he isbetter than Toler, we accept him"???

10 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

There are very few, if any, CBs like Vontae in the league.... I like Robinson, hope he does well, etc... but Vontae has proven he's a legit #1 CB in this league and there are few (no more than 5) who have shown they can play at or above Vontae's level.... Robinson isn't one of them.... to be fair for him, can we just say "if he isbetter than Toler, we accept him"???

Yeah I wasn't very clear on this. From a pure coverage standpoint he's clearly no Vontae, but it seems that his biggest strength is his hands, which is one of Vontae's biggest weaknesses. Even thought he's not a true shutdown CB, he does seem to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. To put it simply, they should complement each other well.