me-

" I'm gonna be a happy ideeot
And struggle for the legal tender
Where the ads take aim and lay their claim
To the heart and the soul of the spender "

Anyone hazard a guess to the cryptic meaning? I hope it's definitely not-

**we started out so young and strong,

only to surrender.**

...out into the cool of the evening,strolls the Pretender.....he knows that all his hopes and dreams,begin and end there.....

— Jim Irsay (@JimIrsay)

June 28, 2015

me-

" I'm gonna be a happy ideeot

And struggle for the legal tender

Where the ads take aim and lay their claim

To the heart and the soul of the spender "

Anyone hazard a guess to the cryptic meaning? I hope it's definitely not-

**we started out so young and strong,

only to surrender.**

Shouldn't that "started old?"   :D  :scratch:  :dunno:

'We started out so old and wrong,

and became the victor.'

fixed it...

but really?  What prompted Irsay to tweet J. Browne in the wee hours of the morning?   Hmmm......

Probably just rolling through his head.  Maybe he was singing/playing it.

That's a great song

Probably just rolling through his head.  Maybe he was singing/playing it.

That's a great song

Maybe he has hopes and dreams that have went unattended with all he has going on with owning the Colts franchise?  I guess we all do to an extent...

This version has monologue beginning and just J. Browne with his two instruments, piano and voice.

Why is it every time Irsay tweets something that you guys don't understand, you assume riddle to indicate a move coming or drugs?

Can't he just tweet song lyrics in peace?

I used to enjoy his off-beat banter, but the last time we saw this kinda thing, it coincided with some disturbing behavior. Let's not pretend this guy didn't get caught driving around like common white trash on an epic pill bender about a year ago. 

I would assume many of us are nervous. It is quite common for people with his vices to relapse, and a relapse tends to come with warning signs. 

Remember when I was speculating that he was on pills and I got ripped apart here over a year ago.....and then "it" happened? I noted some seemingly innocuous indicators, such as always carrying a water bottle and his dilated pupils as warning signs, and I got punched pretty hard here. A few weeks later the truth came out, and nobody had a word of concession to say to me about it. 

I was quite literally the first person I'm aware of, not just here, but in all media, to point out that he was exhibiting signs of prescription pill abuse.

I'm not applying this to his tweet in the OP, but I was hoping he'd stick to professional communications, as opposed to teenage-esque song tweets. 

I used to enjoy his off-beat banter, but the last time we saw this kinda thing, it coincided with some disturbing behavior. Let's not pretend this guy didn't get caught driving around like common white trash on an epic pill bender about a year ago. 

I would assume many of us are nervous. It is quite common for people with his vices to relapse, and a relapse tends to come with warning signs. 

Remember when I was speculating that he was on pills and I got ripped apart here over a year ago.....and then "it" happened? I noted some seemingly innocuous indicators, such as always carrying a water bottle and his dilated pupils as warning signs, and I got punched pretty hard here. A few weeks later the truth came out, and nobody had a word of concession to say to me about it. 

I was quite literally the first person I'm aware of, not just here, but in all media, to point out that he was exhibiting signs of prescription pill abuse.

I'm not applying this to his tweet in the OP, but I was hoping he'd stick to professional communications, as opposed to teenage-esque song tweets. 

Sorry,  but you simply lost the argument with the line I put into bold.

If you're under the impression that only "poor white trash" get hooked on prescription pain pills and such,  then, I don't care how many times you've been in rehab,  or how many people you know that have been in rehab,  if your view is only "white trash" do what Irsay did,  then you're completely ignorant of the issue.

As for you being the first?    I have no idea.    But I wouldn't bet the farm on it....   speculation on Irsay was pretty common pre-incident.     There were pictures of him looking terrible posted here....    there was all sorts of speculation posted here.   You weren't alone,  far from it.    Claiming to be the first on such a thing is pretty dubious......