Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning donates $3 mil to Tennesse

oldunclemark

$3 mil this week to the athletic department and a non-athletic scholarship fund.

Apparently they hit him up regularly for 'a little help'..

....not that he'll have to worry about the rent or anything but Peyton apparently has always donated to

the athletic department ......apparently Manning gave $1 mil to renovating Neyland Stadium in 2006 and $1 more in 2009.

Its just a season of Nationwide and Papa Johns commercials now, I know, but I was not aware he kicked back cash

to that extent...

/////hopefully Yogi Ferrell will keep IU in his thoughts when he makes the big NBA bucks

It would seem that Manning's post retirement life will be in Tenn. Wonder if he will become GM of the Titans like Elway is for the Broncos.

I don't know.....he has big ties to Tennessee but he grew up in New Orleans...parents are still there..

.....spent almost a third of his life in Indy....

....he's got more money than he could ever spend and his immediate family is fairly wealthy. I don't know if Ive ever heard him talk about what he wants to do post football.....few of these guys do

It would seem that Manning's post retirement life will be in Tenn. Wonder if he will become GM of the Titans like Elway is for the Broncos.

possible his wife is a part owner of the Memphis grizzlies...but yeah he could end up with the Titans down the road. Honestly though I think peyton should follow in Dan marinos shoes and be in front of the camera...he seems to be a natural and just has so much NFL history knowledge and tons to offer breaking down defenses etc.

possible his wife is a part owner of the Memphis grizzlies...but yeah he could end up with the Titans down the road. Honestly though I think peyton should follow in Dan marinos shoes and be in front of the camera...he seems to be a natural and just has so much NFL history knowledge and tons to offer breaking down defenses etc.

But that would require him to be away from home every weekend..and I don't think he'd do that considering his family history.

Maybe he'll go the magic Johnson 'businessman' route

But that would require him to be away from home every weekend..and I don't think he'd do that considering his family history.

Very possible! That is a good point. He probably would like to be closer to home....but I do think working the weekend as a commentatory at the CBS studio would be a good fit as opposed to being a coach or traveling on air guy going to games all over. I can't imagine he won't want to be around football but maybe he will follow in his dads footsteps. He just seems to be a natural in front of the camera and I think we make a good in studio guy.

He already owns like 5 or 6 Papa Johns franchises.  I'm sure he probably is part owner in other businesses.

He already owns like 5 or 6 Papa Johns franchises.  I'm sure he probably is part owner in other businesses.

5 or 6....thought he purchased rights to like 20 or so in the greater Denver area? But yes...I'm sure some steak houses are in order down the line somewhere too.

5 or 6....thought he purchased rights to like 20 or so in the greater Denver area? But yes...I'm sure some steak houses are in order down the line somewhere too.

Yup, you are correct, article. 21 franchises.  And it sounds like he has opened an additional four more.

The article title is hilarious.

So that's 25 franchises making on average of $4000/day, so that's $100,000 per day * 365 days/year is $36,500,000/year,  Even if $30 million of that is taken up in operating costs (which that number seems high for a pizza place) that is a good chunk of change every year.

You con only do so much if that when you're still playing..

When he retires..he can own hundreds of business like magic Magic

'Omaha' Steaks surely must have called..