Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After further review, I feel like I was way too down on a certain RB......

Anytime this guy was brought up in coversation on this forum, I would always remark how I though he was being overrated and how he was probably worth around a 4th round pick. 

I went back and watched a lot more of this player, took extensive notes, and went back and looked at my original profile and feel like this player is much better than I originally gave him credit for. 

After watching a lot more of TJ Yeldon, I came to appreciate his skill much more than I did before. I feel like I (and a lot of others) were too caught up with him not being a master of a single trade, that we didn't appreciate that he was the jack of all. 

He's seemingly decided that he wants to be a power-back in the NFL (which was what I was suggesting earlier) when he came into the combine at 226 lbs. His one-cut running style reminds me a lot of Arian Foster's. Like Foster, Yeldon isn't the strongest or most elusive back in the NFL, but his agility and creativeness as a runner sets him apart from a lot of his counter-parts. He still has the fumble issues (but then again so does almost every back in this draft) so he's not without his faults. 

I originally had a 4th round grade on Yeldon, but after watching him a lot more, I feel like he's be a very good pick in the 2nd round (assuming we choose to go with a RB here). 

Funny you mentioned that cause I feel the same way about Tevin Coleman. Now I do only see these YouTube highlights, but man this guy has "game changer" written all over it.

He is so hard to tackle because of his quickness and can out run anyone. I am just very impressed with his highlight reel

Yeldon is alright, He runs to upright and is to bouncy for my liking, He also don't run consistently hard on my opinion....Though when he decides to he does run pretty hard, Im not a big fan a lot of Backs (There are some that use it well) that use a lot of Jump Cuts but Yeldon is affective with it, I much prefer the speed cut and shifty Backs, His pass protection will probably take a year or so to develop but he isn't awful at it.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/t-j-yeldon-vs-west-virginia-2014/

Here Yeldon is showing his pass pro skill...at 6'1" 226 size is not an issue but recognition will need some work as shown below

<iframe width="675" height="550" src="http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=253348&gif=ScalyCluelessIndianelephant"frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

He is late to recognize the blitzing Linebacker here

I feel like a late 2nd to late 3rd round grade is fair, If we went rb with our 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick and Duke Johnson was still around I would take him as well as Abdullah over Yeldon

Yeldon is a pretty good back. I have watched film on just about every back in this draft, and he is one I wouldn't mind having.He is a jack of all trades,and has great receiving ability. I say go d-line day 1, and if this guy is there,draft him. He would be a great fit for our offense.