Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Ray Armstrong?

is the former 6'4 225lbs SS for Miami University  in this years draft? I think he is but im not sure, but if he is this dude can flat out play. but was dismissed from the team for accepting improper benefits from a booster, seems like everybody at The U did. I don't know where he would be drafted since he hasn't played in a year. im guessing 5-7th round. at least he doesn't have to worry about any more boosters. whoever gets this guy is getting a steal, an Alphonzo Dennard/Vontaze Burfict type steal in the draft.

I just seen his twitter and it seems like he is in the draft, he has people tweeting him saying how they can't wait to hear his name called on draft day

Maybe not Dennard since he is facing up to 5 years in prison.

Really played well last year, and if he had another good year, some projected him to go in the 2nd round.

That didn't happen and he dropped a lot. Personally, i don't like taking risks, even if it's in the 7th round, on players that played badly during their last season, regardless of their history. 

Really played well last year, and if he had another good year, some projected him to go in the 2nd round.

That didn't happen and he dropped a lot. Personally, i don't like taking risks, even if it's in the 7th round, on players that played badly during their last season, regardless of their history. 

He didn't play poorly....he didn't play at all

He didn't play poorly....he didn't play at all

You're right. I had a bit of a brain fart.

I was thinking of Aj Highsmith, the guy who played next to Ray Ray. Solid player who many thought would become very good, and it didn't happen. 

Yes....  he's in the draft....     but....     he's NOT at the combine.

Interesting,  he's among a number of players from big time football programs who did not get a combine invite.

Only reason I'm aware of this is because a Stanford kid I expected to get a combine invite, didn't.    And I was surprised.

So, I've been looking for stories about who didn't get invited and saw Ray Ray's name....

is the former 6'4 225lbs SS for Miami University  in this years draft? I think he is but im not sure, but if he is this dude can flat out play. but was dismissed from the team for accepting improper benefits from a booster, seems like everybody at The U did. I don't know where he would be drafted since he hasn't played in a year. im guessing 5-7th round. at least he doesn't have to worry about any more boosters. whoever gets this guy is getting a steal, an Alphonzo Dennard/Vontaze Burfict type steal in the draft.

I just seen his twitter and it seems like he is in the draft, he has people tweeting him saying how they can't wait to hear his name called on draft day

Maybe not Dennard since he is facing up to 5 years in prison.

You must have visited my page recently.... :thmup: . This is the guy that can help the colts match up with the taller receivers in this league, and provide arial coverage for the big red zone targets like L.Fitzgerald, Cal'Johnson, and A.J.Green. The reason why very few people know, or even remember him is because he was suppose to be Miami's next big star saftey, in the mold of Sean Taylor. I did the research on this guy, and he's actually not a bad kid, but was seduced, like many other athelets who struggle to make ends meet during their college years. So he ended up be dimissed from UM, then transferring to Faulkner University, only to be dimissed because of that storyline that followed him, then he's allowed back on the Miami campus, only for the purpose to graduate, and be allowed to become eligable for the 2013 draft. I belive this guy is gonna be a steal.....same physical speciman as Taylor Mays, but is more concerned about creating turnovers than just getting the big hit....

id rather take a risk on someone that has potential to be good in the 7th, then take a 3rd string QB that will never see any time

I love Ray Ray Armstrong.

As a freshman & sophomore he was very good. Then the allegations came up about Shapiro and The U came crumbling down.

Kinda reminds me of a young Sean Taylor. He has the size, speed, and hitting ability. I would love to get him and have him play across Bethea.

I think Ray Ray will be a steal in this years draft, whoever gets him.

Did you just say he played well and bad back to back?

A guy that takes money or whatever from boosters.....I got no problem with that. I'd probably accept money too. These colleges get free equipment from Nike, Nike uses their logos and sells it, the school gets more money, but the guy that actually plays the game loses his scholarship for accepting money? Doesn't add up for me. If he were actually a bad, character guy I probably wouldn't want him, but I haven't heard anything bad about him other than the booster thing.