Photo

Robert Mathis interested in having Percy Harvin as a Teammate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
136 replies to this topic

#121 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4273 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Yea this whole post make NO SENSE...and ps u r sitting behind a screen just like I am genius.

Oh dear. Clearly the wrong audience.

Apologies Ty. I'll keep that in mind for future posts.

Cheers...

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#122 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7862 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

the guy wants megatron money forget it

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#123 Jim H.

Jim H.
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Sorry. Once the injury thing starts - it continues for most of these paper tigers.

#124 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1558 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

No Way!

No better than Collie ...an injury waiting to happen!

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

*** DB ALL DAY ***

#125 chad72

chad72
  • 9007 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Skill position players, Grigson might prefer getting from the draft. The turnaround time for college players contributing on the field in the NFL is not that high for RBs and WRs, IMO.

Lets not forget Grigson was part of a scouting staff that got both DJax and Maclin via the draft. I doubt we sign any wideout in free agency, it will be purely via the draft.

#126 Restored

Restored

QB University Student

• 1395 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hearing that Harvins reason for wanting out is really related to the teams passing and not really money related. Doesnt feel confident in Christian Ponder it sounds like.

Luck would change that.
QB University Chuckstrong

#127 Vltrophy1

Vltrophy1
  • 466 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

Harvin isn't going anywhere. Jennings made a comment about possibly going to the Vikings. Hope he doesn't as he'll just as bad if not worse than Favre

#128 weslo1812

weslo1812
  • 858 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

I think the Pats could likley land him. Bill Belichick was fascinated with him when he came out and liked him alot. He just ended up being taken off the board one pick ahead. With the pats possibly losing Welker and Loyld they are gonna need Wide reciever help. NE is always crafty at adressing thier needs and getting what they want.
"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us"? NIV

#129 chad72

chad72
  • 9007 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I think the Pats could likley land him. Bill Belichick was fascinated with him when he came out and liked him alot. He just ended up being taken off the board one pick ahead. With the pats possibly losing Welker and Loyld they are gonna need Wide reciever help. NE is always crafty at adressing thier needs and getting what they want.

Was Lloyd signed to just a 1 yr. deal? Welker, I expect them to franchise tag him again.

They just gave Gronk and Hernandez big contracts, and if they give Welker the contract he deserves, that will eat up what they have left in cap space (most of it) and thus I doubt they look to free agency for wideout help.

#130 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 13212 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Was Lloyd signed to just a 1 yr. deal? Welker, I expect them to franchise tag him again.

They just gave Gronk and Hernandez big contracts, and if they give Welker the contract he deserves, that will eat up what they have left in cap space (most of it) and thus I doubt they look to free agency for wideout help.

I don't think you can franchise tag a player 2 years in a row. I doubt that the Pats are going to over pay for a 32 year old slot receiver.

A useful website for when you are debating:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#131 weslo1812

weslo1812
  • 858 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

[quote name="chad72" post="416501" timestamp="1361127497"]

They just gave Gronk and Hernandez big contracts, and if they give Welker the contract he deserves, that will eat up what they have left in cap space (most of it) and thus I doubt they look to free agency for wideout help.[./quote] Im not exactly sure on contract specifics but I know hes set to become a free agent. Welker getting tagged sounds right. They still need a WR because besides those guys they dont have anyone with the exception of thier two beast TEs. I dont think giving Welker a contract will eat up all thier money. I think they have some flexibility. Like I said pats are very smart and crafty so if they are really interested they will make it happen. Just like most good teams do. That or I wouldnt be supprised to se them take Tavon Austin who Bill could have alot of fun with. He loves players like that.
"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us"? NIV

#132 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

I don't think you can franchise tag a player 2 years in a row. I doubt that the Pats are going to over pay for a 32 year old slot receiver.

Yes you can.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#133 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 13212 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Yes you can.

Is there a limit on how many times you can?

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#134 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Is there a limit on how many times you can?

I don't think. I know I've heard that each time a player gets franchised consecutively, teams have to pay more of a percentage each time. I can't remember how it works but I remember reading about it somewhere.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#135 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 13212 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

I don't think. I know I've heard that each time a player gets franchised consecutively, teams have to pay more of a percentage each time. I can't remember how it works but I remember reading about it somewhere.

I actually remember hearing something like that. I think it was 10%(?) more. Thanks for the info though.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#136 Andy

Andy
  • 8806 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Mathis has really been talking a lot lately...

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#137 UKColt13

UKColt13
  • 905 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

Honestly, i like Harvin, he makes some big plays but......

We dont need another slot reciever.

Twitter: @AidenRudd

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates