Photo

FA/Draft Mock

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 638 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

We sign:

Mike Wallace 

Jairus Byrd

Louis Vasquez

Arthur Jones

Draft:

1st- Chance Warmack -crazy I know but according to drafttek.com he has very much the chance of falling to us after the Rams are said to take Barkevious Mingo and the Cowboys are said to take Datane Jones so if that occurs- BRING WARMACK TO INDY!

3rd- Kyle Long- has a great built and talent, would be a good improvement over Justice. 

4th- Tyrann Mathieu- Despite his problems, the kid has talent and Like Davis, I reckon Pagano will motivate him to clean up his act. Also we need a corner opposite Davis and I don't like the idea of getting a CB with one of our 1st 2 picks because we have bigger problems ( IE the O-line)

6- Quanterus Smith (DE/OLB from Western Kentucky)- Bearing in mind he is against one of the best O-lines in college football, he does pretty well and if Freeney goes, he could be a good replacement.

7- Omar Hunter ( NT-Florida) - could be quite good in terms of Depth with Chapman at NT. 

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5544 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Well if draftek.com says the Rams and Boys will pass on Warmack it must be true!
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#3 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18926 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Why would the Rams take Mingo? They have Long on 1 end and Robert Quinn on the other(10.5 sacks for Quinn last year and 11.5 for long), the Rams need more O Line help and Safety help

#4 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 14260 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

You have Mathieu going to early. He'll probably be a mid 5th to an early 6th

I am become Boomstick, Destroyer of Worlds.

#5 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 638 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Why would the Rams take Mingo? They have Long on 1 end and Robert Quinn on the other(10.5 sacks for Quinn last year and 11.5 for long), the Rams need more O Line help and Safety help

Many have said that Mingo can play OLB and would be suitable for the Rams because the only decent OLB they have which will still be under contract is Jo-Lonn Dunbar, so they might want to add more of a pass rush. Also as you said, if they need safety help then they could get draft Vacarro or Elam etc

You have Mathieu going to early. He'll probably be a mid 5th to an early 6th

That's why we should get him in the 4th, so by the time our pick in the 6th has started, he may be gone and Smith is said to be taken from the 5th to 7th round stage.

#6 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 14260 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Many have said that Mingo can play OLB and would be suitable for the Rams because the only decent OLB they have which will still be under contract is Jo-Lonn Dunbar, so they might want to add more of a pass rush. Also as you said, if they need safety help then they could get draft Vacarro or Elam etc

That's why we should get him in the 4th, so by the time our pick in the 6th has started, he may be gone and Smith is said to be taken from the 5th to 7th round stage.

We could just trade back. He's a reach at round 4 IMO.

#7 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Were NOT signing Wallace. Book it right now, won't happen!

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#8 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 638 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

We could just trade back. He's a reach at round 4 IMO.

True, true and if we pick up some picks, maybe also get someone like Kenjon Barner or someone like that.

#9 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 10113 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

I like some of draftteks features, but their mocks tend to be awful. If you read the summary of the colts pick they still think the colts run a zone blocking scheme.

#10 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 10113 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Were NOT signing Wallace. Book it right now, won't happen!

Or Byrd..no way Bills let him walk

#11 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Agreed.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#12 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 638 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Unless they are willing to let go of Levitre, so the bills have a lot of thinking to do this offseason.

#13 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18926 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Another couple of players worth a serious look in the late rounds 

Guards

Jackson 6'6" 341lbs

Foltz 6'3" 329lbs

Edmond Kugbila 6'4" 332lbs

Adam Smith 6'5" 325lbs

Now I cant find any highlights on them but they all certainly have size so just throwing that out there, if anyone knows anymore about them feel free to share

#14 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 10113 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Unless they are willing to let go of Levitre, so the bills have a lot of thinking to do this offseason.

I think they have around 20m to spend....plus they could cut some fat by releasing lesser players

#15 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 638 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

I think they have around 20m to spend....plus they could cut some fat by releasing lesser players

Well if that's the case, then maybe we should go after someone like Dashon Goldson or Patrick Chung

#16 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 10113 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Well if that's the case, then maybe we should go after someone like Dashon Goldson or Patrick Chung

Goldson is expected to be available so he could def be an option. I would pass on Chung...seems to be kinda injury prone

#17 GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE
  • 913 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

If by chance we do grasp the honey badger should be moved to safety typically strong safety from what i saw 2 years ago he is indeed a vicious hitter and fearless (hints honey badger) but as a corner he can be had very shaky fir work and not s polished as a cover guy. Claiborne fervently was the threat a true corner. When we played them (bama) we often ran to morris's side and threw towards Mathieu. With ago that being said if we want a safety there's plenty inn this draft no need to gamble

#18 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 10113 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

If by chance we do grasp the honey badger should be moved to safety typically strong safety from what i saw 2 years ago he is indeed a vicious hitter and fearless (hints honey badger) but as a corner he can be had very shaky fir work and not s polished as a cover guy. Claiborne fervently was the threat a true corner. When we played them (bama) we often ran to morris's side and threw towards Mathieu. With ago that being said if we want a safety there's plenty inn this draft no need to gamble

He would be the smallest SS I have ever seen. I have a hard time believing nfl running backs would fear Mathieu racing towards the hole

#19 FalseStart

FalseStart
  • 579 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Rams need #1 receiver...so my thinking is WR / OL for their two picks.  "Best Available" or "Value" picks aside, I don't see Warmack getting past 1RD #20th pick.  Dallas will probably trade-up to get mingo or moore or select Barkley (Jerry is Jerry).

RAMS PREDICTION

1. Allen or Patterson WR

2. Warmack, Fischer, Johnson OL

4th-5th. Zeke Motta or Johnathan Cyprien or Robert Lester (S)

#20 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 14260 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

He would be the smallest SS I have ever seen. I have a hard time believing nfl running backs would fear Mathieu racing towards the hole

tumblr_lhjjvasJtx1qzn5gho1_500.jpg

He doesn't have the muscle mass of Bob though...

#21 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 10113 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

He doesn't have the muscle mass of Bob though...

Bob's right bicep is bigger than Mathieu

#22 FalseStart

FalseStart
  • 579 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Bob's right bicep is bigger than Mathieu

Bob is one of only three people to have ever touched Chuck Norris's  mustache and lived to tell about it.  The other three you ask; Bruce Lee, Burgess Meridith "Come on Rock. Cut me Mick", Kareem Abdul Jabar.  Matt Elam = Bob Sanders.

#23 trailertrash

trailertrash
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

True, true and if we pick up some picks, maybe also get someone like Kenjon Barner or someone like that.

What is your obsession with smurfs? Last I check, that's who our team is made of right now. What we need are players that are at least built for the system they are gonna play in. Small guys can work in a 4-3 Cover 2, but in a 3-4 man-to-man, you need size. This also applies to the offense as well. Kenjon Barner is nothing more than another LaMichael James. A complete situational guy. 

#24 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 3198 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Warmack won't fall past rams they have 2 chances to get him.

#25 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18926 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Depends on what the Rams think of Harvey Dahl, Brandon Washington and Rokevious Watkins, Dahl is making 4 million next year so I dont know if they would swallow that just to draft an unproven Guard in terms of in the NFL for a proven Guard although Warmack fits the scheme better(in theory), for the other spot they may gamble on Brandon Washington or Watkins and pass on Warmack, with all that said I could just as easily see them drafting D.J. Fluker as well, Barry Richardson is also a FA. They have some big decisions to make just like everyone else

#26 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 9035 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

I don't think we'll see Wallace or Byrd.

And I think the first 3 players you have us drafting will be gone before we draft.   

I think your vision is way too optimistic.   

#27 throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ
  • 3514 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Pagano said he wants to get Bigger & Faster. Is that his Phiosophy or was he just blowing smoke?

#28 GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150
  • 638 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Pagano said he wants to get Bigger & Faster. Is that his Phiosophy or was he just blowing smoke?

In which case, if everyone on this thread is relucant to have Mathieu and Wallace, we replace the Mathieu pick with Rodney Smith ( WR FSU) and in next year's draft we take Bradley Roby (CB from Ohio State) whose a very physical corner and would be great opposite Davis

I don't think we'll see Wallace or Byrd.

And I think the first 3 players you have us drafting will be gone before we draft.   

I think your vision is way too optimistic.   

Warmack, much like Gavin mentioned- might or might not be taken by the Rams and the Cowboys either a safety or a center like Barratt Jones, but even if they take a guard Johnathan Cooper could be an option for them.

Long- According to Walter football is said to be taken between the 3rd and 5th round. 

Mathieu- Also according to Walter Football is said to be taken between the 4th and 6th round

#29 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 9035 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

In which case, if everyone on this thread is relucant to have Mathieu and Wallace, we replace the Mathieu pick with Rodney Smith ( WR FSU) and in next year's draft we take Bradley Roby (CB from Ohio State) whose a very physical corner and would be great opposite Davis

Warmack, much like Gavin mentioned- might or might not be taken by the Rams and the Cowboys either a safety or a center like Barratt Jones, but even if they take a guard Johnathan Cooper could be an option for them.

Long- According to Walter football is said to be taken between the 3rd and 5th round. 

Mathieu- Also according to Walter Football is said to be taken between the 4th and 6th round

I understand those are the projections from Walter Football.   At this point, I don't happen to share their view of things.

I reserve the right to change my mind as we get closer to draft day,  but for now, I think this view is way too pie in the sky.

Hey, don't get me wrong,  I'd be thrilled beyond belief of somehow Warmack and Long fell to the Colts in R's 1 and 3.   I just don't see it happening.   Not even close.

But, I've been wrong many, Many, MANY times before....    and I'll be wrong, many more times in the future.    Just the nature of this guessing game.

#30 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 10113 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Barrett Jones going B4 Warmack? If Warmack shows up at the combine drunk and punches a coach

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      20 Dec
    Nadine

First new years resolution done. Cleaned and reorganized the pantry. Now, on to learning cell numbers for family members. i really do not know them, I just use my cell so I never dial anymore.

• Photo
      20 Dec
    radiogirl

Nothing is more gratifying than doing something for someone else. Brent and I had a long to do list today. Instead, we made an unplanned visit to the hospital. Nothing feeds the soul like helping others. Hang in there Prisha! You are loved!

Show comments (4)
View All Updates