Photo

Manning flew his backups to Hawaii?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18622 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

from NFL.com..

"I'm very happy for Coach (Jim) Harbaugh," said Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, who was mentored by the 49ers coach during their time at Stanford together. "But I wish I was the one getting to play against him in the Super Bowl."
Maybe it's true for every year, but this postseason's obituaries seem to read particularly harsh. And as a result, these men are having a particularly tough time letting this year go.
"All of us have had major disappointments in our seasons," Fox said.
From the Packers falling short of their Super Bowl anticipations to the Seahawks' season coming to an end despite a 20-point comeback against the Falcons to Atlanta's meltdown against the 49ers in their own season-ending loss, the league's top names can all look back on their seasons with very legitimate "what if" question.

For the Broncos, whose sting might be the worst of the bunch, especially after that double overtime loss to the Ravens, they are at least in this together. Manning flew his two backup quarterbacks, Brock Osweiler and Caleb Hanie, to Hawaii for this week's festivities. It has allowed all of them, with Fox included, to talk about the aftershock of a season fallen short.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18622 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

....probably the first of many Pro Bowls for Caleb Hanie!

#3 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

from NFL.com..

"I'm very happy for Coach (Jim) Harbaugh," said Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, who was mentored by the 49ers coach during their time at Stanford together. "But I wish I was the one getting to play against him in the Super Bowl."
Maybe it's true for every year, but this postseason's obituaries seem to read particularly harsh. And as a result, these men are having a particularly tough time letting this year go.
"All of us have had major disappointments in our seasons," Fox said.
From the Packers falling short of their Super Bowl anticipations to the Seahawks' season coming to an end despite a 20-point comeback against the Falcons to Atlanta's meltdown against the 49ers in their own season-ending loss, the league's top names can all look back on their seasons with very legitimate "what if" question.

For the Broncos, whose sting might be the worst of the bunch, especially after that double overtime loss to the Ravens, they are at least in this together. Manning flew his two backup quarterbacks, Brock Osweiler and Caleb Hanie, to Hawaii for this week's festivities. It has allowed all of them, with Fox included, to talk about the aftershock of a season fallen short.

Not just that, as Peyton put it as new QB coach Knapp & OC Case are their its gives them a chance to get a head start on next season, now thats forward thinking 

its on http://www.denverbroncos.com/ as first video on main page as of right now, will change over time I am sure

http://www.denverbro...edia/index.html  this takes u there right now at least

its called

these  2 below look like links but dont load video at least for me

Manning on Practicing with New Staff

Practicing for the Pro Bowl means Peyton Manning gets additional on-field time with Adam Gase and Greg Knapp to get a jump on next season.

Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#4 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8753 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

In the years to come I can see Luck doing the same thing.    His favorite player is Peyton Manning.   Classy guy.    His father, Oliver, is a huge influence on Andrew.    Again, another classy guy.     It's rubbed off on Andrew.

Nothing he does in a positive way like this will ever surprise me......

#5 tonychen

tonychen
  • 912 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

So what are these elite QBs doing when their seasons are undesirabelly over? Brady is paying his $10000 fine and moving into the $20M castle, Manning meanwhile is paying a trip to Hawaii for his entire QB crew. Fun to be that rich :cheer2:

#6 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

So what are these elite QBs doing when their seasons are undesirabelly over? Brady is paying his $10000 fine and moving into the $20M castle, Manning meanwhile is paying a trip to Hawaii for his entire QB crew. Fun to be that rich :cheer2:

That aint Rich Thats wealthy beyond my imagination to me, 

then again when I wasnt disabled I'd scalped a dozen Stones tickets  for 1 particular show  and always 4 Dead tickets every tour  locally   and took    friends  that couldn't that  afford things & when my childhood friend was going though a rough  divorce and lived in Phoenix and asked me to come & I couldn't  do to my disability I called the airlines, reserved tickets for him, called him back , said to pack, you are coming here this weekend and going to 2 stone shows with me and some friends  ( this was a different stones tour ) , if dont feel like packing just get self in gear & I'll get u whatever u need here 

Great weekend 

My Mother always said I will never know the value of a buck, she may be right, I just knew I had more than I ever thopught possible as a kid so was lucky in that resapect, I have friends that did same for me when went back east and toured dead shows around new england, to bad I realy cant fly anymore, miss NY greatly

I aint bragging, sometimes its just nice to help a freiend, one day I may need it and hopefully it will come around

Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#7 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13826 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

Not unheard of Reggie said he was taking the other WRs and the position coach with him.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#8 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1137 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

In the years to come I can see Luck doing the same thing.    His favorite player is Peyton Manning.   Classy guy.    His father, Oliver, is a huge influence on Andrew.    Again, another classy guy.     It's rubbed off on Andrew.

Luck brought Chandler Harnish with him to Hawaii. Drew Stanton's wife just had a baby so he stayed home, but Andrew offered. He discussed it in the conference call from a couple of days back.

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#9 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6749 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

manning flew backwards to hawaii?

#10 ÅÐØNϧ 1

ÅÐØNϧ 1
  • 1347 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Agreed   

Andrew  Luck invited both Drew Stanton & Chandler Harnish Stanton declined he has a new baby & is a good & proud papa .

Hørše Šen§e ¡š  ╪hé  th¡ñg á hørše håš wh¡çh kΣËpŠ ¡t frΦM ße╪t¡Ñg Φn P£Ôp¿e .

WÇ. F¡éldš

#11 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18622 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Not unheard of Reggie said he was taking the other WRs and the position coach with him.

Not unheard of but not common....

I would bet Arian Foster didnt take fly his linemen to Hawaii...as a reward...

I would suppose Russell Wilson didnt fly his backups to Hawaii...

The way I see it....Manning did it as a favor to his backups...He doesn't really need the backup QBs them to work with his new offensive coordinator.....

I'm glad to hear Luck made the same offer.....I would guess Luck feels like the two backups helped him even though they didnt play in any games...

Plus he makes a lot of money and they dont. Share the wealth ...

#12 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13826 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

I would suppose Russell Wilson didnt fly his backups to Hawaii...

The way I see it....Manning did it as a favor to his backups...He doesn't really need the backup QBs them to work with his new offensive coordinator.....

I'm glad to hear Luck made the same offer.....I would guess Luck feels like the two backups helped him even though they didnt play in any games...

Plus he makes a lot of money and they dont. Share the wealth ...

It's more common than you think a lot of players take teammates and coaches with them to the Pro-Bowl.  Maybe not everyone but a lot do this has been done for years.  Still nice of the players to do but nothing unheard of.

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#13 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18622 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

It's more common than you think a lot of players take teammates and coaches with them to the Pro-Bowl.  Maybe not everyone but a lot do this has been done for years.  Still nice of the players to do but nothing unheard of.

Not everyone. Not half. Not one quarter...

Everyone takes a wife/girlfriend/kids ....Few take teammates..and very few take backups

#14 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13826 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Not everyone. Not half. Not one quarter...

Everyone takes a wife/girlfriend/kids ....Few take teammates..and very few take backups

I didn't say everyone I said it happens more often than you think.  There is normally two to three stories about guys taking their teammates or coaches every year around the Pro-Bowl. 

#15 ColtsFTW

ColtsFTW
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

So why didn't Manning ever take Curtis Painter? lol

#16 Vance

Vance
  • 2667 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

He didn't need to, most of his O-line was voted to the Pro Bowl anyway lol.

Houston Texans fan and realist. Sarcasm is etched into my DNA.

#17 Franklin County

Franklin County
  • 1008 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

I think its great that these guys did that for the back ups. Shows that they are team players and a little extra practice time only makes the younger guys better. Great news on Stanton being a new daddy, Congrats to him. And Peyton classy as always.

#18 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6749 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

So why didn't Manning ever take Curtis Painter? lol

lol... like you have to ask :)

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates