Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is the Manning/Brady era beginning it's end?

Jules

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. A serious discussion over the final years of Brady/Manning derailed again by Texan fan?

Am I reading this right the last several pages?

I don't get the smack talk either. Qwiz, you had the Colts winning 4 games last year. We not only won 11 but knocked the Texans out from homefield. I know you are a Texans/RGIII fanatic but sometimes this gets a little old to read.

Wow. A serious discussion over the final years of Brady/Manning derailed again by Texan fan?

Am I reading this right the last several pages?

I don't get the smack talk either. Qwiz, you had the Colts winning 4 games last year. We not only won 11 but knocked the Texans out from homefield. I know you are a Texans/RGIII fanatic but sometimes this gets a little old to read.

Oh yeah, and once again, it's all my fault. I didn't start this argument, and who cares if I like Griffin? Oh, that's right, I made a few digs at 12 and here you come getting all defensive. Sheesh, who cares how many games I had you guys winning...that is completely irrelevant to this discussion. You do the same thing regarding 12 that you accuse all the Manning fans of doing as well...it's hypocritical.

Or if any of their players have won MVP or offensive/defensive player of the yr they can display a copy of the trophy here? Oh... sorry they dont have any either.

How many do the Colts have? It seems you keep forgetting that Manning is in Colorado now.

Oh yeah, and once again, it's all my fault. I didn't start this argument, and who cares if I like Griffin? Oh, that's right, I made a few digs at 12 and here you come getting all defensive. Sheesh, who cares how many games I had you guys winning...that is completely irrelevant to this discussion. You do the same thing regarding 12 that you accuse all the Manning fans of doing as well...it's hypocritical.

Whatever. But, you don't always get it. You are usually involved in threads that are heavily derailed here like this.

You know what. I would probably still take a 43 year old Manning or Brady over Matt Schaub.......

So in reality the biggest competition for either QB in their final years (relevant to discussion) probably won't even be Houston. I had like no interest in Pats/Texans. Why? Cause I knew that unless Brady completely blew it that the Pats were a lock to win.

To be fair, the Texans won a pretty weak division (yes, I know that includes the Colts), and not by a convincing margin.

well for what it is worth, they did beat the Bears, Broncos and Ravens, and altho the lower part of the division is weak, the 2nd place colts had enough wins to win the AFC North . . .

Whatever. But, you don't always get it. You are usually involved in threads that are heavily derailed here like this.

You know what. I would probably still take a 43 year old Manning or Brady over Matt Schaub.......

So in reality the biggest competition for either QB in their final years (relevant to discussion) probably won't even be Houston. I had like no interest in Pats/Texans. Why? Cause I knew that unless Brady completely blew it that the Pats were a lock to win.

Ah, and it continues. You revert to your old ways like you did when we beat you guys down in Houston.

Yes, I am involved, but does that mean I start them? No. I am a Texan fan and because of this I am an easy target for people like you and the other guys in dog fights like this. I'm sure you would be happy with an arthritic Brady, but as far as Manning, I'm not buying it. You've been hating on the guy all year long. The quarterback who will be challenging Manning and Brady darn sure won't be in Indianapolis, I know that much. He has a lot to learn from his predecessor.

well for what it is worth, they did beat the Bears, Broncos and Ravens, and altho the lower part of the division is weak, the 2nd place colts had enough wins to win the AFC North . . .

Two of those teams handed the Colts losses...and yet somehow we only won because we are in a weak division...it's good to see someone else who doesn't "forget" these sort of things. :thmup:

Two of those teams handed the Colts losses...and yet somehow we only won because we are in a weak division...it's good to see someone else who doesn't "forget" these sort of things. :thmup:

And the colts beat the Vikings and packers, they handed the Texans two losses

Ah, and it continues. You revert to your old ways like you did when we beat you guys down in Houston.

Yes, I am involved, but does that mean I start them? No. I am a Texan fan and because of this I am an easy target for people like you and the other guys in dog fights like this. I'm sure you would be happy with an arthritic Brady, but as far as Manning, I'm not buying it. You've been hating on the guy all year long. The quarterback who will be challenging Manning and Brady darn sure won't be in Indianapolis, I know that much. He has a lot to learn from his predecessor.

And I would love to know who you think is the QB who will challenge Brady/Manning. Go ahead, tell me who it is. Or give me a few names.

I have never seen a troll quite like you and I have been on and off here since 2006.

And the colts beat the Vikings and packers, they handed the Texans two losses

this only further proves the point that the AFC South is not as weak as That Guy mention earlier . . . you have a team in the colts that not only had enough wins to win the division of the AFC rep in the SB this year, they also beat two playoff teams you referenced . . .

That still leaves the Ravens and Broncos, two teams that had you guys played them, you would have probably lost. We won.

You must reply to everyone right? All the time.

Just stop at times and leave. My Goodness.......I know you want the last word but you are not helping your case here either.

Why don't you just give Indy credit at times too for the season they had instead of acting like Houston was so dramatically better when they clearly were not.

Two of those teams handed the Colts losses...and yet somehow we only won because we are in a weak division...it's good to see someone else who doesn't "forget" these sort of things. :thmup:

I know where all this anger is coming from, the title of this thread mentions Manning and Brady, but nothing of Schaub.

I'm just messin' with you. You have enough other posters to respond to. :yahoo:

And I would love to know who you think is the QB who will challenge Brady/Manning. Go ahead, tell me who it is. Or give me a few names.

I have never seen a troll quite like you and I have been on and off here since 2006.

What is your definition of troll. You wanta know mine? Someone who goes about a message board as he/she sees fit, causing chaos and posting topics/messages meant to insult other members. Said troll can be a home team or rival fan, in the latter case the troll will only appear when home team has lost to his/her team or has messed up in some way. I have been here since April of last year...I have friends here, I get along with others (not counting people like jvan who like to constantly badger Vance and I) and I hardly if ever point out the mistakes of other team's players or quarterbacks. Using this definition...you would be more of a troll than I am. I would name a few, but I'd rather avoid the flames. I feel as though I've been around too many today already.

What is your definition of troll. You wanta know mine? Someone who goes about a message board as he/she sees fit, causing chaos and posting topics/messages meant to insult other members. Said troll can be a home team or rival fan, in the latter case the troll will only appear when home team has lost to his/her team or has messed up in some way. I have been here since April of last year...I have friends here, I get along with others (not counting people like jvan who like to constantly badger Vance and I) and I hardly if ever point out the mistakes of other team's players or quarterbacks. Using this definition...you would be more of a troll than I am. I would name a few, but I'd rather avoid the flames. I feel as though I've been around too many today already.

Don't worry qwizboy, I know you're not a troll. People just take friendly banter a little too seriously.

You must reply to everyone right? All the time.

Just stop at times and leave. My Goodness.......I know you want the last word but you are not helping your case here either.

Why don't you just give Indy credit at times too for the season they had instead of acting like Houston was so dramatically better when they clearly were not.

I'm not acting like we were dramatically better. The guy said that we are comparable to Denver because we won against easier competition, but we played outside the division and like Yehoodi mentioned, even the Colts made the playoffs and beat playoff teams so the division is not as weak as some want to make it out to be.

Great.

But, still I want you to answer this which you said:

The quarterback who will be challenging Manning and Brady darn sure won't be in Indianapolis, I know that much.

Who is the QB who will challenge Brady and Manning?

I'm not acting like we were dramatically better. The guy said that we are comparable to Denver because we won against easier competition, but we played outside the division and like Yehoodi mentioned, even the Colts made the playoffs and beat playoff teams so the division is not as weak as some want to make it out to be.

What is wrong with being compared to Denver? I think they likely were the better team by year end then the Texans. The Texans squeaked by Cincy in the playoffs but had an awful ending to the season as a whole and were pretty much slapped around in NE even with the refs helping Houston at times.

Great.

But, still I want you to answer this which you said:

Who is the QB who will challenge Brady and Manning?

The names Roethlisberger, Flacco, and even Rivers come to mind. Those are the three off the top of my head, but given the right scenarios, I would take Bengals, Texans over Broncos, just as I would take Patriots over Texans, Broncos. But that's just given the current situation without the Draft or FA.

What is wrong with being compared to Denver? I think they likely were the better team by year end then the Texans. The Texans squeaked by Cincy in the playoffs but had an awful ending to the season as a whole and were pretty much slapped around in NE even with the refs helping Houston at times.

Denver beat a single team with a winning record, if I'm not mistaken, a team that came back and stung them in the playoffs. We beat multiple playoff teams. I think that if we had played Denver, or if NE had, both teams would have won. Denver just wasn't meant for greatness this year. Next year, however, could very well be a different story...

this only further proves the point that the AFC South is not as weak as That Guy mention earlier . . . you have a team in the colts that not only had enough wins to win the division of the AFC rep in the SB this year, they also beat two playoff teams you referenced . . .

I guess I stand corrected.  The AFC South did pull off wins over good teams.

I refuse to argue against my Colts, even if it means admitting I'm wrong.

The names Roethlisberger, Flacco, and even Rivers come to mind. Those are the three off the top of my head, but given the right scenarios, I would take Bengals, Texans over Broncos, just as I would take Patriots over Texans, Broncos. But that's just given the current situation without the Draft or FA.

And you forgot to mention Eli, Rodgers, and Brees (who all have rings).

They will all do great things (if not so great as PM or TB).

I guess I stand corrected.  The AFC South did pull off wins over good teams.

I refuse to argue against my Colts, even if it means admitting I'm wrong.

And you forgot to mention Eli, Rodgers, and Brees (who all have rings).

They will all do great things (if not so great as PM or TB).

I was just naming AFC QBs lol. I don't know where to start in the NFC, though Eli, Rodgers, and Brees are indeed great choices.

Denver beat a single team with a winning record, if I'm not mistaken, a team that came back and stung them in the playoffs. We beat multiple playoff teams. I think that if we had played Denver, or if NE had, both teams would have won. Denver just wasn't meant for greatness this year. Next year, however, could very well be a different story...

I think Denver beat both BAL and CIN.

And Denver didn't just lie down and get whooped by any team.  They were in every game this year, even when they lost.

I think Denver beat both BAL and CIN.

And Denver didn't just lie down and get whooped by any team.  They were in every game this year, even when they lost.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Bengals. True, they didn't lie down, but there was still something about them that wasn't right. Yes, they had Manning, but they still reminded me of the Denver team from a year ago at times. :dunno:

Not responding to your comments above. Just a questions, isn't that Reggie Wayne for your avatar? Not knocking the avatar (or why you use it), just curious.

Not responding to your comments above. Just a questions, isn't that Reggie Wayne for your avatar? Not knocking the avatar (or why you use it), just curious.

Yep that's him. I thought it was a good choice. He's the Colts version of Andre Johnson haha.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Bengals. True, they didn't lie down, but there was still something about them that wasn't right. Yes, they had Manning, but they still reminded me of the Denver team from a year ago at times. :dunno:

Were there many real additions to their team (besides Peyton)? 

They had a rookie RB and DT who contributed, but I can't think of much else off the top of my head.

And the Broncos under Tebow won low-scoring defensive games.  Under Peyton, they were much more balanced.

Were there many real additions to their team (besides Peyton)? 

They had a rookie RB and DT who contributed, but I can't think of much else off the top of my head.

And the Broncos under Tebow won low-scoring defensive games.  Under Peyton, they were much more balanced.

Well, Moreno had a resurgence as well. I can't think of any others though. I agree that they were much more balanced though. But hey, adding Peyton Manning will do that to you. ;)