Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is the Manning/Brady era beginning it's end?

Jules

He did was his coach told him to do. If it were Dungy they would have gone for it, but Fox is the most conservative coach in the league.

Don't pretend for a second that if Petyon WANTED to go for it that Fox would have said no. I remember Peyton on many a fourth down with the Colts, shooing away the FG team so he could go for it. Make no mistake, the offense in Denver IS Peyton Manning. He brought it from Indy. The key you are missing is that Peyton said he was in agreement with it. I think the cold and his arm got to him at that point. It was clear in OT that he had nothing left on the ball.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't pretend for a second that if Petyon WANTED to go for it that Fox would have said no. I remember Peyton on many a fourth down with the Colts, shooing away the FG team so he could go for it. Make no mistake, the offense in Denver IS Peyton Manning. He brought it from Indy. The key you are missing is that Peyton said he was in agreement with it. I think the cold and his arm got to him at that point. It was clear in OT that he had nothing left on the ball.

Be fair here... what's Manning supposed to say after the game? "I sure do wish my coach called a pass on that play?" Whether he agreed with it or not, taking his post-game comments at face value is a little naive, don't you think?

he will be remembered like Marino. A guy that was one of the best pure passers of his generation but never got it done in the post-season save one season when his D carried him and he lucked out playing the awful Grossman in the SB.

Look I'm a diehard Pats fan too, but that's just plain trolling. Manning got it done pretty good in the second half of the '06 AFCCG, don't you think? Pretty miserable day for us NE fans, maybe you don't recall it though. Give credit where it's due, even if you've got to swallow a little pride in the process.

Be fair here... what's Manning supposed to say after the game? "I sure do wish my coach called a pass on that play?" Whether he agreed with it or not, taking his post-game comments at face value is a little naive, don't you think?

Look I'm a diehard Pats fan too, but that's just plain trolling. Manning got it done pretty good in the second half of the '06 AFCCG, don't you think? Pretty miserable day for us NE fans, maybe you don't recall it though. Give credit where it's due, even if you've got to swallow a little pride in the process.

Maybe he was posturing but he said he agreed with the call which is more than he needed to say if he was just covering for Fox but honestly that is the main issue I have with Manning. He never says anything. He didn't say boo when Caldwell pulled him off the field in the Jet game with a perfect season on the line and then he says he agrees with Fox on taking a knee. He has always lacked that eye of the tiger.

Look in 2006 the guy threw 3 TDs to 7 picks. In the AFCC game you are referencing he threw a pick six early to Samuels which is what put his team in such a big hole that he then had to climb out of. He certainly played a great second half to mount the comeback but do not forget that Adam Vinateri propelled him to that game with FIVE Fgs agains the Ravens in the divisonal round - the only points the offense scored. Outside of 2006 the guy only has 5 playoff wins - same as both Rodgers is Brees has right now and only one more than Mark Sanchez and EIGHT one and done's. I think I am being generous toward the guy. He is in a class all his own when it comes to post-season ineptness.

I'm a 1000% sure Peyton was "completely behind the coaches decision" on being benched when the team was 14-0.

No such thing as white lies, am I right? ;)

but do not forget that Adam Vinateri propelled him to that game with FIVE Fgs agains the Ravens in the divisonal round

So I guess Brady has nothing to do with his 1st and 2nd ring because Adam was the one who finished.

Or is it that you view Brady put them in position to score points? But when it comes to Peyton he couldn't get it done.

Ask any Colts fan the Ravens game may have been the best game he ever played. Maybe not stats wise, but he made clutch throw after clutch throw.

Maybe he was posturing but he said he agreed with the call which is more than he needed to say if he was just covering for Fox but honestly that is the main issue I have with Manning. He never says anything. He didn't say boo when Caldwell pulled him off the field in the Jet game with a perfect season on the line and then he says he agrees with Fox on taking a knee. He has always lacked that eye of the tiger.

Because Peyton takes blame and doesn't throw teammates and / or coaches under the Bus.

Yet,  one of your main issues with Aaron Rodgers, is that he's just the opposite, blames everyone but himself...??? :?:

Because Peyton takes blame and doesn't throw teammates and / or coaches under the Bus.

Yet,  one of your main issues with Aaron Rodgers, is that he's just the opposite, blames everyone but himself...??? :?:

Well I would argue with you except Peyton has thrown his Oline under the bus before but that is not my point. Decker said the Manning was in agreement with it on the sideline. He had no issue with it during the game. Like I said, I remember him shooing away the FG unit on fourth downs with the Colts. Rest assured that if he wanted to go for it they would have. Fox has ZERO power over the Bronco offense when it comes to Peyton. That is the main reason he went there instead of the niners. Fox is his puppet.

Well I would argue with you except Peyton has thrown his Oline under the bus before but that is not my point. Decker said the Manning was in agreement with it on the sideline. He had no issue with it during the game. Like I said, I remember him shooing away the FG unit on fourth downs with the Colts. Rest assured that if he wanted to go for it they would have. Fox has ZERO power over the Bronco offense when it comes to Peyton. That is the main reason he went there instead of the niners. Fox is his puppet.

Dude you have lost your mind. Its not one player that wins or loses a game there is no I in team! I dont understand why you have to come on a Colts forum especially with the SB's Brady has given you and talk trash about our former Qb, Wow you really have no life. And Manning didnt throw his O-line under the bus he told them to stay in there lane! You can try to slam Manning all you want but the fact of the matter is Manning carried this team for years and years trying to put us in a position to win the big game if Manning would have had half the Defence Brady had during his SB runs and maybe a cheating coaching staff then we would probably have four SB's also. Oh also I will take our hard earned SB vs your Questionable four, just my opion though.....

Dude you have lost your mind. Its not one player that wins or loses a game there is no I in team! I dont understand why you have to come on a Colts forum especially with the SB's Brady has given you and talk trash about our former Qb, Wow you really have no life. And Manning didnt throw his O-line under the bus he told them to stay in there lane! You can try to slam Manning all you want but the fact of the matter is Manning carried this team for years and years trying to put us in a position to win the big game if Manning would have had half the Defence Brady had during his SB runs and maybe a cheating coaching staff then we would probably have four SB's also. Oh also I will take our hard earned SB vs your Questionable four, just my opion though.....

* 3 Super Bowls